Status: Active again! New chapter up as of 8/13/11!

A New Kind of Dangerous

Ten

It was just before midnight when Raven arrived at the park. She turned her car off and got out, searching for the person she was supposed to be meeting. The park was dead at this time of night, the silence in the air rang in her ears. Raven scanned the area with her eyes, but she couldn't locate a single shadow. She was about to give up, she still didn't feel right about coming here alone anyways. Just then she heard a rustling noise behind her. Before she could turn around she was grabbed from behind and blind folded. No. This was not happening to her. This couldn't happen to her. This kind of shit only happened in horror movies, right?

Raven opened her mouth to scream, but a hand covered it. Oh god this is where she was going to die. "Don't be scared" A girls voice whispered in her ear. The voice sounded strangely familiar, but she couldn't pin point where she'd heard it before. "I'm not going to hurt you, I promise" The girl tried to convince her. "Who the hell are you? What the hell's going on?" Raven demanded, still scared out of her mind. "My identity is best left unknown, but I promise that you know me better than you think. I'm going to let you go now, as long as you promise to keep your blind fold on." Raven nodded and the mysterious person let her go.

"Let's go sit down" The voice said, guiding her over to what Raven assumed was a park bench. "Why are we here?" Raven asked "What is it you want with me?" Why had she come? Why was she so stupid? She should have just told this girl to fuck off and gone to see Jae instead of lying to her, saying that her dad wanted to spend family time with her. "Look Raven" She said "I know you don't know who I am right now, but just know that I like you so much and I care about you. I haven't ever felt this way about a person before and I don't know how to handle it. If anybody found out that I had feelings for you, if anybody found out that we'd even met here.." She trailed off, searching for the right words "Well then let's just say that I'd be fucked"

Raven wanted to know who this girl was so bad that it was killing her. All she had to do was rip the blind fold off and then she'd know in a second, but something was keeping her from doing so. She didn't know if it was because she didn't want to hurt this girl, or if it was because she found herself strangely attracted to this person she didn't even know who was. "Look I don't know who you are" Raven began "But I would love to get to know you if that's even possible. I don't want you to think I'm some big whore or anything because if you know me then you know that I have a girlfriend, but I'm finding myself weirdly attracted to you right now. I don't know what it is but it's just like.." Raven couldn't even think of the words to explain it so she just shut up all together.

"I'd like to get to know you too Raven" The girl said. Raven felt the girls arm slip around her waist and for some reason she didn't pull back. After a wile, Raven pulled away. "What time is it?" She asked her. There was a pause and Raven guessed that the girl was checking her phone. "It's almost one thirty" She told her, sounding surprised. "I have to get going, I have school tomorrow"

Ah so this girl was in school. That certainly narrowed the list of people down that it might be. Raven acted as if this information meant nothing to her, though. "Do me a favor and count to one hundred before you take the blind fold off and go to your car" The girl said. "Okay, I will" Raven promised her. "Bye Raven" She said before kissing her on the cheek and scurrying off.

Raven sat there for a long time, trying to process in her mind what the hell had just happened. Still blind folded, Raven lifted her hand up and touched her cheek where the girl had just kissed it. She broke out into a smile as she did so. She didn't know what the hell it was, but she wanted more of this girl, even if she was a complete stranger.
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts?