Status: Complete!

Mist

Chapter 18- The First Nightmare

Sometimes I think Tobi is a little too in character as a crazy loon... but somewhere beneath all of that is Madara... or maybe it's just more Tobi... *shrugs* we'll see ;)

Chapter 18- The first nightmare.

"Tobi wants Kasumi-chan to meet all of the Akatsuki!" Tobi announced a couple of days after their mission.

Kasumi raised an eye brow at him, but waited for him to continue. "Come, Tobi has an idea!"

She followed him as he ran down the hallway in the direction of the leader's room. When she got there, Tobi had somehow managed to get his hands on a rubber chicken.

He turned to look at her and screamed, "Tobi is going to surprise leader-sama!"

In the room, Pein sighed and buried his head in his hands. Why did Karma hate him so much?

Then, Tobi ran into the room and ran up to the leader, who for a split second looked like he was going to scream bloody murder, and slapped him across the face with the rubber chicken.

Back in the door way, Kasumi gasped at the boldness Tobi was showing, but when she saw the expression on Pein's face she couldn't help but laugh.

"Surprise!" Tobi yelled and then bolted out of the room before Pein could scream at him... or beg for mercy.

She saw a dark glare being directed at her so she quickly followed after Tobi in hopes of confiscating the chicken before it caused any more trouble.

When she finally caught up to him he said, "That was leader-sama! Now you have to meet Konan-chan!"

Kasumi paled slightly and she said, "Tobi... wait... are you going to slap her on the face too?"

He started to laugh and when she saw what he was holding in his hands, her mouth hung open, but just as she was about to say something Tobi took of running again.

She swore and ran after him; if Konan got hit in the face with that there would be a lot of trouble.

Much to her dismay, Tobi was a much faster runner than her and she could barely keep up to him.

Soon they were close to Konan's room and Kasumi knew she had one last chance to stop Tobi before it was too late.

She increased her pace and with one last push she jumped into the air and flew at Tobi.

He didn't see it coming, but it was too late because he was already at the door way to Konan's room and she was staring at him with wide eyes.

Just as he pulled the trigger, Kasumi collided with him and the shot was directed away from Konan.

Splat! Splat! Splash!

It... it was everywhere!

Konan looked around her room and sighed. Once again, her room was ruined by Tobi.

There was rainbow coloured paint all over the walls, but thanks to Kasumi's intervention none of the paint gun's ammunition had hit her.

"Tobi! What were you thinking?" Kasumi scolded as she looked down at him. Since she had collided with him, she was now sprawled on top of him.

Konan stepped out of her room and said, "You must be Kasumi, it is nice to meet you, but if I were you, I would stay away from Tobi. Permanently."

He glared at her through his mask, she knew of his true identity and she was trying to warn Kasumi.

Then, before anything else could be said Konan left and they were alone in the hallway.

"Tobi, don't you ever do that again! You can't be a good boy if you do things like that!" she continued to scold, but failed to notice when Hidan began walking their way and heard her.

"But Tobi wanted Kasumi-chan to be happy! Let him try again!" Tobi said and by now Hidan had seriously misunderstood the topic of the conversation.

"No, I don't want to, just forget about it and we'll try it again later," she sighed and she was about to get up off him, but then Hidan made himself known.

"Oh fuck! They're having sex in the hallway!"

They both looked up and saw Hidan looking down at them with an extremely shocked facial expression.

Before Hidan could make things worse, Kasumi explained, "No! We're not! You sick pervert, we were talking about how Tobi shouldn't attack other Akatsuki members with paint guns!"

He looked confused, but then relived as he said, "Good, I've had enough of walking into people doing that."

She didn't ask, but instead stood up and Tobi did the same. "Tobi has a present for Hidan!" he suddenly announced and everything went deathly silent as he jumped on the poor white haired man.

The silence suddenly cracked like a broken mirror when Hidan screamed, "AHHHHH, DON'T FUCKING PULL MY HAIR!"

Needless to say, everyone in the Akatsuki base heard it.

Suddenly, Tobi let go of Hidan and he ploughed face first into the ground from the force of being released.

"Mmmhh yuh fhuckshing bahhtard I'm ghoing to khimmllllll yooohhhh!"

Translation to normal English: "Ahh, you fucking bastard I'm going to kill you!"

Tobi understood the message loud and clear so he quickly yelled, "Kasumi-chan has met Hidan!" and then bolted down the hallway again.

He continued to swear and eventually Kasumi just shrugged and ran after Tobi. Surely enough he wanted her to meet more of the Akatsuki members.

