Status: Complete!

Mist

Chapter 10- The Final Deal

Chapter 10- The final deal.

"Kasumi?"

She twitched, she had only been in the base for a few minutes and already she had been spotted.

The voice asked again, but this time more persistent, "Kasumi, is that you?"

Narrowing her eyes she retorted with another question, "Who wants to know?"

There was chuckling before the voice continued, "You're gone for five days and already you don't remember the sound of my voice, my possession."

She gasped when she saw Madara walk out of the gazebo and stare at her with a smirk.

Thinking fast, she pulled out the note, threw it at him and she was about to run like hell but he was suddenly standing in front of her, holding the note.

"What's this? Trying to run away and leave a strange note?" the Uchiha questioned, while putting the note in his pocket.

"Um... Madara...I have to go... now... so uh... why don't you just read the note and let me go?" she offered quietly.

He looked like he was considering it for a second, but then he said, "No, but tell me this: What are you doing here, alone?"

Crossing her arms she replied, "Read the note and you'll find out." He took the note out again, but this time he ripped it into shreds and said, "What note?"

She stared at him in shock before muttering, "As if I'm going to tell you now."

"You will, why else would you risk coming here and trying to give it to me?" he reasoned and she sighed when she realized he was right.

"Fine, I will tell you, but answer me this: Why is it that every single time I try to do something you're there? I turn around, you're there. I try to escape, you're there!" Kasumi huffed.

Madara seemed to think about it a bit before he answered, "I just get a feeling you're about to do something stupid and go out to investigate. I've been right every time haven't I? Now tell me why you're here."

She averted her gaze from his and began, "After the Mountain clan ninja took me, they climbed to the very top of a mountain and threw me off."

He looked down at her few still healing bruises that could be seen through her tattered shirt.

Continuing, she said, "Luckily, I survived and after five days of wandering I was reunited with my clan. They were banished by the elders because they tried to stand up for me. We're going to build a new village somewhere and I just wanted to tell you I wasn't dead before I left."

The beautiful garden was silent as Madara tried to comprehend everything that had been said. Finally, he narrowed his eyes and said, "So now you're off to go live in the forest? I will not allow it. You will stay with me until they build everything."

She scoffed, "What? You think I can't handle a few weeks of sleeping in a tent? It's much more comfortable than that stupid rug."

"No, but since half your clan thinks you're dead, that means I officially own you. Plus, you came back willingly," he said smugly.

Glaring, she said, "No you don't! It means I own myself and I only came here with the intention to leave again."

Madara chuckled. "Intentions don't matter; it's what you do that counts."

Tired of arguing, Kasumi muttered, "Whatever, I have to go now." Then she tried to walk around the Uchiha, but he grabbed her arms and wouldn't let go.

Neither of them said anything as they glared at each other. Of course, Madara's piercing glare was too much for her so she looked away and he smirked.

"You knew when you came here you wouldn't be leaving again, but you still came... isn't that right?" he whispered.

She didn't look at him as she replied, "I knew there were risks, but I knew I would find a way to get away."

"Really? How were you planning to escape?" he asked and there was a twinge of sarcasm laced into his voice.

Kasumi looked straight into his eyes and with a smirk she said, "Like this."

Suddenly she exploded in a puff of smoke and then she was gone.

Madara cursed. It had been a clone.

(1)-(2)-(3)-(4)-(5)-(6)-(7)-(8)-(9)

"Aunty Sumi! I'm back!" Kasumi yelled when she returned to camp.

No one returned her calls and she started getting a little worried. She decided to look around the tents for anyone, but she was shocked to see not a single person was around.

The camp was abandoned.

No, it couldn't be. Maybe the women had all gone hunting together. Or... Or... they had gone searching the forest for some reason... right?

Kasumi tried to calm herself down, but in the end got herself even more worked up.

What if they had been ambushed or attacked? But wouldn't there be signs of a struggle that way?

Not if it was ninja that attacked. They could have swooped in through the night and none of them could have seen it coming.

She sighed, she didn't like where her thoughts were going and she knew she had to stay positive.

A couple of worrisome hours ticked by and still there was not a single soul around.

Finally she decided to stop waiting and to begin looking. The next few hours were spent following any footprints she could find, but a disturbing trend was happening.

Every set of footprints she followed just ended up disappearing in thin air. Even if that person had been walking through the mud, not a single trace was found.

Now she was seriously worried. Something must have happened. But.. What?

