Status: Active again! New chapter up as of 8/13/11!

A New Kind of Dangerous

Sixteen

Raven felt as if her entire life was crashing down around her. Sydney hadn't so much as looked at her in weeks. Emily was now ignoring her because she'd told her that she couldn't be with her because of Sydney. Jacob was pissed at her for hurting Emily. Sarah and her had grown so far apart that it wasn't fixable. Brooke was always so busy with cheerleading and her slut friends that they barely spoke anymore. Josie had moved away. She had absolutely no one. Sure, she still partied with people every weekend, but they weren't real friends. Just people to get drunk and high with. She hadn't been this depressed in years.

Brad hadn't spoken to her either, which was why she was shocked when he sought her out during lunch. She was sitting in her car, alone, smoking a joint. Raven jumped about a mile when someone rapped on her window. Surprised at who it was, she rolled down the window. "Yeah?" She asked as a cloud of smoke rolled out of the window.

"We need to talk." He said. She didn't like the look on his voice or the way his voice sounded one bit. Did he know about her and Sydney? "Get in." He walked around and opened the passenger door. She started the car and began driving. She didn't know where to go, so she just parked two blocks away from the school at an old playground. They got out and began walking around, finally settling on the swings.

Silently, she offered the joint to him and he took it, taking a hit before handing it back to her. "So what did you need to talk about?" She wished he could just get on with it already. "Sydney." Oh fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck! He knew! "I-" She started to say, but he held up a hand, cutting her off.

"I'm not mad. I know that you broke things off because you didn't want me to get hurt. I appreciate your consideration. Sydney broke up with me last night. She said it was because we've been growing apart this year. She didn't mention a word about you two, but I already suspected it weeks ago when you two stopped talking. My suspicions were confirmed the other day when I found a piece of paper she had accidently dropped in my car, talking about the fight you had and how you yelled at her for cheating on me. I have no problem with either of you, but you better treat her right." She didn't know what to say. She hadn't been expecting him to be so nice. She had been expecting him to cuss her out, maybe kill her and hide the body. "I will." She mumbled.

It was all she could think to say. She knew that they were never going to go anywhere. Raven was done. She couldn't tear herself up over her anymore. She couldn't get over the fact that Sydney had led her on for months. Sure, she had left Brad, but she wasn't interested in being the girls science experiment anymore. If Sydney sincerely wanted her, she could come find her and prove it to her. No more of these games.

"We better be getting back, it's five minutes till the bell." She nodded and drove them back, not bothering to get out of the car as he walked inside. She didn't want to go back in there after everything that had just happened. Why was Sydney so fucking confusing?

Later that night Raven was awakened by her phone beeping. Who the hell was contacting her? No one ever text or called her anymore unless it was to inform her about a party. "1 New Message" She opened the text and was shocked to see that it was from Sydney. "I left Brad." It read. "I know." She typed back. Why did she have to continue to drive her crazy?

"Can we talk? In person?" Raven didn't reply for a few minutes, trying to decide what to do. She wanted to see her, bad. She also didn't want to play games anymore. She was sick of trying to guess the other girls feelings for her. "When?" She asked. "Now. The Park. Be there in ten." She obviously didn't have much choice as she wrote back that she'd be there and slipped her shoes on and put her hair in a ponytail. She left her sweat pants on and didn't wear any makeup. If Sydney didn't think she looked good once she saw her like this, then she obviously didn't actually have feelings for her beyond sexual attraction.

She arrived at the park and parked next to Sydney's car. She glanced over and saw that she wasn't in the car. Great. She was going to have to get out and freeze her ass of in the middle of November. She zipped her coat up to her neck as she climbed out of the car and searched the park for Sydney. Finally, she located her sitting on the steps of the large play set, smoking a cigarette? Sydney didn't smoke. She rarely drank. What the hell?

