Status: Complete!

Mist

Chapter 6- The Deceiving Maid

Haha, time for some chaos! I decided the characters need some trouble to muddle up their lives.

Chapter 6- The deceiving maid.

"Madara-sama, Madara-sama, there is very important news!"

The Uchiha groaned, it was too early in the morning for news.

He quickly got dressed and walked to the door, threw it open and glared at the poor messenger standing behind it.

"M-Madara-sama! I have news, Harashima Senju is here and he wants to talk to you!" the messenger stuttered before running down the hallway and away from the Uchiha.

He sighed, his enemy had come to visit him. This morning was just getting better and better.

Kasumi yawned and stretched on her rug, wondering what all the fuss was about.

Madara turned to look at her and said, "Stay in the room until I come get you." Then he left, leaving a very confused and bewildered Kasumi alone in the room.

Not good.

She stood up and frowned, it looked like he still treated her like a possession. The female ninja shrugged, there was a window in the room and nothing was going to stop her from using it.

If anything she could say she was trying to get some fresh air and fell out. Considering it was her, he might believe her.

She opened the window and jumped. No need to be cautious when windows and jumping were involved.

When she was on the ground she looked around and saw she was in a garden. Last time she had been down here it was dark so she hadn't seen anything clearly.

No one was around so she decided to take some time to look around. The garden was rather simple, but the flowers were some of the most beautiful she had even seen.

Back in her clan there were only a few weeks when flowers were able to grow and compared to these flowers they were weeds.

All of a sudden, she heard a loud crashing noise. It was as if someone was destroying something large.

Without thinking, she ran out of the garden and down a path that went along the side of the building.

She didn't want to find out who was behind the noises because chances were it was Madara.

Kasumi didn't look back as she ran and she stopped only when she heard yelling.

"You want a peace treaty! After all my clan has given to fighting you? I refuse; my clan will not merge with your pathetic Senju clan."

"I know you are upset, but think about your people. You would be saving them from dying anymore."

"That's a lie! This is just another one of your plots to exterminate the Uchiha and I will not fall for it. I care for my people and they will not become your puppets."

"Just think about okay old friend? I want this fighting to end, and so do your people."

After that everything was silence and Kasumi sat pondering who the two voices belonged to.

She thought the first voice was Madara's because it sounded just like it, but she didn't know who the second, much calmer voice belonged to.

Then she heard two sets of feet walking. One was walking away, but the other was coming toward her!

Thinking the owner of the footsteps was Madara; she jumped into the bushes and stopped breathing.

"Are you hiding from me?" said a calm voice and Kasumi was relieved to find out it belonged to the second man.

She peeked out of the bushes and she was a bit surprised to see a man as tall with Madara, but with thin, brown hair and a kind face.

Remembering the previous question she replied, "Oh, no... I thought you were Madara."

He chuckled a bit and said, "I'm Harashima Senju, leader of the Senju clan. You are?"

She climbed out of the bushes. "I'm Kasumi, nice to meet you."

Harashima gave her a small smile and said, "So you heard the conversation?" She blushed and muttered, "Sorry for eavesdropping, but if it helps, I didn't really understand anything."

"It's fine, but I have to go now. It was nice talking to you, Kasumi," he said and left.

Kasumi smiled, if only her conversations with Madara were as civil as this. Then they'd be getting along just fine with no argume-

"Kasumi! Get back here!"

It was Madara.

The female ninja sprinted down the path. She had to find someone to use as a human shield.

It couldn't be Izuna considering he wasn't much help last night, but who else did she know?

She located Izuna's chakra and began running towards it. There was no hesitation as she stood on the ground floor in front of Izuna's window, which was on the second floor, jumped on the tree beside the house, climbed up it, and just as she was about to burst into his window...

"What do you think you're doing?"

Kasumi looked down and saw the very angry form of Madara glaring up at her.

"I was... umm... going to pay Izuna a visit?" she offered.

He didn't seem pleased with that answer and before she could do anything he jumped up, grabbed her and they were now standing back in Madara's room.

Oh, how she hated his teleportation technique.

