Love Letters

Journal Entry #6

-------------------------------------------
From the Journal of: Echo Strife.
Dated: October 24th, 2009. 12:04 a.m.
Journal Entry
Titled:
Not All Who Wander
Are Lost.

-------------------------------------------

In the end, Shiloh came over. We apologized for our mistakes.
Relinquished it all as a misunderstanding.

For now I'm keeping him occupied with re-runs of his favorite anime, while I sit and write. Thank God he's just as tired as I am or he wouldn't be able to sit still.

I wonder why Shiloh never told me anything about his brother-in-law's death. Not my business? Yeah maybe, but I am his partner, doesn't that count for something?
All this time and I didn't even detect a single sign of distress. The worst part is he was really close to Adrian, maybe closer than his own sister. I think Shiloh was even the one who introduced Camie and Adrian back when she was in college.
It's a distressing thought to think that he could hide such heavy feelings so well.
Even more, that I didn't notice.

If I were to say a word about it...
"It's all in the past now. Forget about it, Echo. No need to feel such sorrow."
With that fraudulent smile on his face too.

Ugh. Who knew such pain would abroad with such happiness?

Shiloh wonders why I'm writing. My answer?

"Because it's the only place left to go."

Does he understand my meaning?
Not at all.
But I can live with that because I love him.