Soon enough it was evening and Kasumi sat back in camp, she felt so helpless. She spent the night in Aunt Sumi's tent, but she didn't get much sleep.

In the morning she made up her mind that she would search for any clues that could lead to the location of the women. Surely there had to be something.

Kasumi stepped out of the tent to stretch, but then stopped when her heart skipped several beats.

Her chest hurt as she looked around the camp in horror. There was blood. Everywhere.

But not just splattered around, it was used to write a message.

'Women are not ninja.'

How had she not heard someone sneaking into the camp and doing this? But now she had a clue, only one set of people would do this.

The Mountain Clan.

She frowned and continued to look around the camp. The previous message was written over and over again in almost any space that could be found.

However, in the very middle of the camp was an envelope, which she approached cautiously.

After making sure it was safe to open the message, she gasped when she saw what the letter contained.

'Kasumi, traitor of the Mountain Clan, we have taken all of your precious women hostage back to our village. They are our property, but if you disagree with that... why don't you come save them?'

It was all written in blood and it made her want to drop it right then and there.

She couldn't believe this was happening. But something didn't seem right... the women had said they were banished, but if that was true, why would the men come back and take them?

However, none of that mattered right now. She had to save them, no matter what.

Kasumi paced back and forth around the camp and tried to figure out what she could do. She couldn't go alone because she would be useless, but that meant she needed help from someone else.

But who?

She sighed when she realized the only person she could ask for help would be the one that kept insisting she was his possession.

How ironic, she was going to try and save women from men that thought women were possessions with the help of a man who himself thought she was his property.

Taking a deep breath, she began heading for the Uchiha Clan base. Hopefully she would be able to persuade Madara into helping her.

The only thought that nagged her as she ran was... 'How?'

...

Kasumi walked into the Uchiha Clan base calmly.

It was still early evening and many people were walking around. Some of them gave her strange looks, but she ignored them.

She had a mission and she sure as hell had to complete it.

The gates to the mansion were open and the female ninja was able to simple walk through, instead of having to climb over the wall.

Knowing Madara would be busy right now, she went straight for the garden and sat down in the gazebo.

He would easily be able to sense her chakra and he would come when he was ready.

As she waited she tried to think of what she could offer in return for his help. Maybe she could offer him secret Mountain Clan jutsu scrolls, or money from the town's treasury, but she doubted he would want it.

"You came back again? My, my, you must really like my garden," Madara said from behind her, catching her off guard slightly.

"Yes, I do like your garden, but... Madara... I have to ask you something very important," Kasumi said in a serious tone. She needed to cut to the chase as soon as possible.

The Uchiha gave her a somewhat curious glance and she continued, "I have a problem and I need your help. Remember the women from my clan I was talking about yesterday?"

He nodded. "They were kidnapped by the men of the village...," she trailed off.

"And you want me to help you get them back?" Madara asked in an equally serious tone.

Kasumi looked down and muttered a 'yes' and he continued, "Alright, I will help you, but I need something in return."

Her eyes widened and she looked up at him with hope filled eyes before sobering slightly and saying, "What do you want in return?"

He smirked and walked right up to loom over her before he said, "You."

She gulped and he continued, "I want you to stay here, forever. You will be truly my possession, and I will save the women of your clan."

Her stomach twisted itself into knots as she tried to think clearly. Basically, it was her life in exchange for the safety of the women.

She selfishly wanted to refuse, but she knew she would never forgive herself if she just left everyone she loved in the hand of tyrants.

Kasumi looked Madara straight in the eye and said, "I agree, but you have to promise to protect the women no matter what. The men won't give up after one attack."

The Uchiha nodded and replied, "Yes, I promise."

There was a brief pause before he said, "Now come inside, we will head out tomorrow."

She gave him a confused glance before asking, "Wait, don't you need to inform the other ninja they are heading out tomorrow?"

He shook his head. "No, we are leaving alone."

...

That night Kasumi hadn't slept well.

For one, she still resented the rug she had to sleep on and two; she was wondering if maybe she had made a mistake.

What if she had rejected Madara's offer but instead suggested her own? What if she had asked Izuna? What if Madara was making a mistake by not taking any other ninja with him? What if, what if, what if?

The questions buzzed around her head like immortal mosquitoes. Just when she thought she was sure she had killed one, it came back and haunted her again.

Finally it was morning and time for her and Madara to head out into the forest. They would have just teleported to the Mountain Clan base, but Madara had never been there so he couldn't.

