Sequel: Captain Diapers
Status: FIN! But read its sequel!

Caught In The Middle

Chapter 17

I look at the bag that I’ve packed, only to see Candace walking in. I’m still shocked to see her after what I’ve witnessed this morning. I don’t know why I can’t get her and Jonathan out of my mind.

“What are you doing?” She asked as she walked in.

“Ready to leave. TJ and I are going back to Grand Forks to make some time before he goes back to St. Louis.”

“So you did tell him.”

“Couldn’t be happier, Candace.” I look at her with a mischievous eye as I wonder what’s she’s going to do. “So what are your plans?”

“Going to my would-have-been honeymoon in Paris. My flight leaves from Sault Ste. Marie later this afternoon and then has a connecting flight from Detroit. Don’t worry; I’m going to be fine.”

“Did anything while I was gone last night?”

“Hmmmm nothing. Just having a great time.” I knew she was lying based on her smirk but I wasn’t going to press that anymore. We gave each other a hug, knowing it will be a while before I see her again. “Take care, Mally.”

“You too, Candy. Just don’t do anything I would do.” I giggled as I let her go and grabbed my bag.

I walked out of the cottage and see TJ was waiting for me with a smile on his face as he grabbed my bag and headed the stairs. I couldn’t wait to go home and spend time with TJ. We have every intention to make those few weeks count.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It’s been 6 weeks since the canceled wedding and everything have been falling into place. Phoebe and Lance gave birth to a girl Bryanne Jane shortly after everyone left the island. They also made sure to get tickets for any Wild vs. Hawks game until Bry’s 18.

Justine and Jose broke up after Justine told him about having sex with a hockey player in the past. Didn’t expect that to happen at all, especially since that happened in the past. Guess he can’t handle her being with a hockey player before him.

Skylar applied to Minnesota, while beginning to enjoy her Senior year. She also began dating a guy who happened to have a crush on her since Freshman year.

Dad went back to church and continue to be youth pastor. He visits Mommy’s grave once a week to give updates on us but he’s more at peace now than this time a year ago. Plus up until this week, we have our weekly dinner outside the house.

Jonathan went back to Winnipeg and eventually back to Chicago to prepare for the new hockey season. Now that things have cleared up between us, we’re now better friends. He does ask me to visit Chicago whenever TJ plays the Hawks in town so we can have our late night drinks and catch up.

Candace had a great time in Paris and went back to Grand Forks. She decided to take the semester off to relax but isn’t sure what she’ll do between now and then. She said she haven’t spoken to Brayden since she dumped him at the altar. She also said that she found out after she came back that Brayden have been cheating on her for the past 6 months with several of women around campus and in Michigan. Boy, were we glad she didn’t go through that wedding.

I never asked her about what I saw at the hotel room but I’m sure she thought of it as a onetime thing. However, I noticed a sudden change in her. I don’t know what that could be.

As for TJ and I, after we were back in Grand Forks, I decided to make that leap started to apply jobs in the St. Louis area. In the meantime, we spent every waking moment together between here and his hometown in Northern Minnesota before returning to St. Louis. A couple of weeks ago, I was offered a job as a social worker in the St. Louis area.

Here we are at his condo, getting used to the fact that we’re together at last. There were times before our visit to the island that we dreamed that we’ll be together like this. Now it’s a reality.

“Morning, Little Miss Snooze.” TJ kissed my nose as I woke up, getting ready for my first day at the job. “Ready for work, love?”

“Don’t you have training camp later this week?” I moaned as I climb on top of TJ. “You shouldn’t be up so early.”

“Maybe I want to give my beautiful girlfriend a nice little thought before her first day.” He leaned up to kiss me, morning breath be damned. He began to kiss my neck as he knows I love it when he does that, when I saw my phone was vibrating. “Don’t pick up the phone, babe. Just let it vibrate.”

“It could be something important.” At that moment, I felt something thick enter me and I was lost.
♠ ♠ ♠
And that's all she wrote... for now! All I can say is read its sequel "Captain Diapers" and enjoy!