Status: Complete!

Mist

Chapter 1- The Cliff Jumper

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, but I do own this plot and the main female lead.

Mist. An Uchiha Madara love story.

Chapter 1- The Cliff Jumper.

"Somebody stop her! Thief!" screamed the shrill voice of the shopkeeper a young woman was currently robbing.

People twisted around to stare at the tent where the screaming was coming from and the female narrowed her eyes and swore as she pulled out a smoke bomb.

Before anyone could even move a muscle to stop her, she threw the bomb at the ground roughly and thick, white smoke filled the area completely.

Screams and terrified gasps erupted from the crowd and the woman took that distraction to dash through the crowd and into the forest.

However, the smoke was like a double edged sword because it prevented the female ninja from seeing the ominous, Sharingan-filled eyes that followed her.

She didn't stop running for a long time and when she was sure that no one was following her, she stopped to catch her breath.

A few minutes ticked by and she realized that she should check out what she had managed to steal. She reached into her pocket and took out two diamond rings, a ruby necklace, and three emerald bracelets.

She didn't want to steal, but it had to be done. Food was a necessity and the money she would get from this would be enough to buy her a month's worth.

Putting the loot back in her pocket, she was about to leave the lush forest, but she stiffened when she felt the tiniest presence of chakra behind her.

No normal person had this little chakra, meaning whoever was hiding was doing so purposefully.

It was a ninja, just like her.

Her small form turned around in the direction of the chakra and said, "Come out, you're horrible at hiding your presence."

There was a bit of a rustle and all of a suddenly a ton of wind blew in her face, sending her long, silver haired ponytail flying.

When the wind subsided, the woman could see there was a man standing a few feet in front of her.

He had unruly, shoulder length black hair, a strong, somewhat slim build, but the most notable thing about him was his eyes. They were a blazing red and without having lived in Konoha for a long time the female ninja knew it was an Uchiha.

"Care to say that to my face?" was the reply to her earlier comment. She smirked before changing the subject by saying, "Who are you and why are you following me?"

The man squared his shoulders proudly and said, "Uchiha Madara, leader of the Uchiha Clan and commander of Konoha's police force. Your turn."

He sneered the last part and the woman narrowed her eyes dangerously at him before saying, "Call me Kasumi, but it looks like my luck has finally run out huh? You saw the loot so you're going to arrest me in a heart beat and I should just give myself up to save us both the hassle."

Now it was his turn to narrow his eyes and she smirked mischievously before adding, "Just kidding!"

Then she ran out of the area as fast as she could by gathering chakra into her feet and she knew Madara was going to catch up to her soon if she didn't do something to throw him off.

It had to be something good though, Kasumi was sure Madara had been in a ton of escape situations already and he knew every trick there was.

She racked her brain for any plan and she smirked when she got a good one. It was risky and somewhat insane, but if it worked she was home free.

The female ninja increased her pace and tried to tell all the butterflies in her stomach to stop trying to crawl up her throat.

A few hundred feet ahead was a large cliff, which had an even larger lake at the bottom of it.

Her plan was rather obvious; jump of cliff, climb out of water, and run like hell.

Yup, this was definitely insane, but it had to be better than sitting in prison surrounded by, shudder, criminals.

The edge of the cliff was already in sight and for a split second Kasumi wondered if maybe she was doing the wrong thing.

Yes, she was doing the wrong thing. She had to stop.

The female ninja stopped right at the edge of the cliff and she was about to give herself up when she felt something extremely hard slam into her back.

Thus sending her over the edge and off the cliff.

(1)-(2)-(3)-(4)-(5)-(6)-(7)-(8)-(9)

Madara looked down at the quickly nearing ground and cursed.

Why the hell had that stupid woman stopped right at the edge of the cliff!

If she hadn't they wouldn't be here, plummeting off a cliff and to a lake.

The Uchiha cast her a quick glance and he saw that she looked absolutely terrified. She wasn't screaming, but he guessed that it was because she was too busy flailing her hands in the air like a bird.

As if that was going to slow her down.

Madara sighed and reached over to grab her arm, falling off a cliff or not, he still had to capture her and bring her into jail.

The second he grabbed her arm, she glared at him, but then took a huge breath. For the next second, Madara wondered why she took a deep breath and cursed when he was breathless and underwater.

The force of hitting the water had separated them and the Uchiha urgently swam to the top of the lake to apprehend Kasumi.

She was already at the edge of the lake and she looked like she was about to go running to the forest like a drunk, featherless bird from the way she was still flapping her arms and swaying from side to side.

