Status: Active again! New chapter up as of 8/13/11!

A New Kind of Dangerous

Four

The rest of the day was un-eventful. She had Chemistry, Latin, and Art. She didn't see Sydney again until the end of the day when she passed her in the hallway. She just stared straight ahead, determined not to make eye contact, as Sydney waited at Brad's locker. She made it to the car and waited for Sarah, which was unusual, she usually walked to Sarah's locker. After sitting there in the air conditioning for 10 minutes, she pulled out her Blackberry Storm and texted Sarah. "Where r u?" She asked

Not even a minute later her cell phone beeped with a reply. "Looking for you, where the fuck r u?"

She typed back "In the car, come on" and tossed her phone into the console.

Sarah came out talking to a girl she vaguely recognized, Morgan? Was that her name?

Sarah got in the car and looked at her. "What's wrong?" She asked
That was the thing that Raven loved about her best friend, she could always tell when something was wrong with her.

Raven shook her head and started the car. On the drive to Sarah's she blasted Talking To The Moon by Bruno Mars and kept silent. Sarah didn't push anymore to find out what was wrong with her. Sarah got out of the car "Bye" she called

"Bye" Raven mumbled back before slowly driving off.

She parked her car next to Danas and turned off the engine. She knew it was stupid to be so upset over a girl who she'd never even had the pleasure of dating, but somehow, she was. She got out and went inside. Thank god no one was in sight. She loved her family, but sometimes she just wanted to be alone and now was one of those times.

She walked up the stairs and shut her door. It was weird being home at this time. Even on school nights she would hang out with her friends after school. She grabbed her laptop and logged onto her Facebook account.

She clicked around for a few minutes before slowly typing into the search box "Sydney Harper." She felt like a fucking stalker. But then there she was. Her default was a picture of her in a dark black shirt with her curly brown hair falling down her back. She was beautiful. Raven clicked around on her pictures and found an album of her and Brad. She felt a surge of jelously going through her as she looked at the pictures of them. It looked like they had so many memories together. There were pictures from prom, homecoming, them just sitting around the house, dates, and what even looked like vacation pictures. She exited off and clicked on the box to update her status. "Love Fucking Sucks" She wrote. It was something a typical teenager would say, but she wasn't your typical teenager so she felt stupid writing it. She sighed and shut off her laptop completely.

She went downstairs and talked to Dana and Jordan for a few minutes before going back up to her room, putting on her shoes, and heading out the front door.

Minutes later she arrived at Emily's house. Usually she would have gone to Sarah, but Emily had been at the party. She had seen her and Sydney together. She picked up her phone and dialed her number. "Hey" Emily answered. She always answered like that, no matter who called her. "I'm outside your house, wanna go somewhere?" She asked her. Emily said yes and came out the front door a few seconds later. Raven started the car and drove them to Starbucks where she hoped no one she knew was. They ordered their drinks, a caramel frappe for Raven, and a vanilla latte for Emily. They grabbed booths in the back and sat down. Neither of them spoke for a moment.

Emily started "What's going on Raven? You've been weird ever since I saw you in Latin."

Raven told her everything. Every little detail about what had happened between her and Sydney. Once she was finished, Emily just stared at her in complete shock. "Her and Brad have been together for what, two years?" She asked. Raven nodded. "It's like she doesn't even care or remember. I know she was drunk, but when she was laying in my arms it was more than that. At least it was to me. I felt like we could just stay like that forever. I know you can't miss what you never had, but I miss what we had for that one night."

Emily grabbed her hand and looked at her. "Do you know what you need to do then?" She asked her. Raven shook her head. "Talk to her"

"How am I supposed to do that?" She couldn't talk to her. Sydney would probably look at her like she was crazy, or tell her to get away.

"When you feel like the time is right, call her. Go up to her. Text her. Do something to make contact."

They left the coffee shop an hour later and she dropped Emily off. Emily kissed her cheek when she got out and Raven knew it meant something more to her. She would never admit it to Raven though. The next two weeks passed very slow. She tried to forget about Sydney. She hung out with Sarah and the rest of her friends every night after school and partied every weekend. She should have been happy, but something was missing and she knew what it was.

It was 4th period Government and they were being assigned partners for a project they were doing. Raven, like usual, was sleeping. When a class sucked as bad as this one did, sleeping was absolutely neccesary. She felt a tap on her shoulder and looked up to see her standing there along with another guy named Daniel. "We're partners" She told her and Raven nodded. Great. Just fucking great. Maybe she could get a switch. But no, that'd be childish. Sydney and Daniel sat down and began discussing the presentation they had been assigned to. Raven just listened and nodded to everything they said. When class was over, Daniel suggested that they all exchange phone numbers. "I already have yours" Sydney told her. Raven tried to look bored. "I have yours too" She replied. The bell rang and she went to her next classes and slept. When school was over she went home and slept some more. She woke up to a text from Sydney at 6:00. "We're going to my house to work on the project if you want to come." It read. Raven typed back and asked for directions. She was surprised to find that Sydney lived a couple blocks away. She rang the doorbell and was let in by a maid who took her to Sydney's room.

"Hey!" She was greeted by Sydney

"Hey guys" She said back then sat across the room from both of them.

Sydney looked uncomfortable. "Um, should we get started?"

They worked on the project until 10 and then Daniel said he had to be home. Raven stood to go, but Sydney told her to stay. Raven could hardly breathe, she didn't think she could handle being alone with her. Daniel's headlights disappeared down the street before Sydney spoke. "Why are you acting so weird?"

Raven was surprised that she even noticed. "I'm not acting weird, I'm just tired and I need to go over to Sarah's before I go home."

Sydney looked at her. "This is because of the party, isn't it?"

Raven looked up in shock before sitting down on the bed next to her. "You remember." It was more of a statement rather than a question.

"Of course I remember Raven"
♠ ♠ ♠
does it suck guys? ;/

i have a million comments for my other story, Somebody Save Me From This Thing I Call My LIfe, but like none for this one.