Status: Complete!

Mist

Chapter 8- The Talking Wall

XD Chapter 8! Haha there is progress with Madara and Kasumi... but then Madara left... *Sigh*

Chapter 8- The talking wall.

"That stupid bastard!"

Kasumi glared at the note in front of the garden. Who would have thought such a little thing could cause so much trouble.

'Kasumi, winter is coming so I have decided to redesign the garden before the snow comes. Sighed Madara.'

Now she couldn't go into the garden, which looked hideous because all the flowers had been dug out.

Stupid Madara...

She sighed and walked back inside, there was nothing else she could do out here.

But... what would she do for the rest of the day? Simple, wander the halls until she found something of mild interest.

At first she thought this would be hard, but she found a very amusing looking door after only a few minutes of walking.

She pushed the large, heavy door aside and saw she was standing at the entrance to a library.

It was dusty and Kasumi wondered how long it had been since anyone had been in here.

Shrugging, she strode inside and began pacing between the many shelves of books.

Each shelf had a title so she could tell what types of books were in each one. However, a silver book caught her eyes and she was surprised to see it was in the most unlikely of sections: Law.

She picked it up and her eyes widened when she saw the title 'Mountain Clan Laws'.

Out of curiosity she began looking for her crime, a female becoming a ninja.

It was found pretty easily and she read to see what the punishment was; she didn't want to be surprised when she got back to her clan.

Thud.

Kasumi dropped the book like it was the bubonic plague and backed away from it in shock.

No... It... It can't be...

She noticed her heart was racing and she tried to calm herself down. Maybe she had read it wrong.

No. It had been perfectly clear.

The punishment for a female becoming a ninja was the death penalty.

She closed her eyes and took several deep breaths. They were going to kill her.

Instantly, rage swelled up in her and she knew she had to do something about it. For the past week and a half she had just been sitting around, waiting to be taken back.

But that had to change; she had to escape as soon as possible.

She knew she couldn't be too rash about it, but every second her clan was getting closer and closer to her.

There was no time to loose.

Kasumi walked over to the edge of the library, where there was a window, and quietly opened it.

No one was around so she jumped out of the window and began walking along the side of the building, careful to duck under the windows she passed so no one would see her.

Soon she was at the corner of the mansion and standing in front of a huge, solid stone wall. On the other side was the rest of the Uchiha clan base.

Now it was time to put her training back in the forest to good use. She gathered chakra in her hands and feet and began climbing up the wall.

When she was half way up she took a small pause to catch her breath. Just as she was about to continue she heard someone walking toward her and froze when she realized who it was.

"Kasumi, what do you think you're doing?"

Madara.

Trying to act innocent she said, "Oh you know, just doing a few exercises... nothing you need to worry about."

He sighed. "So you finally found out what's going to happen?"

Her eyes widened and she questioned, "Are you talking about what is going to happen to me when I get back to my clan?"

"Yes, I-" he was interrupted.

"You knew and you didn't tell me! How could you? I-" Thud. She fell because she lost her concentration on her chakra.

With as much dignity as she could muster, she peeled herself off the ground and stood up.

"Kasumi, I didn't tell you because I knew if I did there would be escape attempt after escape attempt. The less you knew, the less likely you were to do something stupid," he said and crossed his arms.

She looked away as she muttered, "I'm going to die and all you can say is that?"

Before he could say anything else she added, more loudly, "You're not going to let me leave are you? You're going to make me suffer right down to the very end?"

He didn't say anything so she continued, "But you know what the saddest thing about all of this is? Even through all of the stuff you put me through, I still don't hate you."

Madara took a few strides forward and said, "You're right, I'm not going to let you leave, but I'm not going to make you suffer either. Unless you continue to disobey me, because then... I'll make sure you beg for death instead of trying to escape it."

She shuddered, she really didn't want to find out what other torture techniques he had up his sleeves.

"Madara, let me ask you one last question, if I was Ruka, would you let me escape?" she whispered.

He narrowed his eyes. "No, I never let my possessions leave."

"So that's what she was? Ruka was another one of your 'possessions'," she stated.

He seemed to go a bit tense as he replied, "That. Is none of your business. Now come, you will spend the rest of your days in the jail cell."

Kasumi backed away from him. He wouldn't even let her go outside?

Madara began advancing toward her and all reason disappeared from her head; she ran.

If he was going to lock her up in a jail cell she wasn't going down easy. She would fight for every last moment she got outside.