He sighed and ran over to stand behind her. Then, before she could accidentally smack him in the face with her arms he hit her in the back of the neck, thus successfully knocking her out.

Madara picked up her unconscious body and threw her over his shoulder roughly. He was in no mood to somehow get back to the top of that blasted cliff and then lock her in a jail cell.

It was at times like this he didn't want to be both a clan leader and police commander.

(1)-(2)-(3)-(4)-(5)-(6)-(7)-(8)-(9)

Kasumi opened her eyes slowly.

She had no idea what had happened over the past few hours. She furrowed her brow and tried to remember.

Cliff... Falling... Water... Uchiha Madara...

Her green eyes widened when all the events came back to her. She had robbed a jewellery store clerk, Uchiha Madara found her and somehow after that she was falling off a cliff and looking like a complete retard the whole time.

She got up off her small, uncomfortable bed, but then stopped when sudden pain ripped through her arm.

With growing alarm, she pulled her sleeve up to see what the problem was and scowled when she saw a big, nasty black bruise. Coincidentally, it was in the same place where Madara had grabbed her arm.

Why had he gripped her so hard, was he afraid she would fly away from him using her amazing arm flapping skills? Pfft.

Kasumi rolled her sleeve back down and glared at the bars around her. She was in prison.

As she continued to glare, a 'shocking' revelation struck her; she was a ninja and as a ninja she should be able to get out of some stupid jail cell.

Looking around the room through the bars, she saw she was the only one in jail. Good, yes, but it hurt her ninja pride that she was the only one unintelligent enough to be caught.

The female took a deep breath and gathered some chakra in her hand before grabbing the lock and attempting to break it.

Now as she stared incredulously at the small pile of ashes that used to a lock she clearly saw she had overdone it. Was she ever going to get used to the whole 'chakra control' thing?

Probably not any time soon.

She slowly opened the jail door and winced when it made a horrible creaking noise. For a full minute no one burst into the large grey door at the far end of the room and Kasumi let out a happy sigh of relief.

Then she tiptoed to the door, assuming it lead to freedom. Well, her assumption was correct because the second she opened it she was met by the sounds of life.

People were scurrying around in a hurry and no one in the busy street seemed to notice her. However, on closer inspection Kasumi tried not to swear when she saw every single person in the crowd had the characteristics of a typical Uchiha, but with thinner hair than Madara.

The only way to explain being around so many Uchiha's was quite simple; she was in the Uchiha clan base.

The female gulped and tried to think of what to do; if she walked out on the street she could easily be seen by Madara or some other law official, who would definitely ask her what she was doing here.

She took a second to glare at her silver hair, but then threw caution into the wind and walked into the sea of people. Her plan right now was to head in the direction of the large, and very hard to miss gate that led to her freedom and run into the forest.

Blood rushed through her veins as she approached the large, red gate and her foot was almost outside it when she heard the now rather familiar voice of Madara yell, "Where the hell do you think you're going!"

How had he found her so quickly!

Her brain instantly dissolved into mush and Kasumi had to let her instincts screech at her to run in order to get herself to move.

She shot out of the gates like a diabetic kid that ate too much sugar, but she did not stop to celebrate because she knew that Madara was getting closer and closer with every step he took.

The first time she met him, she had seen he was almost a full head taller than her so it was expected his strides were bigger.

This time, Kasumi had no idea where to run so she figured it was finally time to de-mushify her brain so she could think of a plan.

Her brain turned itself back on in order to find a way to escape the most deadly and dangerous man in the ninja world. Even though she was not from Fire Country she knew exactly who he was.

Everyone feared him and those who didn't were killed mercilessly by his hand, which made her wonder, why hadn't he killed her back at the cliff?

Reason decided to pipe into the conversation by helpfully stating that Madara had been training his entire life, while she was just a self taught ninja that knew a few tricks.

Kasumi internally glared at her brain and continued to run. This wasn't working out at all.

She concentrated hard again, there had to be a way out of this. However, she knew that she could not keep running forever and she could not fight because he could smite her with a mere glance with his Sharingan.

In a battle she knew that a ninja had two options; fight or flight. But as she realized she couldn't to either a horrible truth echoed in her mind.

She was going to get caught.

There was no escape, no secret tunnel, no sneaky trick... no hope.

Despair, fear, anxiety and sadness washed over Kasumi and because of that she didn't notice the tiny root sticking out of the ground.

She fell and just as she was going to try and stand up she saw Uchiha Madara walk forward to stand in front of her.

She was trapped.

To be continued...
♠ ♠ ♠
So what did you guys think of the first chapter? I hope it wasn't too short, thanks for reading!