Raven walked over, stopping in front of her. God she looked beautiful. "Hey." She mumbled, taking a seat next to her, but leaving about a foot of room between them. "Hey." Sydney greeted her, taking a puff of her cigarette. Raven lit her own as well and they sat in silence for a moment. "Why did you want to talk to me?" Sydney didn't answer for a moment, she seemed to be trying to think of what to say.

"I hate this. I hate the way things are between us. It's my fault. I've led you on for months. I haven't meant to. I swear. I've just-I've never been with a girl before. I've never liked another girl before. I've found girls attractive before, but I just figured that you can find girls attractive and still be completely straight. Until you, I was one hundred percent sure that I was straight. Now...I don't know what I am. I do know one thing, though. I want you." Raven felt her heart jump at that last statement.

"I told Brad I broke up with him because we have been growing apart this year. It is true, but that's not the real reason why. I did it because I want to be with you. I can't be away from you any longer. I don't want to try to deny my feelings any longer. I know that I don't want to live without you." She stopped and looked at her. Raven turned her head, trying not to cry in front of the girl.

Everything she had just said was everything she had been wanting to hear for months. "I don't want to be without you any longer, either." She said. "But I don't want to be your science experiment." She didn't turn to look at the girl, not wanting to see the expression that was probably on her face.

She felt a hand on her arm. "I'm sorry if you think that, but it's not true. This isn't an experiment to me. This isn't me being confused. This is real. You've made me fall in love with you, Raven." She whipped her head around at her words, hardly believing them. She closed her eyes and opened them again. She was still there. It was real.

Raven scooted closer to Sydney, closing the gap in between them. "I've fallen in love with you too." She whispered, looking into her eyes. She leaned down to kiss her, but felt Sydney's lips on hers before she could. Raven kissed back, slipping her arm around her waist as she did so. She didn't want to pull back. She didn't want to stop. This was exactly what she had wanted for months. Sydney finally broke the kiss, but didn't pull away, laying her head on her shoulder. Neither of them spoke for a moment, content to just sit there with each other.

It was Raven who spoke first. "Brad knows, you know." She told her. "How?" Raven explained to her the conversation that had taken place between them earlier that day and Sydney could hardly believe it. "I can't believe he's okay with it." Raven nodded. She couldn't believe it either. Sydney pulled away to check her phone, realizing that it was almost midnight. "Crap. I have to be home by midnight." She stood up and they began walking back to the cars, Sydney lighting another cigarette as she went. "Since when do you smoke?" She asked.

Sydney shrugged. "Took up the habit a couple weeks ago." "Who would have ever thought Sydney Harper, goody good of the junior class, would be a smoker." Sydney pushed her playfully and Raven pushed back, laughing like she hadn't in weeks. They played around for a few more minutes before Sydney said that she absolutely had to go. Raven didn't kiss her goodbye, not wanting to push things.

She moved to open her car door, but was stopped as a hand enclosed on her wrist. Raven turned back to look at her. "I wanted to ask you something?" Sydney said, blushing. Raven looked at her to go on. "Um..will you be my girlfriend?" She said quickly, her face red as a tomato.

Raven thought it was absolutely adorable how embarressed she was. "Of course." She said, smiling down at her. Sydney threw her arms around her neck and pulled her into a tight hug. They had kissed several times, but they had never really hugged before. Raven buried her face in her shoulder, taking in the smell of her strawberry shampoo.

After several long moments, Sydney pulled back and Raven captured her in a long kissed that left them both gasping for air when it was over. She walked around and opened the door for Sydney. "Text me when you get home." She said, kissing her once more before closing the door and watching her drive off.

As she drove home, she couldn't get the big cheesy smile off of her face. Finally, after months, she finally had what she wanted. Finally, she was happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I know it might seem weird that Raven acts like she doesn't care about the fact that they've broken up, but think about it. Raven waited around for her to make up her mind for months, she's tired of waiting and Sydney's reluctance to leave Brad made it seem like she just wanted to experiment with her.

But anyways, I hope you all liked the chapter:)