Status: It is pre-written yah

Reconnecting With My Dad

hearing the truth

Brian's Point Of View

I was sitting on the couch strumming my guitar, Zacky was on the floor, Jimmy was eating something and Johnny was listening to music and reading Harry Potter. Matt was on the phone with I'm assuming Val because of the I Love You and then he hung up and looked over at me.

"I'm sure you have already heard that your 17 year old daughter has gotten suspended again because apparently her dad doesn't care about her" Matt said.
"Yeah, I know that's why I called Mckenna" I replied.
"Who also got the rest of the day off because of you" Matt said. I gave him a look like your point being and continued to strum my guitar. Zacky, Jimmy and Johnny all looked at with me with a shocked expression.
"Fuck Brian, just listen to me" Matt said.
"Fine" I replied putting my guitar down and then looked at Matt.
"What happened to the Brian who would do anything for his little girl when Shelby left her with you" Matt asked.
"The band happened" I replied.
"But even when you were in school before the band. You have her name tattooed on you. You know how many times she called Val because Emily was drunk and crying for you but when Val would have her call you, you were with a chick. Do you want to lose her" Matt asked me, I just looked down at the floor of the bus.
"Or how about the fact your daughter is suppose to be a junior in high school but she is still a sophomore and blames it all on you" Matt said. I looked at him, I knew she was doing bad in test but she does good on homework my mom, Mckenna and dad even Val makes sure she does it. I didn't know she was kept back, it was all news to me.

"She smokes, drinks and probably does drugs. Just to forget about her parents leaving her" Matt said to me. That's when Jimmy, Zacky and Johnny left. My mouth dropped at hearing all this. I mean when I came home she was always happy I was back and we would spend time together unless we were recording like when we recorded City Of Evil. My daughter was doing all these things because of me and I felt terrible. I pulled out my cellphone and dialed Val's number know Emily probably wouldn't answer hers if I called her right now.

"Something tells me Matt talked to you" Val said as she picked up.
"Can I" I asked.
"Yeah, here she is" Val said. I heard Emily say who is it.
"Hello" Emily said.
"Hey Princess" I said.
"What do you want" Emily snapped.
"I'm sorry, I've been a terrible father" I said.
"Why are you suddenly caring now" Emily asked and then took a big gulp probably holding back tears because her voice cracked.
"Because your Uncle Matt has told me all of these things that you've been doing, and it broke my heart to hear it because you act okay when I come home. Em, I love you" I said.
"If you loved me you wouldn't pawn me off to grammy and Poppy" Emily cried.
"I did it because I didn't think I could be a good dad" I said.
"I miss you" Emily said, "I miss how we would always do things together and not just for an hour before your off to the studio like all day the daddy-daughter days we used to have." I heard Val say take a deep breath as I heard Emily cry some more.

"I miss you too. How about this get all of your school work you need for the rest of the year and why don't you come on tour" I said looking at Matt as he nodded his head with a smile.
"Really daddy" Emily said.
"Yep, I'll call Dilbert and have him give Mckenna the rest of your work" I said.
"I love you daddy" Emily said sounding happier.
"I'll get your plane ticket for Wednesday and I promise I'll meet you there" I said.
"Okay daddy, I love you here is Auntie Val" I heard Emily squeal.
"Good job Brian, I'll let your mom know" Val said.
"Actually, I'll call her but thanks Val" I said.
"No problem Bri, bye" Val said and we both hung up.

"Yay Emily is coming" Jimmy said. Matt had a bigger smile on his face.
"Guess we aren't leaving Phoenix yet" Matt said as I nodded my head. WE left the bus to go to the venue to play our show.

We were in the middle of the concert we just played Waking The Fallen and Matt stopped.
"So, Gates is pretty excited" Shads said.
"Now why is that" Zacky asked.
"He gets to see his girl" Matt said as a bunch of girls went aww.
"Wow, these people think my girlfriend, come on Shads, I know your excited too" I said.
"Damn straighter, I am because you realized you were an ass" Matt said.
"He has a nice one" A girl yelled and I winked at whoever said that.
"I get to see my Emilykins" Jimmy said.
"Rev, there will be no molesting of my" I paused.
"Puppy" Zacky said.
"If he molested Pinkly that would be weird. But no not Pinkly but my daughtter" I said.
"What Gates, you never told me" Zacky said pouting.
"Sorry V, you weren't easedropping like Rev was" I said.
"I guess your forgiven, damn I knew I should have listened in with Rev" Zacky said.
"How about we dedicate her favorite song Bat Country to her" Matt asked.
"Sounds good" I said as we started to play it. I was happy that I get to see my daughter in one day and finally spend some time with her and do all kinds of fun things in every state and every country of the world that we go.

After the show I decided to call my step-mom.

"Hello Brian" she said.
"Hey" I said.
"Why are you calling, Emily isn't here" she said.
"Yeah I know that, I just wanted to let you know, that I called Dilbert and told him that I was taking Emily out of school for the rest of the year but she will still be there" I said.
"You can not do that" she said.
"Yes, I can, she is my daughter, I'm allowed to" I said to her.
"Your father and I did not give you permission to pull her out" she said.
"Mom, it's not like she isn't going to do her work" I said then thought about it. Okay she might not because she'll be too excited about traveling.
"Brian, you and I both know that she will not. I'll only agree if you let her do homework first before fun, even if she has to miss a concert because it's not done" she said.
"Fine" I replied.
"Okay, now, I'm going over to Valary's house" she said and hung up.