Status: ;D Lets take this one day at a time, shall we? xovictoria

Emery

Emery has always known she was different. Her mother was one too, but she was gone by the time Em was seven. Her mom was a full-blood, and unlike her, Emery is only half fire demon. Even though she was so young, she remembers when her mother finally lost it.

After a few minutes her mother's gibberish faded, she started to speak clearly and very
softly.

"You know," her mother said, "I don't know what I was thinking. You'll never be normal." she paused and turned her head, looking her daughter in the eyes. "I love you, Em." her voice got ruff, "You'll be a test rat, eventually murdered, or a runaway that will never feel safe and have to let herself out, I'm sorry."

Emery would never forget her mothers last words before she took the knife in her hands and put it to her neck, something Emery wouldn't ever unsee. She thought all sanity was lost during those words, unaware of how true the words that had left her mother's mouth last were.

Nine years later she still had nightmares of that dreadful day. Those last words would haunt her until she herself had already spoken her own.. she thought. And here is she, back in her hometown. The town she had lived in until she was seven. The town were she had some of the worst, and the best, memories. She had so much anticipation and dread that she had just gone numb, and the cold isn't helping. This is where she was supposed to be but it wasn't right. She knew something was coming, for her, but not to leave. This was the answer she'd waited her whole life for. She knew, somewhere, somehow, she wasn't alone in the fire.