Status: Complete!

Mist

Chapter 13- The Unusual Punishment

Chapter 13- The unusual punishment.

"Where do you think you're going?"

Kasumi froze, and gulped when she saw Madara standing in front of her.

Why did this always happen? Whenever she tried to do something he was there! She had never known Karma hated her so much.

Knowing that anything she said would only make the situation worse, Kasumi ran over to the open window and jumped out into the snow.

Madara was not far behind her because just as she was getting up he flew out of the window and on top of her.

Still in escape mode, she wrestled out of his grip and started running into the forest.

As she was doing this an interesting thought came into her head. Why, oh why, was she trying to escape in the first place?

Oh right, it was so show that Madara was not in complete charge and she was not going to submit to his will like a little, clueless deranged puppy.

Suddenly, her arm was grabbed roughly and she fell to the ground from the force.

Not good.

She was going to try and get up again, but she didn't have to because Madara did it for her.

Then he pinned her to a tree and sneered, "I will not repeat myself."

At first she stared at him blankly and wondered what he was talking about, but then she remembered his previous question.

"Oh... I was going for a little morning run," she offered sheepishly in hopes that he would accept it.

He narrowed his eyes at her and said, "It isn't morning yet, now answer me, why did you run?"

She looked him straight in the eyes and said, "I ran because I have something to prove. You are not in complete control of me. You might own me, but I am still my own person and I wanted to prove that to you."

"You still think you have the freedom to make your own choices?" he asked and she didn't know if she was meant to answer that or it was rhetorical.

His eyes narrowed even further and he continued, "You do not. I am in control of you, you will do as I say and not question my authority."

"Like a puppet? Why Madara, I had no idea you liked puppets so much... it's strange really. I thought you were more into Barbie dolls," she managed to retort and she knew she would regret it in the future.

A small smirk formed on his sharp lips as he replied, "A lot of snide comments are coming from your mouth, perhaps I should make sure that stops."

Kasumi gave him a confused look, but she wasn't confused for long because he said, "Next time you say a comment like that one, I will punish you."

Pushing her luck she asked, "What punishment would that be?"

The previous smirk turned sadistic as he said, "I am the Uchiha clan's most skilled torture expert, I think you can see where this is going."

She gulped; she would have to watch her tongue from now on. But then where would her wonderful comments go?

Would they all store up in her brain until one day she exploded and began screaming random half formed insults at him?

She hoped not. It would probably cost Kasumi her life, but then again, with Madara anything was possible.

Maybe he would spare her and only cut off a couple of limbs. Sighing, she realized the irony in her thoughts.

Just a few weeks ago she was able to say anything she could back in her clan; it was her strategy to ward off any 'interested' men, but now if she said one little comment her well being was at stake.

"Do you agree?" Madara asked and broke her out of her thoughts. She looked away and mumbled, "Do I have a choice?"

He seemed to accept that and he let go of her. "Now, let's go back to the cottage. We need to get a lot of rest because we have a lot of walking to do tomorrow."

Her confusion was back as she asked, "Wait, why do we need to rest when we can just teleport back to the base without having to walk at all?"

The Uchiha stiffened as he replied, "I can't. We will have to walk all the way back."

Since he wasn't looking at her, he wasn't able to see the large, somewhat insane looking grin that formed on her face.

That meant she had about two more weeks until she was back in the Uchiha clan base. However, that also meant it was just her and Madara for that amount of time.

It took her a lot of effort not to break out in curse right then and there. Then she remembered the conversation and asked, "Why can't you teleport?"

He seemed to tense up even more as he said, "For the next week, Harashima Senju will be staying at the base."

She was able to connect the dots from there and she tried to look innocent as she questioned, "So you're hiding from Harashima?"

Madara turned to face her again and grumbled, "I. Do not hide."

Kasumi couldn't stop herself as she yelled, "You do repeat yourself! You said the exact same line earlier today you... you... repeater!"

He watched with mild amusement as she slapped a hand over her mouth and started at him with wide eyes.

"It was a grand total of a minute before your first little comment. Are you ready for your punishment?" he whispered and she could hear the half murderous intent in his words.

Her instincts were screaming at her to run as fast as humanly possible, but Madara's piercing stare kept her rooted in place.

He walked right up to her and for a second she stopped breathing. Then she closed her eyes and dared to say, "Just get this over with, I do not regret anything."

