The Beautiful Patsy

Chapitre Onze

Florence looked around the cell she was in before turning her attention to November in the cell across the hall. "It's okay," he reassured her, "You don't have to tell me."

"No, it's okay..." She said taking a deep breath. "It's not like I murdered someone or something."

November sat quietly waiting for her to continue. "My friends, at least I thought they were my friends. They wanted to go shopping today, so I went. There was one necklace that Britney wanted, but it was really expensive. They told me to steal it--"

"That's what you did?" November asked, a look of indifference on his face. "No!" Florence refuted, "I told them no!" "If you didn't steal anything then why are you here instead of one of them?" He asked thinking back to his own situation. The more he thought about it, the more he wished he hadn't have asked the question.

He hadn't done anything either but he was still here. But then again, cops don't do a drug bust and decide who they're going to arrest by glossy eyes and heavy lids.

Florence sighed heavily. "That's the point. They must have slipped it in my purse." "Bitches." November whispered. Florence snorted and looked at him. "Really?" She asked. November's eyes widened, "What? They are. I mean, they got you arrested. You're in jail. The sla-" "I get it, dude. Jail." She said with her hands up.

"What about you?" Florence asked with her eyebrows raised. November looked at Marty and smiled at his now snoring cellmate. "Something similar." "What?" Florence asked sarcastically, "Did your friends slip merchandise into your purse, too?"

November laughed as he stretched his arms over his head. "No. Not that similar. I just got in a load of shit for drugs my friend, as I affectionately refer to him, was doing." "What kind?" She asked in a curious voice. "Why does it matter? Oh God, you're not a druggie too, are you?" "No! I was just wondering." Florence said quickly, nervously. "Sorry. I think it was meth or heroine. One of the ones you inject." November responded quietly. "Nice. Nice." She whispered nodding.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if there are typos. Microsoft doesn't work on my computer and I don't have spell check. Thank you for reading. Comments?