Status: Active - Submit Your Rants!

Rantz

Relatives vs Family

Ever since moving to Florida from Rhode Island, my great-aunt (my grandmother's sister) has been giving my whole family a ton of shit for it. You wouldn't even believe how much shit she's giving us, I'm surprised there haven't been any death threats thrown around by her yet. To let you understand how much of a psycho bitch this woman is, she forced her own daughter to pay her back for her braces when she got older. Just for starters. On top of it, once her husband Steve (who deserved so much more than the piece of shit she is) died of cancer, she didn't even have a grieving widow period considering she slept around with two different guys. Not one, but two.

Anyways. One of those guys, the nicer one that she still kinda talks to, has a house in Florida and has offered her for years (I was about 8 when Uncle Steve died, and I'm a few months shy of 17 now, so it's been a while) to come with him to Florida since he's one of the many snowbirds in the state (for those of you who are unfamiliar with the term, snowbirds are the people - especially elderly, but can be any age - that live up North/New England/etc but come down to the south in the winter to avoid the cold and snowy weather), but my great-aunt has a weird phobia of being too far away from home and out of her comfort zone and just flying in general - the only time she left the state of RI was to get Steve out of the army in Oklahoma or something like that, and she's so much of a psycho bitch that it worked - and so she's never gone even though she claims she wants to. She's also the type that always has to one-up you - for example, she'll give you $100 but she has to have $1000, etc - and so she's pretttty pissed that we're in Florida, the place she's always wanted to go.

The things she has said to my mother are horrendous. I can't take it anymore. She even got my grandmother and cousin (her daughter) in on the torture. It's stressing my mom out and every day there's nonstop fighting between my grandmother and mother and at the same time, my mother is trying to bring her down here. Doesn't she realize that it'll just make things worse? And that all my grandmother will do while she's here is bitch about her sister?

I can't take this anymore. They think they're family, but they're not. Family doesn't do that. Family supports you and loves you and doesn't give you endless amounts of psychotic bullshit.