"Really? Well maybe after this you will," his voice became deeper and it sent a shiver down her spine.

She tried to look as confident as she could manage, but the overly conscious butterflies in her stomach were not helping.

There was a small metallic clicking noise and she tensed up in case it was a weapon that was about to stab her.

"Kasumi, is that you?"

...What...?

She slowly opened her eyes when she heard the foreign voice, but then she gasped when she saw she was standing in a large room, in which was none other than Harashima Senju.

"Uh..." she answered smartly and tried to figure out what she was doing here.

"What are you doing here?" he asked with a hint of curiosity in his even tone. She shrugged and replied, "You tell me, I wasn't here a second ago."

Then something rustled in her hand and she was surprised to see it was a note.

On the back it read 'To Harashima Senju. From Uchiha Madara.' Confused, she gave the note to the Senju clan leader and he read it quickly.

"What does it say?" she asked and cursed her stupidity that she hadn't read it herself first.

Harashima looked at her before he said, "It says that Madara wants you to stay here and be my personal servant until it is time for me to go back."

Her mouth gaped open for a few seconds, until she closed it and with a large grin on her face she said, "I am so lucky! A week without being around that crap head! Yes! I can't believe he calls this punishment."

Then she burst into a little fit of giggles and Harashima gave her a somewhat cautious stare as he asked, "Punishment? What is he punishing you for?"

"Oh, nothing special, I just called him a repeater and said he liked Barbie dolls," she replied casually before in a more serious tone asking, "Now, can I get you anything? You know, personal servant wise?"

He shook his head and said, "No, I have everything I need for now. Thank you, but just out of curiosity, does Madara like Barbie dolls."

She chuckled. "Nah, he's more into puppets.

(1)-(2)-(3)-(4)-(5)-(6)-(7)-(8)-(9)

"You're back? I expected you would be hiding in the woods for another week," Izuna said as he stared at his brother.

"I found a way to deal with him, that's why," he replied and continued pacing around his office.

The younger Uchiha raised an eye brow and asked, "Don't tell me you're going to try and kill him again."

He stopped pacing and with a small smirk replied, "No, no... Better. I'm going to get Kasumi to annoy him to death."

"You brought her back here?" was the next question. Madara nodded and said, "Yes, we made a deal, I own her now, but as punishment I made her Harashima's personal servant."

Izuna shook his head and asked yet another question, "You call that punishment? You know Harashima is always nice to anyone that works for him so I think you just gave her a reward not a punishment."

The Uchiha clan leader glared at his brother for a moment before he said, "You're right, I'm going to get her back."

Then he walked out of the room and Izuna sighed, his brother really was such an idiot sometimes.

Madara made his way down the hallways and into the big room where he had left Kasumi. When he walked in he was met by Harashima petting Kasumi's head, while she was sleeping beside him.

He resisted the urge to dramatically gasp. She was sleeping quietly right beside a person she barely new, while she wouldn't even consider sleeping in the same bed as him.

Forcing the twinge of jealously down, Madara strode into the room and loudly stated, "Kasumi, you are coming back with me."

She instantly woke up and when she realized what had just been said she replied, "Oh Madara-sama, forgive me, but I can not come with you because otherwise who would be able to serve our esteemed guest Harashima Senju?"

Then she bat her eye lashes at him and he twitched when he heard the overly polite tone she was using. At least she was finally using the correct honorific with his name.

"He'll be fine, he can take care of himself," Madara replied and in an even sicklier sweet tone she said, "Are you sure? He might get lost in the long, dark and horribly lit hallways of the base and he might accidentally trip and get hurt."

Harashima watched the scene unfold with interest and he briefly wondered who would win this little argument.

Kasumi continued, "Unless... you want our poor guest to get hurt? But that would make you a big, fat meanie wouldn't it you stupid, big, fat meanie?"

The Uchiha tensed up and if they had been alone she might have been in grave danger, but luckily Harashima was there to stop the argument by saying, "Yes Madara, Kasumi has a point and I would love it if she were to continue being my personal servant."

Madara looked like a rat backed up into a corner as he bit out, "Whatever you want, but Kasumi mark my words, you will pay."

She just smiled and waved goodbye as he walked out of the room. Then she let out a relieved sigh and said, "Well, that could have been ugly."

Harashima shook his head and watched as Kasumi yawned before she asked him, "I guess it's almost morning now... so... want to go get breakfast?"