How many of them were there anyway!

"Tobi! Wait! How many other Akatsuki members are there?" she yelled as she struggled to catch up to him.

He stopped and said, "Mmm... there is Deidera senpai, Itachi-meanie-san, Kisame-fish-san, Kakuzu-stitch-face, Zetsu-plant-san and there were also Sasori-puppet-san and Orochimaru-the-creepy-snake-rape-san, but they are not here now. Sasori is dead and Orochimaru ran away."

She paused for a second to digest the nicknames, but then said, "And you want me to meet all of them today? It's okay... the ones I've met so far are enough okay?"

Tobi didn't look happy as he crossed his arms and pouted, "But Tobi wanted to make Kasumi-chan happy!"

"I will be happy, but only if you promise no more pranks!" she was trying to be reasonable and to prevent any further damage in the base.

He sighed and muttered, "Tobi agrees."

"Great! Now who's next?"

...

"Okay, so today I've met, leader-sama, Konan, Hidan, Kakuzu, Deidera and Zetsu," Kasumi did a basic recap of all the people she had talked to.

"Yup! Now Kasumi-chan has to meet Kisame-san and Itachi-san!" Tobi said and marched down the hallway in the direction of the partner's rooms.

She ran after him and tried to recollect her thoughts. Somehow she had to get more information out of Itachi.

If he had met Madara he would know what he looked like, and perhaps where he had last been.

Even though the information was supposed to be given to her in three months time, she didn't want to be completely shocked and she wanted to have a couple of leads of her own.

Tobi knocked on the door, but somehow he didn't seem as cheerful as before.

She shook her hear, it had to be her imagination. Tobi was always cheerful!

"Itachi-san! Tobi wanted you to meet Kasumi-chan!" he announced before walking into the Uchiha's room.

He sighed, but didn't protest as they sat in his room and stared at him intently.

Kasumi didn't waste time and she cut right to the chase by saying, "What did Madara look like when you saw him?"

At first Itachi narrowed his eyes, but then relinquished the information. "He had long black hair and he looked like he was twenty five, even though he was a hundred."

(A/N: I know in the manga he had wrinkles, but if this is going to be a love story he can't be some ugly ass pedophile... so uh... he looks young...)

She nodded and said, "I doubted he would have cut his hair. He was like a woman that way, always fussing about his appearance."

Tobi bit his tongue to stop himself from defending his pride. Here he was, sitting and acting like an idiot as they talked about him without any knowledge he was in the same room.

"Where was the last place you saw him?" she asked and didn't tear her eyes off him as he replied, "The Uchiha clan base when we committed the murders."

A few minutes passed before she asked the next question, "Why did he want to kill the clan in the first place?"

"He never said, but he gave the hint he wanted revenge over some wrong that happened in the past."

Finally, Tobi spoke up, "Tobi is bored! Tobi doesn't understand who Kasumi-chan is talking about!"

She looked at him and replied, "Oh, I'm sorry Tobi, and Itachi, thank you for telling me what you knew... I'm sorry for bothering you."

Then she left and Tobi followed her silently. They walked the short distance to Kisame's room without a single word being spoken.

Tobi was pleased Kasumi was still thinking about him, but it was all for the wrong reasons. He wanted her to worry for him, care for him, but instead she wanted to rip him to shreds.

Not that he would let her of course.

However, he still had a little under three months to figure out what to do and one thing was for certain:

This time, she would be his.

Tobi knocked on the door to Kisame's room and the instant it opened, Kasumi's eye brows went on a long journey up to the very top of her forehead.

"Tobi. What do you want?" he grumbled, but when he saw her he added, "I mean, come in, come in."

They came in and instantly they were bombarded by the pungent stench of fish guts.

"Ooh... umm... what... a nice room," Kasumi managed to say without puking in her mouth.

Tobi smirked and remembered the first time he had been in Kisame's room. It had taken him all of his will power not to set everything on fire right then and there.

"Thank you, I try my best to make my room smell like home," Kisame replied and she let out a small nervous chuckle when she imagined this shark-like mans home.

"So, you must be Kasumi. I have heard a lot about you and how you time travelled here," he continued and she stared at him intently in an effort to find out if he breathed from his nose or gills.

Finally, she snapped out of her trance and said, "Oh, yes... about that... I didn't exactly time travel, it was more of an accident than by my will and I still don't understand why it happened."

"Interesting, but before you ended up here, you had been with Madara?" he asked and she gave him a suspicious glance so he explained, "Itachi hates Madara's guts and he would never ask anything about him so I wanted to get some information for him."

