It Was Fate

Fate

It wasn't the perfect day. The sun wasn't out, the sky was gray and it was cold. But that didn't stop the grade 9 science class from going to the zoo.They crossed their fingers and hoped that the weather would brighten up, just a little bit, when they went. And it sort of did. The rain stopped pouring, and the wind settled down. They were waiting inside for our bus to take them there.

"Jane! Look here!" Jennifer said, before taking a picture of a confused looking Jane. She just turned back stuck out her tongue at her best friend before turning to her friend Franny who declared in a whisper, "I hope there are hot guys there."

Jane laughed at her and patted her shoulder. She didn't really get how one person can be obsessed over a guy. Maybe it was the fact that they went to an all girl's school which made it difficult. Then again, there was an all guy's school the next block over.

"Everyone get in the bus," Her science teacher had said. She grabbed Jennifer's sweater and pulled her along, wanting to be able to sit in the very back seat. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to, because a few other people sat where she wanted to sit, and she and Jennifer settled on the next available seat.

"Taptap please," Jane said, poking Jennifer by the side. Jennifer rolled her eyes and brought out her iPhone and selecting the song that Jane wanted to play. If I Had You by Adam Lambert started playing and Jane was making these funny noises, almost doing a parody of Adam's song. They did that for the entire bus trip to the zoo.

* * *

After getting off the bus, Jane took in a deep breath while her friends took out their umbrellas. That was a smart thing to bring She thought. She put on her hat, and went under Jennifer's umbrella just then, Eliza came out of nowhere.

"Oh hi Jennifer!" She said. Jane rolled her eyes at her before turning back and tuning out of her conversation. Even though she tried to ignore her, she couldn't. Eliza had this annoyingly high-pitched voice that made everyone dislike her.

"Can you shut the fuck up and leave?" Jane turned around annoyed.

"Sorry!" Eliza said, drawing out the 'r'.

"Just don't. She won't accept your apology." Jennifer tried hard not to laugh.

"Wow. What a bitch." Eliza thought she muttered.

"Excuse me? Call me a bitch one more time and see what happens to your face you asshole." Jane retorted all up in Eliza's face. This time, Eliza backed off and moved to another group instead. Inwardly, Jane rejoiced with happiness and shook her head. That girl really got on her nerves.

"OH MY GOD. GUYS!" Yvone said in a whisper. She was oggling at the amount of guys that came to the zoo. Jane rolled her eyes at her and said, "You would."

While Yvone was still looking at the guys, Jane pulled her along, because it was time to go into the zoo. They had already planned where to go first, and what route they were going to take. They were absolutely sure they wouldn't get lost.

Jane had always been facinated with animals, ever since she was a child. She loved them. She had a pet dog at home, and wanted to swim with sharks when she got the chance. She was a risk-taker and she loved adventures.

All the guys that were going inside didn't really capture Jane's attention, or anyone's attention for that matter. She was too busy being facinated by animals of all kinds. From the frogs, to the birds to the lizards. She loved them all, and you could tell from the way she looked at them with her eyes.

Jane and Franny had been singing, "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas! Only a hippopotamus will do! No crocodiles, no rhinoceroses! I only like hippopotamuses
and hippopotamuses like me too!" and ran towards what Yvone referred to as her mom.

The girls were having a blast; they were laughing until their stomach hurt. When they came upon the elephants, there were three small elephant statues and Jane, Yvone, and Franny wanted to pose and take a picture. Since a couple of people were there, they waited their turns. Jennifer took several pictures of Yvone and Franny.

But when it came to Jane's turn to take a picture, she was looking at the real elephant and didn't notice Jennifer talking to somebody. Then she heard it, "Hey! Can I join the picture?"

Franny looked the the guy and widened her eyes. Before long, she was laughing, and had everyone laughing with her, including Jane. Then the guy hurried Jennifer up and said, "Hurry! Take the picture!" and so, Jennifer did.

After standing up, and declaring, "My pants are wet!" to the entire world, Jane led their tiny group to another section of the zoo. That's when something caught her off guard.

"Hey, my name's Ryan," he said with a small smile.

Barely glancing back, Jane replied, "Oh hi Ryan. I'm Jane. This is Jennifer, Franny, and Yvone. By the way, Yvone thinks you're cute."

Just when she said that, she yelled, "OH SHIT!" and ran away laughing. Being on the track team, it was difficult to catch her and so her friends just let run free, like a cheetah running after its prey.

Yvone turned back to Ryan blushing and said, "Sorry about that. She's just ... being Jane."

Ryan laughed, it was a deep, cute laugh and said, "It's alright. She's quirky. I like it."

After a few moments, Jane came running back up to her group, laughing and smiling. She just couldn't help it. When she took a step towards Yvone, she was suddenly locked in a headlock and couldn't get out. Although she was laughing, she wasn't laughing about the fact that her hair was getting ruined.

Jane took off her hat and flipped her hair, she didn't notice the pair of eyes looking at her. They didn't see Ryan for the entire day after that, as what Jane's friends call an epic moment. Jane didn't look too bothered by it, but inside, she regret brushing him off.

* * *

It's been 3 weeks since the day at the zoo and Jane still can't help but wonder what could have happened between Ryan and herself. Just for fun's sake, she took the picture and made it her display picture and changed her relationship status to in a relationship.

She was talking to her friends on their way to the cafeteria what all of a sudden Yvone stopped dead in her tracks and went a different way. Jane and Franny hurried after their friend. They found Yvone in front of a table, talking to some guys. She couldn't see who it was and just rolled her eyes at her friend.

"Jane? Are you coming to the Brebeuf dance?" Yvone asked, without turning back.

Jane rolled her eyes again and said, "No. Didn't I tell you that already?" And when she started walking towards Yvone, a familiar face stood out at her. She turned her head with wide eyes, Ryan looked back at her with a smile on his face.

"Hey," He had said.

"Uh..hi. You go to Brebeuf?" Jane asked, still shocked with these turn of events.

"Yeah. Weird eh?" He replied and he noticed the bracelet on Jane's wrist that had Getzlaf♥

"You watch hockey?" He asked surprised. Jane narrowed her eyes at him before replying, "Yeah I watch hockey. Is that a problem?"

"No! No it's not. I just...haven't met a girl who likes hockey, much less has a favourite team." He explained.

"Well, I have to go. I have lunch and I'm hungry as fuck," Jane backed away. Ryan stood up from the chair he was sitting in and while Jane's friend's watched, he took her arm and said, "Wait. You want to talk some time, like not in school?"

Jane stood there speechless. If she went out with a boy, it would be a distraction for her. She wanted to do well in highschool. It's her first year. She didn't want to fail, "Yeah. Do you have a phone?"

While both of them were exchanging phone numbers, Yvone and Franny were giggling like there was no tomorrow. Jane turned backed and went inside the lunch room while Franny went up to Ryan and said, "You hurt her, I cut your balls off." and walked away. Yvone just laughed and looked at the appalled looking Ryan, "She means it too."

* * *

Since Jane actually had a date to the Brebeuf dance, she went along with her friends. She wasn't really comfortable in dances but, she was trying to have fun.

The dance wasn't what everyone expected it to be. It was loud, it was fun and it was everything a party should be.

"This song is dedicated to Jane from Ryan. Jane, this one's for you."

Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars started playing. Jane looked around for Ryan, wondering where he was. A pair of arms wraped around her waist and she turned back and smiled.

"You know, I think I might have fallen in love with you," Ryan whispered.

"You know what? I think I have too. I love you," Jane whispered back.

Ryan dipped her and kissed her in front of everybody. It was the perfect night. Fate brought them here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!