He was much faster than her and she knew it was only a matter of seconds before he caught her. Oh, where was a cliff when you needed it?

Relying completely on instincts, she suddenly stopped, jumped over him and began running in the opposite direction.

She was just buying herself time for her larger plan, which was slightly risky and it needed some time to prepare.

By now he was catching up to her again so she started doing she seals for the Ice Claw Jutsu.

Both her hands became encased in ice in the form of large claws and Kasumi made a sudden turn toward the wall. She used the claws to grab onto the wall and scamper up it.

Madara was still very close to her and when she was at the top she broke into a sprint and jumped off the other side.

It felt like she was flying; like she was finally free.

All of a sudden, she felt Madara's hands wrap around her waist, everything began to spin and she was back in the grey jail cell.

When he let go of her she stumbled forward and fell on the ground in disbelief.

She had been caught.

Just seconds ago she had been flying off the side of a wall.

Quickly, she stood up and turned to Madara, who was about to walk out of the jail cell.

"Wait! Don't go, don't leave me alone. I- I don't want to be alone right now, I don't know what I'll do," Kasumi was surprised when her voice cracked.

But what she had said was a lie, she did know what she was going to do; she was going to sit in the corner and mope about how much she wanted to live.

Madara turned around to look at her. She looked miserable, but determined. "Alright, I'll stay for a bit," he said and the room went silent.

Kasumi didn't trust herself to say anything because for all she knew she would burst into tears or start screaming curses at him.

"They might be lenient and maybe you'll just spend years in prison," Madara tried to comfort her, the pained look on her face was too much.

She narrowed her eyes. "I would rather die than sit in prison."

He raised an eye brow at her and questioned, "Really? You seem to care about living too much to just die."

A small, wry smile crossed her lips as she said, "You're right, maybe I would rather die fighting for my freedom than sit in prison."

Once again, everything was silent until Kasumi said, "Hey Madara, what would you do if you were me?"

He gave her a curious glance, but then answered, "If I was as weak as you I would give up and wait. There is nothing that can be done."

She smirked. "You're lying; you would never just give up."

Turning to look at her, he said, "Don't get any ideas. There is nothing that can be done."

Her eyes widened. He was repeating himself and it meant he might be hiding something. Deciding to take a risk she walked right up to him and said, "I still don't believe you."

He wasn't looking at her anymore; another sign it was a lie. "You know something... there is a way out isn't there? Right, Madara," she whispered.

The Uchiha glared down at her as he finally said, "Yes, there is a way, but I will never tell you."

She cocked her head to the side and said, "Even if I do... this?" She put her hands on his chest and began leaning toward his face.

Suddenly, she kicked him and said, "Will you tell me now?" He just glared at her before he grabbed the back of her head and pulled her in for a long, rough kiss.

Suffocating, she tried to push him away, but he was too heavy for her. He broke away, but still didn't let go of her head.

Her eyes were wide and her breathing was short and quick as she tried to say, "M...Madara... what... are you... doing?"

He smirked and said, "I did what you wanted to do." Kasumi scoffed, "That's not what I was trying to do! I was distracting you so I could kick you."

"You kicked me?" he asked and her mouth hung open in shock. Was she really that weak!

She shook her head and in a calmer tone asked, "Why do you keep doing that?"

Madara raised an eye brow as he said, "What? Kiss you? You're my possession; I can do whatever I want with you."

Her eye twitched. "Will you just drop that! What makes you think I want to be your possession in the first place?"

"The fact that you didn't try to push me off when I kissed you," was the simple response.

"I did! It's not my fault you can't feel anything you big fat lump of muscle!" she yelled, but even then he did not let go of her.

Madara chuckled. "Oh, so I'm a big fat lump of muscle now? What happened to 'stupid bastard'?"

She gasped, "You heard me back in the garden?" He nodded, "I couldn't not hear it. It was right outside my window."

"Um... Madara... why are you still clutching my head?" she asked quietly when she realized she couldn't turn her head to the side.

"Do I need a reason?" he said and let go. Kasumi backed away a step and said, "Thanks for staying... But is there any chance I will get to go outside until...you know?"

He shook his head and replied, "No. Goodbye Kasumi."

Just like that he was gone and she was alone in the jail cell.

Her mood instantly crashed down as she looked around the dull, grey room. So this was where she would spend her last few days of 'freedom'.

Suddenly, she remembered Madara had said there was a way out. There was no time to loose; she had to find it even if he didn't believe she would.

