Status: Active - Submit Your Rants!

Rantz

Empty Splenda Packets

So there's this one thing my mom does that pisses me off. It's kind of ridiculously stupid, but I'm a total neat freak after losing weight (I don't know how those two things are associated, but I guess they are; at least with me haha).

We use Splenda in our tea, because it's sweeter than real sugar and having a sweet tooth runs in the family. Not only are we dominantly Italian but my great grandmother, grandmother and myself are phenomenal bakers (my mom is too, but she rarely bakes; she hates cooking/baking), just to put into view what I mean when I say we have a sweet tooth; really, we do.

When we make tea at home, or even at Starbucks where you put in your own stuff, my mom will leave the empty Splenda packets on the counter and it annoys the hell out of me. I don't know what about it annoys me more:

1. that it legitimately takes 3 steps from the microwave to the trash can; or
2. that she always bitches to me about how I make such a huge mess when, in reality, I clean up pretty damn well after myself.

So I was joking around today. I said, "okay! Let's make a little habit! Let's throw away the Splenda packets when we're done with them!" in an obviously joking manner and tone, very light and nothing serious.

My mom lost her shit.

She goes on a tangent about how she busts her ass all day (she has a home office and she owns her own business with tangible hours) and how she took one second to relax (really, she leaves them on the counter all the time and it bugs the shit out of me).

Yeah, and I don't bust my ass all day? I had school from 7:30-4pm thanks to rehearsal. I had the chatterbox kid who only talks about fucking Star Trek talking to me all during study (like he always does and makes me want to put a bullet in my brain because he legitimately will talk for the entire 90 minutes of the period). Biology we had to do test corrections, but at least we made balloons - but the popping only heightened the intense headache I've had from both my retainer and sleeping like an insomniac last night (I probably only got 2 hours; headache from retainer, I couldn't get comfortable). TV Production I got to relax but of course I wasn't really relaxed since my head was pounding, and then in History I actually had to think a lot thanks to a competition. Oh, not to mention that I had to teach our director the choreography that she taught us during rehearsal and I pretty much was in charge of teaching everybody because the director didn't know it and I do. My costume isn't done - I need to go to the dollar store to get stuff for my hat, as well as fabric of sorts for it to cover it - but my mom won't let me go out to get the stuff I need so I can finish it tonight so it's done by tomorrow, which is when it's due. Plus I have two rehearsals tomorrow, auditions for the next play coming up next Tuesday, the musical in 10 days - which no one is ready for - and homework and essays on top of that. And she dares to talk to me like I don't do anything all day?

Go fuck yourself and throw away your damn Splenda packets.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay i can breathe now