Reunited

Her

"Zach!" Simone called when she walked through the door Friday afternoon.

"In the kitchen, Sim."

"I'm driving down to Philly this weekend," she said, sitting herself on top of the counter.

"How come?" Zach asked, turning to his girlfriend. "Do you have another conference?"

Simone shook her head, causing her curly red hair to bounce. "No, not another conference. It's too soon for one of those."

"Good," Zach said, turning back to the stove. "I don't know what happened at your last one, but you were acting different when you got home."

"I doubt that," Simone mumbled. "Anyway, I'm going to go watch the guys play the Flyers. Do you want to come along?"

"As much as I would love to drive all the way down to Philadelphia to watch a hockey game, I have work to do. The boss wants me to come up with some ideas for a new skyscraper."

"Oh, lucky boy!" Simone smiled. She was happy that her boyfriend was being acknowledged for his hard work. "Are you going to get promoted soon?"

"Not that I know of," Zach said. "What about you? Are you ever going to get promoted?"

"There is nothing I can get promoted too," Simone reminded him. "Especially at my level. I just started three months ago."

"Three months and you're already being sent to conferences in another country."

"I'm an international representative. I have a degree in International Business and a certificate in Public Relations, you know that." Simone hopped off the counter and pulled open the fridge.

"I'm cooking supper," Zach stated.

"I'm just getting a glass of milk." Simone rolled her eyes and poured herself a glass of milk.

"How can you drink that stuff?" Zach asked, checking whatever was in the oven.

"It tastes good, plus it's healthy for you."

"Since when did you care about healthy?"

"I've always cared." Simone looked at Zach in disbelief.

"Whatever you say," Zach said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Call me when supper is done," Simone said, shaking her head. "I have to go make some phone calls."

"Do what you wish."

Simone rolled her eyes and headed to their bedroom. Pulling out her phone, she dialed the number that was all too familiar.

"Hello," a female voice sang through the ear piece.

"Uh, hi, is Max around?" Simone asked.

"Absolutely, hold on I'll grab him."

Simone heard some giggling in the background, causing her to smile and shake her head.

"Hello?" This time it was a male voice that was heard.

"Maxime, hey, it's Simone."

"Ah, oui, Simone. Ça va?"

"Oui, et toi?"

"Très bien, merci!"

"Do you have time to talk?" Simone didn't want to interrupt anything that Max had going on.

"Sure, anything for you, ma belle. What seems to be troubling you?"

"Apparently a whole lot more than what is troubling you, monsieur Talbot."

"You promised you wouldn't judge me," Max told her.

"I'm not," she sighed.

"What is bothering you?"

"I will tell you."

"But not right now?" Max asked.

"Can we meet up for coffee later tonight?"

"You mean, après le souper avec le petit amis."

"Let's meet at the coffee shop around eight," Simone suggested, ignoring Max's comment.

"I'll be there," Max agreed.

"Merci beaucoup, Maxime."

"De rien, Simone."

She hung up her phone just as Zach walked into the room announcing that supper was finished.
♠ ♠ ♠
oui - yes
ça va? - things are going well?
et toi? - and you?
très bien, merci - very well, thank-you
ma belle - my beautiful
monsieur - Mr
après le souper avec le petit amis - after supper with the boyfriend
merci beaucoup - thank-you very much
de rien - you're welcome