What the shark man was saying seemed to make sense. Itachi didn't seem like the kind to pry so she answered his question, "Yes, I had been living with Madara at the time."

"So, what was he like?" Kisame continued and Tobi shifted in his seat.

He didn't want any more information about his past being revealed to the world, but if he said anything it would seem suspicious.

"At first... he was a complete and utter son of a bitch, but... there were a couple of slimmers of hope... of course in the end they disappeared and he went somewhat insane, but I digress," she ended and shrugged.

Tobi narrowed his eyes and remembered all the horrible wounds he had administered to her, and all the torture via Sharingan.

If he had known any of this was going to happen... no, no one could have seen it coming.

"Did he hurt you?" Kisame questioned and she began to chuckle. "If I look hard enough I'm sure I can find a couple of scars to show you, but most of my injuries were in his Sharingan."

Her chuckling ended and she got a far away look in her eye before she suddenly shivered. No doubt she was remembering one of those times she had looked in his eyes.

"Why were you staying with him?" Kisame broke the silence.

A small, wry smile. "I robbed a store, he arrested me and I was his prisoner. Though he only put me in a jail cell for a very short time."

Kisame was going to ask another question, but Tobi sneezed suddenly and then began running around the room screaming, "Tobi's mask is dirty! Tobi's mask is dirty!"

They sweat dropped and Kasumi said, "Well, I guess I have to go now... Tobi probably needs help or something."

The shark man nodded and they left the room. Instantly, Tobi ran for the bathroom and she walked after him calmly.

A few minutes after she made it to the bathroom Tobi had gone in, he came out with his mask on and he yelled, "Tobi's mask is clean!"

She sighed and said, "Congratulations, so we're done meeting all of the Akatsuki's?"

He nodded and said, "Yup! Just in time because it's time for Tobi and Kasumi-chan to sleep!"

"Oh! Right, I forgot I can't tell when it's night or day in this place!" she exclaimed and followed Tobi back to their room.

Luckily, there were two beds in the room so they didn't have to argue over who slept where.

Not that she would mind sleeping in the same bed as Tobi. He didn't seem like the violent, 'rape you in the middle of the night' type so she wouldn't have to be worried about that.

After showering and brushing her teeth, Kasumi went to lie down to sleep, but to her disappointment she simply couldn't.

All she could do was toss and turn uncomfortably in her bed. Tobi seemed to be doing better though, he was out like a light the second his head hit his pillow.

Suddenly, the door to their room flew open and a tall, dark figure walked in.

"Kasumi," the deep, velvet voice whispered and her heart all but stopped beating.

"I have missed you all these years, did you miss me?" he stepped closer into the room.

Finally, she found her voice and she choked out, "Madara? Is... is that you...?"

He chuckled. "Who else would it be, my possession?" His voice seemed to echo around the room and she briefly wondered why Tobi had not woken up.

By now he was at the foot of her bed and she was paralyzed. Whether it was from the fear or his piercing red eyes she didn't know.

"You gave me quite the scare when you disappeared... but now I can pay you back for it," he whispered and leaned closer to her so he was looming over her.

He looked just like she remembered him; tall, strong build, long black hair and deadly blood red eyes.

Before she could do anything, he was holding a kunai to her throat and he said, "I will be seeing you again tomorrow."

A long gash was instantly on her throat and everything began fading away.

No... no... she couldn't be dying... not now...

Kasumi's eyes flew open and she looked around the dark room with wide, confused eyes.

Her hands travelled up to her throat and she was shocked to find there was no wound on it.

But... he had just cut her throat... hadn't he?

She shook her head and closed her eyes. It must have been a nightmare.

"Kasumi-chan?" a voice beside her suddenly said and she instinctively jumped away.

"Oh... it's just you Tobi... what is it?" she asked wearily. "Tobi was wondering why Kasumi-chan was awake and holding her throat. Is something wrong?"

"Yes, I'm fine... just a nightmare," she offered him a small, fake smile.

Behind the mask, he smirked. So he had succeeded in making her afraid again.

"When Tobi has nightmares he goes to snuggle with Deidera senpai! Does Kasumi-chan want to snuggle with Tobi?" he asked innocently.

At first she looked like she was going to reject him, but then she sighed and nodded meekly.

His smirk widened and he climbed into her bed quietly. He couldn't wait to tell her in three months that she had willingly let him into her bed.

She would be devastated, crushed and broken.

Yes, his plan was working perfectly.

To be continued...
♠ ♠ ♠
Any thoughts?