She walked over to the wall and began trying to find a loose brick or something out of the ordinary.

After she was done pushing three quarters of all the bricks in the room, one of them budged a bit and her eyes lit up.

She found it!

(1)-(2)-(3)-(4)-(5)-(6)-(7)-(8)-(9)

Smash!

Madara looked up from his desk and frowned when he saw one of his bookshelves fall down on the ground with a horrifying noise.

Dust flew out of the space it had been in and there was a strange black tunnel there too.

Somewhat curious, he walked over to it and walked inside. He had never seen this before and now that he knew it was here he just had to know where it went.

There was a stairwell that led down and at the bottom of it he heard a very strange noise...

"Stupid Madara thought I would never find it, but I did! Just... have... to move... this... stupid... friggin... brick..."

Madara sighed. "Kasumi, is that you?"

He heard her gasp. "Oh dear God! A wall just spoke to me! I must be going insane... eh, it was expected I guess. Hello wall!"

He shook his head, but then decided to play along as the 'talking wall'. "Kasumi, you should know this won't lead to your escape, Madara will get you."

She scoffed and replied, "Geez wall, lighten up, anything can happen! And how do you know about me and Madara anyway?"

"Walls have ears, I hear everything that goes on in this mansion," he said and leaned against the wall.

"Oh, so I guess you know about how much of an ass Madara is?" she asked and he could hear the curiosity in her voice.

His eyes narrowed as he said, "Yes. I know Madara very well." Behind the wall, Kasumi smiled and said, "Yes! Finally someone that agrees with me! You must have heard him call me a possession right?"

"Yes, I heard," he was now glaring through the wall. "It's silly isn't it, people can't be possessions! I wish he would finally get that through his head," she ranted more to herself than him.

Madara stifled a sigh as he said, "Maybe he was right, and he has been taking care of you for the past week and a half. You should be more grateful."

She gasped and yelled, "You're on his side aren't you! You stupid wall, I thought you were going to back me up! I don't like you anymore..."

"Too bad, it's just you and me in here so you're going to have to deal with it," he said, even though he was not the wall he still felt insulted by her words.

All of a sudden she got an idea and she said, "Wait, wall you can hear everything that goes on in the mansion right? Well, can you talk through any wall too?"

"Yes, why?" he asked and she cheerfully remarked, "I was hoping you could find Madara and scare him by telling him you will haunt him forever if he doesn't let me escape."

The Uchiha fell silent and tried not to ridicule her idea as he said, "I don't think he would fal-."

Crash!

Dust flew around at an alarming speed after the wall collapsed into a heap of rubble.

Kasumi let out a triumphant cheer and was about to go into the tunnel that was now open, but stopped when she saw Madara standing there.

"You! What... what are you doing here!" she questioned in a panicked haze.

He smirked, stepped over the rubble and said, "I don't need a reason, I'm just a talking wall after all."

She gasped and backed away. She had said a lot of not-so-good things about him to the 'wall': He would want revenge.

"So I'm an ass?" he asked and his smirk widened when she gulped and backed up even more.

The female ninja didn't say anything and just stared at him with wide eyes. He looked in an amused mood, but she knew that could change in an instant.

"You said a lot of... interesting... things just now and it got me thinking, I've been taking care of you for some time now... but you've given me nothing in return," he mused and Kasumi narrowed her eyes.

He continued, "What do you think you could give me, my little possession?"

She glared at him as he walked up to her and whispered, "I want your soul."

Then before she could do anything, he had her hand cuffed and lying on the floor in his office.

Damn, she really hated his teleportation technique.

"Look at all the destruction you caused, now do you understand why a week and a half ago I decided to watch over you personally?" he asked, but she didn't reply because she was still too stunned.

Finally she shook her head and took a few seconds to stand up before saying, "So you want my soul huh? How are you going to get it?"

Madara chuckled, "That was a distraction so I could tie you up. It was nothing compared to your pathetic kick distraction."

Scoffing, she replied, "Were back to insults? But anyway, what do I do now?"

He shrugged, "Enjoy you time out of jail and wait."

Kasumi seemed to accept that for a while so she dragged a chair over to the window and stared out of it.

At least she could see the outside world now.

"Madara, you really didn't know there was a secret way out right?" she asked casually.

He was silent for a while before he grudgingly admitted, "I hadn't the slightest clue."

To be continued...
♠ ♠ ♠
Any thoughts?