He nodded and they both went to the kitchen, where they ate and then decided to spend the rest of the day walking around the base.

As they walked, Kasumi asked, "Harashima, I have one little question for you... why are you in the Uchiha base in the first place?"

There was a small smile on his lips as he replied, "In one of my... let's call them conversations with Madara, he boasted that his base was better then mine and I was able to trick him into letting me get a chance to see it for a week."

She stared at him with admiration filled eyes and she praised, "Oh... I wish I was like you. I can't trick him into doing anything; I'm usually the one getting tricked."

Giving her a smile he assured her, "Don't worry, it takes practice, but I'm sure that one day you'll be able to play him like a fiddle. Just try hurting his pride and bit by bit you will have him.

She chuckled. "I've tried... I've tried, but all it got me was a bunch of stab wounds, torture via Sharingan and endless threats. This was the best thing that happened to me so far though."

If he was uncomfortable about hearing how Madara hurt her he didn't show it as he suggested, "Have you talked to Izuna about what he did to you?"

Her chuckling continued as she said, "Of course! But all he said was 'I'm just going to go now' and then left."

A little bit of concern slipped through as the Senju clan leader responded, "And you are alright with all of this?"

"Nope, but it doesn't matter. Madara owns me now so apparently I don't have any rights anymore," she said, a little more sober now.

"Slavery is illegal in Fire Country, I could protect you from him," he stated and Kasumi cracked up again.

"I'm sure Madara knows that, but he's the Uchiha clan leader, you think he's going to care? Plus, it's my word against his."

"It doesn't have to be if you trust me, then it would be my word against his," he was beginning to pressure her slightly now and she quickly responded, "Harashima, listen, I'm perfectly fine with everything that is going with my life. I accepted his terms and I was willing when I agreed to be his."

Then before he could respond she changed the subject by saying, "Oh look, there's the garden! Let's go out there."

She ran outside and he trailed behind her.

Suddenly, she stopped and it looked like she was going to say something, but then she was gone.

He shook his head and sat down in the gazebo. Looks like Madara wanted some quality time with his slave.

(1)-(2)-(3)-(4)-(5)-(6)-(7)-(8)-(9)

"Madara? Why did you do that?" Kasumi asked curiously as she tried to pry Madara's hands off her waist.

"He wouldn't let me just take you, that's why," he responded and before she could say anything else he continued, "Stop squirming, we have to talk."

She looked a little more serious as she said, "Hmm? About what?"

"About you and me, Harashima might try and take you away because you blabbered about how I own you," he half hissed, half stated.

"And you eavesdropped?" she added with a small frown. He ignored her comment and said, "Harashima is obsessed with saving slaves and I know he will never let this drop. I forbid you from talking to him."

Kasumi gave him a confused look and then demanded, "You forbid me? Oh, no that won't make him any more suspicious."

Madara narrowed his eyes and warned, "Remember what I said about your little comments."

She didn't reply, but instead shot him a dirty look. Then he continued, "Alright, you can continue being his personal servant, but no more talk about personal things."

Nodding, she turned to walk out of the room and luckily for her Madara didn't stop her.

Then she quickly made her way out back to the garden and when she saw Harashima she said, "Sorry about that, Madara needed my help with something quickly."

He nodded and replied, "My apologies for prying into your lives, I will not mention anything from the previous conversation anymore."

She gave him a smile and said, "Thank you, that would be much appreciated."

"So, what do you want to do next?"

...

"Wow, it's evening already! I guess I should go to sleep now, you know where your bedroom is right?" Kasumi asked with a yawn.

Harashima nodded and they went their separate ways. They had spent the entire day walking around and looking in almost every single room.

It had actually been very beneficial to both of them. Harashima now knew the entire layout of the base and Kasumi found several new passageways she could use to get around faster.

However, the greatest thing about the tour was that she found this one very beautiful bedroom that was a full five minutes walk away from Madara's bedroom.

This was the perfect place to sleep. No Madara, no rug, no problem.

She stretched and quickly lay down to sleep. Without question, the Uchiha would come to get her sooner or later and she wanted to get some sleep beforehand.

A few hours later, a dark, black haired figure walked into the 'secret' bedroom with a smirk.

So she didn't want to sleep in his bed, but she was perfectly fine with this one.

First, he checked she was asleep and then he climbed into the bed.

He couldn't wait to see the look on her face when she woke up.

To be continued...
♠ ♠ ♠
So.... any thoughts?