Status: Oneshot. Completed. :]

Love Punches

unus.

Kyle admires John.

That's all there is to it.

Well, except for the fact that Kyle doesn't cuss like John. Sleep around like John. Talk like John. Heck, he doesn't even touch a cancer stick. John smokes probably once a week. Kyle doesn't even touch breathe when a cigarette is lit in his presence.

But Kyle follows John around like a lapdog. When John whistles, Kyle comes running.

"Hi John!"

John looks up from the homework that he's furiously copying from Jared's notebook. He stops for a moment and takes in Kyle's eccentric appearance. A white Norma Jean shirt with some fucked up monster, a bright purple, neon jacket, blue plaid shorts, bright red shoes, and a turquoise flat brim. He looks ridiculous and doesn't even match. John feels almost blinded for a second before looking back down at his notebook.

"Oh... Hi Kyle." he mumbles, blinking rapidly and trying to regain his sight once again. When his sight comes back, he continues to scribble down messy homework.

Kyle plops down on the bench next to John and watches the tall boy with sick fascination in his eyes. John can feel Kyle's eyes boring into his head, and if he keeps staring, John fears that a hole is going to drill right through.

After a moment, John looks up. "Can I help you with something? John asks, agitation echoing throughout his voice.

Kyle shrugs nonchalantly. "Nah, not really."

"Then can I ask why do you keep staring at me?"

Kyle shrugs again. "I dunno. Cause you're an interesting person?"

"Right..."

"Well you are. Like I mea-"

"Kyle, shut up."

"-n look at yourself. Clothes-"

"Please shut up."

"and when you tal-"

"Kyle, seriously man, shut the fuck up."

Kyle shuts his mouth. He doesn't know what to do. Instead, he clasps his hands together onto his lap and jiggles his legs up and down in boredom. Finally after about thirty seconds, Kyle stands up. His long, lanky legs catch the side of John's binder, flipping beautifully in the air, knocks the chocolate milk Caleb was drinking to the table, and falls into the puddle of chocolaty-liquid and splashes onto the notebook John is writing it, quickly seeping into the papers.

John freezes, his eyes bulging, teeth gritted, the vein on the side of his forehead pulsating. He grips his pencil so hard it snaps in half.

Kyle's eyes widen, and he smiles sheepishly at John.

"Uh, oops. God, I'm really freaking sorry Jo-"

The last thing Kyle sees is a fist flying at his face.

~

When Kyle wakes up, the first thought is obviously,

Am I dead?

Because he finds it humorous that everyone thinks that when they wake up from something that definitely isn't sleep.

The next thing he thinks of is,

Golly. I hope John's not that mad at me.

And then he thinks,

How did I get here? Where am I? What happened?

Then he blinks, and sees the fat nurse from the front clinic of the school office is turned around, getting something out of her desk. Kyle sighs in disappointment. He's always wondered what the inside of a hospital looked like. Then he sighs even louder, he's always wanted an out-of-body experience.

Then he turns his head and sees a familiar boy playing with his phone beside him, iPod in his ears.

Kyle moves and tugs on of the the ear buds, plucking it from John's ear.

"He-... You're awake!" John yells. The nurse swivels around. "Thank fuck. I'd get expelled if I killed you."

"Watch your language John." The nurse scolds sternly before getting up from her chair and waddling over. She wraps a towel around an ice-pack and slaps it on Kyle's face. Kyle yelps in surprise and pain and she grabs John up. "You're going to have a nasty bruise for the next couple days. As for you, go see the principal. He wants to see you."

Kyle swings himself up and wobbles a little. "Can I go with?"

"Lay down."

"Let me go!" whines Kyle. She rolls her eyes.

"Are you okay with that John?"

"What? Yeah, whatever." he mumbles, grabbing Kyle's arm and tugging him to the principle's office. He knocks quietly on the door, and hears the principal grunt in reply. They both walk in.

"Have a seat. Oh Kyle, looks like you're up. Good. Uh, why are you here anyways?"

