Reunited

Her

A knock at the door caused her to look up from her computer.

"Come in," she said, pressing the printer symbol on her document.

"Ms. Cheauseur, you have a visitor," her receptionist said.

"Show them in."

The receptionist closed the door, which was opened moments later. She looked up from the papers she had taken from the printer. A tall man with short blonde hair and stunning blue eyes stood in the doorway smiling.

"Hey." She returned his smile. "Let me finish this and then we can go."

"I can do that." He took a seat in one of the chairs that sat across the desk from hers. "How's work?"

"Long, boring, uneventful. You choose." Paper clipping some final documents, she put them in her filing cabinet. She stood from her chair and grabbed her purse. "I can't wait to get out of these heels."

"Some how, that doesn't surprise me." The man followed her out of her office and down the hall to the elevator. "Do you work this weekend?"

"I hope not. Why? What's happening this weekend?" She looked at her companion suspiciously.

"We are going on a road trip," he shrugged. "I thought you might want to come watch us."

"Where are you playing?"

"Philadelphia."

"I suppose I could drive down for the weekend," she decided. "Unless something comes up at work."

"Of course."

The elevator opened on the main floor, allowing the pair to leave. They silently made their way out of the building and to a black SUV that was parked in her designated parking space.

"You know you don't have to pick me up after work," she said, turning to him.

They got into the vehicle and buckled their seat belts before he backed out of the lot and started down the main road.

"I know." He nodded. "I just feel safer if you don't walk. Besides, we live in the same apartment block and your office is on my way home from the rink. Truthfully, I don't mind having company on the drive home."

"The boys are going to start getting suspicious," she told him. "I know that Tyler is. He's actually a little jealous."

"Tyler is jealous?" He glanced at her with a raised eyebrow. "Why?"

"I have no idea, but I can tell he's jealous." She shrugged and looked out at the rush hour traffic.

"I thought you said there was nothing going on between you and the guys."

"There is nothing going on with them," she assured him. "Remember Zach? He's my boyfriend. You know me well enough to know that I wouldn't do something that might ruin our relationship."

"I know, I know." He focused on the road before speaking again. "It's just that some of the guys can get a little, well, you know."

"Yeah, I hear you." She went back to watching the traffic beside her.

Her thoughts traveled back to the conference she attended weeks ago. He hadn't recognized her, at least not completely. She got the feeling that he thought she looked familiar, but knew that she had changed a lot since they had last seen each other.

"I saw him."

"Excuse me?" Her voice had startled the blonde in the driver's seat.

"I saw him, Jordan," she repeated, looking over at her friend.

"Who?" Jordan asked, confusion was written on his face.

"Remember how I had to go to that conference a few weeks ago?"

"Sure, you missed one of our games," Jordan recalled. "You went to Edmonton for the weekend to learn about something totally boring."

"Thanks," she muttered, rolling her eyes. "Do you remember who I said lived in Edmonton?"

"Yeah, of course," Jordan replied. "Some guy that you used to go to high school with. An old friend of yours, right?"

"That would be the one." She watch Jordan as he tried to tie the conversation together.

"So, let me get this straight. You have an old friend that lives in Edmonton. You haven't seen him in years and the one time you go up north, there his is?"

"Well, sort of," she said, looking down at her purse. She started to fiddle with the zipper.

"Please tell me you didn't try to find him." Jordan looked at the red head next to him. "I really hope you didn't stalk him or anything."

"Are you crazy?" She asked. "I went to a club the last night I was there and happened to bump into him. We talked a little, but he didn't recognize me."

"What are you not telling me?" Jordan raised an eyebrow at her.

"Nothing!"

"Simone." Jordan's voice was stern.

"Fine," she sighed. "We talked. He asked for my number, I gave it to him. Then I went and lit a cigarette."

"You don't smoke," Jordan said.

"I stole Zach's," Simone shrugged. "I really wish he would stop."

"You stole Zach's cigarettes before going to Edmonton and smoked one?" Jordan asked, trying to clarify.

"I never smoked it," she replied, shaking her head. "I would never smoke it. I just lit it and then put it out."

"Is that all that happened?"

"That's it, I swear."

"Have you told Zach?"

"Why would I tell Zach?"

"He's your boyfriend. You've been dating for three years."

"So? It's not like it affects him in any way."

"If you say so," Jordan sighed. He turned up the radio, signaling that all conversation was cut off for the rest of the ride.