"Explain this," he growled and gestured around the room. Kasumi gasped, everything was destroyed. The bed was chopped in half and upside-down, the rug was shredded to bits, the dresser was mutated and the walls were covered in thick, black dirt.

He glared down at her and she backed away before saying, "No... Madara... I didn't do this! A few seconds after you left I jumped out the window and I was in the garden. There were crashing noises and I ran, I thought it was you trying to destroy something."

Madara frowned and roared, "You did this and you have the nerve to lie to my face about it!"

Kasumi gulped and backed away even more. She had never seen him this angry before.

He didn't like her attempt at distancing herself away from him so he grabbed her wrists and pinned her against a nearby wall. "You. Will. Pay," he bit out and activated his Sharingan.

She whimpered and once again tried to say she was innocent, but he interrupted her with a rough slap on the face.

The room went silent and Kasumi's eyes began to water from the sting on her face.

Giving one last try at explaining her innocence she said, "I heard you and Harashima Senju talking! I- I couldn't have done this because I was too busy listening!"

Madara tilted his head to the side and said, "So you're saying you didn't do this, but you disobeyed my orders, snuck outside and listened to a private conversation?"

She didn't say anything because she knew it wouldn't help right now. Nothing could help, she looked guilty either way.

He frowned again and said, "I don't believe you, I know you did this, and I will teach you a lesson you will never forget."

Kasumi shivered as Madara let go of one of her hands and wrapped it around her neck.

Then he let go of her second hand and he wrapped his free hand around her waist, drawing her closer.

He hadn't begun squeezing yet so Kasumi had enough breath to whisper, "Do you still think I'm Ruka?"

Madara snapped, he let go of her and punched her in the stomach. Then while she was trying to recover from the shock he threw her against the destroyed dresser and sneered, "No, you're not Ruka, you are my possession."

Taking a couple of deep breaths she said, "You know that's a lie." She would have said more, but she was out of breath and that punch really did a number on her.

Kasumi closed her eyes; she knew she couldn't risk looking into his Sharingan right now.

The Uchiha chuckled, but it was not a happy sound. "Don't worry, this lesson won't be in genjutsu... I want this to be a hundred percent real."

She shuddered, she still didn't want to see what was going on.

He stepped forward to stand right in front of her and she heard a distinct 'clink' of a weapon being drawn.

Her eyes remained closed, but this time it was because a few lone tears threatened to escape out of them.

Now she wasn't going to be able to escape for a long time, if ever at all.

Madara picked her up off the ground and pushed her against the wall with one hand. "Let's make sure you won't be able to do anymore running for a long, long time," he whispered into her ear.

She shivered, but then had to bite her tongue to stop herself from making any noise when he dug his dagger into her arm.

He chuckled again and pulled the dagger out. She could feel the blood trickling down her arm and she couldn't help but be a bit light headed.

Then he brought the bloody dagger up to her neck and made a small, thin cut. She didn't try to move in fear of the wound getting deeper.

Madara must have sensed her fear because he said, "Do you see who is in control, my little possession?"

She didn't contradict him, it was like trying to convince a baby not to cry at night. It was virtually impossible.

He moved the dagger away from her neck and even through the pain she was able to feel a little bit of relief.

Suddenly, he stuck it back into her previous arm wound and deepened it. Kasumi had not been expecting it and a cry of anguish escape her lips.

Her breathing became ragged and she had to bite her tongue until it bled in order to stop any more screams.

Madara seemed pleased with his work so he let go of her and she slouched against the wall, her hand instantly going to try and stop her wound from bleeding.

She gasped when she saw just how much blood there was, she had never had such a deep and painful wound.

However, Madara was far from done with her because the next instant he pulled her up again and thrust that same dagger into her leg, quickly pulled it out and did the same thing to her other leg.

This time she did not cry out in pain; she just stared at him with a mixture of shock and disbelief.

He pulled the dagger out and let her go. Nothing stopped her fall and she fell unceremoniously on the ground.

A small pool of blood began forming and as black spots were forming in her vision she whispered, "It wasn't me Madara... it wasn't me..."