The closest he had been was at the border of Snow Country and that was where they were going.

In silence, they gathered warm clothing, some food supplies and a few other essentials.

Then after Madara let Izuna know he was in change, he took hold of Kasumi and they teleported.

Instantly, everything came to life. Kasumi's dull eyes lit up and she began to chatter on happily.

"Snow! Snow! Madara look, look, there's a giant icicle! I'm gonna go lick it!" she announced and was about to run over to it, but Madara grabbed her arm and told her to calm down.

To some degree she did, but she still acted like a hyped up six year old that was seeing snow for the first time in the life instead of a twenty year old that had grown up in it.

"Kasumi, aren't you going to get tired if you keep running around like that?" he asked, somewhat annoyed that she was showing this much enthusiasm.

She gave him a look that clearly said you're-kidding-right before saying, "You're just jealous that I can run around the snow and have fun while you brood about how sad your life is."

He was going to retort, but she was back to running around in the snow. Good thing they took a lot of warm clothes.

"Madara look! I found shelter!" she suddenly yelled and began running off the road and toward a dark cave.

The Uchiha reluctantly followed her even though he had told her they had enough money with them to stay in an inn or hotel.

The cave was not very large, but that was good because it would take less energy to heat it up. There were many icicles covering the entrance, but Kasumi only removed one to get inside.

They could serve as a partial door to the cave. By the time Madara was by the cave Kasumi had found a place where each of them would sleep, where to start the fire and gathered sufficient firewood.

"I call the rocky ledge!" she announced and spread her packed up sleeping bag on it. "You can sleep in the corner because the fire should be hear the back to keep the heat in," she continued and began starting the fire.

"You want to sleep here?" he questioned with a slight frown. She nodded and gave him a bright smile before she said, "Yes! It's like camping out in the forest and it might help you loosen up. You've been all calm and serious this entire time."

He shook his head, but didn't argue. He doubted he would be able to drag her out of the cave without causing a huge scene.

Kasumi finished making the fire and then she set out on finding something to cook. Looks like she didn't want to use the food they had taken along with them.

Half an hour later she came back with a bag full of edible plants and sautéed a quick salad out of them.

They ate in silence, but the second Madara put down his plate she said, "You know what we should do?" He resisted the urge to sigh.

"We should have a snowball fight! Maybe then you'll finally crack a smile," she cheered and he wanted to mutter 'or I'll crack your ribs'.

She was able to drag him out of the cave and after they agreed to use no chakra in the game it began.

Kasumi had the advantage because she had been living in snowy terrain for most of her life, but Madara seemed to be struggling with the idea that if you crush the snowball too much, it will break.

Just as he was going to throw a snowball it turned to powder and she was able to use the opening to throw a whole barrage of them.

At least he stood out less now that he was covered in fluffy white stuff.

Finally Kasumi realized he wasn't having any fun and reluctantly called the game was over. Then Madara went back to his spot in the cave while she tried to figure out what she could do to cheer him up.

Any games were out of the option, but perhaps she should have seen that one coming. Suddenly, she got an idea and with a large smirk on her face, she made it back into the cave.

"So... Madara... I think I know what might cheer you up in this wonderful snowy paradise! Taking a nap! You just go to sleep while I go have fun exploring the area."

For a split second he looked like he was actually considering it, but then he said, "No, I don't need a nap I need you to calm down and be quiet. You've been like a wound up doll running around non stop, you should start acting your age."

Her smirk disappeared and a fake smile replaced it. "Of course I have been, this... this is probably the last time I'll be here... and I have to... I have to take in everything I can."

She was surprised when her voice cracked, but her fake smile remained persistent.

Madara stared at her with narrowed eyes when he realized what she meant. "You think I'm going to keep you in the Uchiha base forever?"

Averting her gaze, she nodded and he sighed. Of course she thought so; he never bothered to explain the details.

He stood up and when he was standing right in front of her he said, "Kasumi, look at me." Slowly and hesitantly, she looked up at him and he could see the masked pain in her eyes.

She truly thought he was never going to let her visit her homeland ever again.

"Kasumi, this isn't the last time you'll be here. I'll let you come here when you want; just because you are mine doesn't mean you're my prisoner."

Confusion crossed over her face and he continued, "Being mine means you stay with me and no one else. It means I am the most important person in your life. It means, we are together as long as we live."

He put his hand on her chin and pulled her up for a long, passionate kiss.

Together as long as we live.

To be continued...
♠ ♠ ♠
Any thoughts?