"To make sure John gets a punishment that's fair." The principal nods, raises his eyebrows.

"Alright John. Let's see here... It says that I technically should suspend you from school for two months, but since this is your first fight, I'll only do it for a week. A week's suspens-"

"SUSPENDED!? I NEVER GET SUSPENDED." John yells, arms flailing.

"Calm down Mr. O'Callaghan. It's only for a week."

"My mom's going to kill me. Oh God..." he groans. Kyle frowns.

"Do I get any say in this?" Kyle asks.

"No Mr. Burns. You shouldn't be here either, but you are. So be quiet."

"But it's technically my fault. John was working on stuff, and I split crap all over it. So I'm technically the one to blame."

"Mr. Burns, please, be quiet."

"But I'm serious! It's m-"

"MR. BURNS. I will write you up for insubordination if you don't shut your mouth." Mr. Liddell yells. His face is red and he looks so incredibly pissed off. Kyle shuts his mouth.

"I'm sorry." he squeaks, looking down at his lap.

"Now you both get out of here and wait for your parents to get here."

They both scurry out, and sit on the bench outside of the office. They both are silent for the time being, before Kyle looks up.

"I-I'm sorry John." Kyle mumbles.

John runs a hand through his hair and sighs. "It's alright Kyle. You didn't mean it... Sorry I fucked your face up." he laughs softly. Kyle gives him a toothy grin, happy that John is still talking to him. "But at least now I get a break for a week. And it's all excused. But... I dunno what I'mma do all day with everyone in school." he frowns, picking at a fingernail.

Kyle thinks about it.

"Can I punch you?"

"What!?" John sputters, staring at Kyle.

"Yeah, can I punch you? That way we'll both be suspended, and then you can hang out with me for a week!"

John snorts. "Oh whatever Kyle. Why would I want that?" he asks, an amused smiles playing on his lips.

Kyle frowns, "Umm... Cause... Uh..." he blushes and fidgets.

John thinks it's kind of cute, and moves and takes Kyle's hand. A blush spreads onto Kyle's face. "You're cute. Do you know that? Even with a black eye." he chuckles, leaning over and kissing Kyle's cheek.

"Ngh... I-I, uh... ghhh..."

John laughs and stands up. "Come on. Stand up." Kyle blushes and nervously stands up. "Now hit me. Right here." he says, pointing to his eye. He notices Kyle's hesitation. "Hurry up! Before they come back. Kyle, if you don't, I'll hit myself and blame you." he grins. He gives Kyle that same sweet smile, and Kyle's arm twitches and slams a fist into John's pretty face.

John curses and stumbles backwards, clutching his face.

"Kyle William Burns!" Kyle's mother's sharp voice rings out from behind him. He glances backwards and smiles sheepishly at his mother and step-father.

"Uh... hey guys."

Mr. Liddell is standing in the doorway to his office. He's red-faced and looks like he's about to kill someone. Then he motions for Kyle's parents and John's parents to come in, when they get in, he slams the door shut.

Kyle rushes over to John. "A-are you okay?" he gasps. John groans and then stands up straight.

"Damn Kyle, didn't think you had it in you." he laughs, still holding his eye. He gives Kyle his crooked smile that Kyle's come to love so much before he laces their fingers together. Kyle looks down at their interlocked hands before looking back up at John.

John grins and leans over, pressing a quick kiss to Kyle's lips, then tugs him.

"Let's get the hell out of here."

Kyle giggles and John smirks, before running out of the double-doors of the front office, Kyle's hand in his.

John thinks that maybe he should punch Kyle more often. But of course, only if Kyle punches him back. He likes to think of them as, "love punches".
♠ ♠ ♠
:]
So, since Kat was taking a long time to update,
(Cause she was gone. :])
I decided to make a little something. Yeah.
For you brats. :]

So I got bored, and everything looks warped on my mum's notebook, but I made outfits for the two. xD
John's Outfit
Kyle's Outfit

xo,
Kristen