(1)-(2)-(3)-(4)-(5)-(6)-(7)-(8)-(9)

"My goodness! What in the name of all that is holy happened to this poor female?" asked the panicked voice of the head medic at the Uchiha clan base.

Izuna shook his head and said, "I don't know, I found her lying on the floor in Madara's room like this. The entire room was destroyed."

Nodding, the woman began trying to heal Kasumi, but she knew there was only so much she could heal.

Her arm and legs were too deeply damaged to heal completely so they would have to heal on their own.

When she was done, she said, "Don't tell Madara-sama I said this, but I think Kasumi needs to be kept away from him. I don't know what he is going to do next time he gets angry. I fear for her safety, aren't the Uchiha supposed to protect civilians, not harm them?"

The Uchiha agreed, "Yes, I agree, but by law he owns her until her clan comes to get her."

Then they went their separate ways, Izuna carrying Kasumi to a vacant room to rest and the head medic to treat other patients.

When he did find an empty room, he settled the female ninja into the bed and left the room; she needed all the rest she could get.

...

The maid looked at Kasumi's unconscious body with a smile.

"You got what you deserved, you pathetic excuse for a ninja," she whispered.

There was a pause and she continued, "I can't believe Madara-sama actually fell for it... he must have been very angry."

She chuckled, "I should have destroyed his room the second I saw you."

...

Madara was about to walk into the spare room Kasumi was resting in when he heard a small feminine chuckle.

He listened in and he heard the crystal clear words 'I should have destroyed his room the second I saw you'.

His Sharingan activated and he threw the door open. He had to know who was truly behind the destruction of his room.

There he saw a maid, who looked like a kitten about to get sucked into a vacuum as he said, "You destroyed my room?"

She stuttered, "M-Madara-sama... I..." He frowned and yelled, "Spit it out!"

"I only did it for you! I was just giving you another reason to get rid of her!" She gestured to Kasumi's sleeping body.

Madara pinned her to the wall faster than she could blink and sneered, "You. Tricked. Me."

He grabbed her throat and she desperately screamed, "No! Madara-sama, don't do this! I love y-"

Her dead, limp body fell to the ground and Madara didn't even give it a seconds thought as he turned around to see Kasumi staring at him with wide, frightened eyes.

When he took a step closer to her bed she tried to move back, but the pain in her legs and arm paralyzed her.

The Uchiha clan leader was about to say something but she stuck her good hand in front of her and said, "No. Don't come any closer, you've done enough for one day."

He could hear her voice waver a bit and he seemed to ignore what she said when he walked right up to her bed and sat down.

Her breathing all but stopped when he took her good hand and held it in his own. "Kasumi, you were right..," he began and after looking into her confused eyes he explained, "The maid, she was the one that destroyed the room."

Her eyes flashed over to the body and she sighed before she said, "It doesn't matter, you didn't believe me..."

Madara squeezed her hand, causing her to jump a bit. "I know I didn't, but if I thought about every single thing I did wrong I wouldn't be the clan leader, forget this happened and move on."

Anger flashed through her eyes, but she restrained her voice as she said, "Forget this? Alright, then let me just get up and we walk around for a bit. Oh, I forgot, I can't walk or use my left arm."

A small sigh could be heard coming from Madara as he said, "This changes nothing. You are still my possession and when you heal everything will go back to normal."

This time, a bit of venom leaked through her voice, "Normal? What is normal? You forcing me to sleep on that damn rug? You torturing me in your genjutsu? Tell me Madara, what part of this is normal?"

She was breathing a bit harder now and she wanted nothing more than for Madara to let go of her hand and leave her alone to suffer.

He narrowed his eyes. "You should be thankful I let you live, not complaining."

Kasumi let a deep frown form on her face as she seethed, "Complain? Who said I was complaining? I was merely stating the facts of my wretched existence in this hell hole!"

Madara didn't like the tone of her voice so he let go of her hand and grabbed the bandaged arm.

He was about to say something, but suddenly Kasumi let out a pained yell and went completely limp.

For a split second he was worried about her well being, but that passed and he frowned as he let go of her and took out some handcuffs.

She already had one good arm to use, and that was one too many.

To be continued...
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes! The maid is dead! :P Any reviews?