Status: Active

Scream Me a Dream - Deleted Scenes

Chapter 66: DS: Ville Babysits Aida

Ville yawned as he climbed the steps to Soya’s apartment; it had been one of their rare nights apart, as he’d been at the studio late and it was Soya’s day to spend time with her sister, but because they’d slept apart that night, he’d barley gotten any sleep. He figured since he wasn’t sleeping anyway, he might as well pay Soya a visit and see if he could take her and her sister for lunch.

He dug the keys out of his pants pockets once he reached Soya’s floor and unlocked the door, stepping into the apartment, only to freeze when he saw a pair of grey eyes pop out from behind the couch.

“Hello.” He said with a small smile as he closed the door, only for the eyes to disappear as Aida hid behind the cushions.

“Oh, isi Ville’s here.” Ville turned at the sound of his name seeing Soya at the entrance of the kitchen with her cell phone to her ear. “No, I’m sure he won’t mind, all right, I’ll see you tonight.” Soya hung up the phone and walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his waist. “Hi.”

“What won’t I mind?” Ville asked with a raised eyebrow.

“I need a huge favor.” She admitted with a shy smile, leaning up and kissing him.

“Is kissing the favor? Because I definitely won’t mind that.”

“No.” Soya laughed, kissing him again. “But it can be your reward if you do me the favor.”

“What’s the favor?” he asked, looking over at the couch when Aida popped her eyes out again, only to hide once more when their eyes made contact.

“So, the contractor on my building called a bit earlier.”

“Uh huh?” Ville nodded looking back at his girlfriend.

“And I need to go over there, but I don’t know how long I’ll be so I don’t want to take Aida with me and have her be bored as I talk business.”

“All right.” Ville nodded.

Soya bit her lip. “Ville, do you mind watching her?”

Ville blinked. “What?”

“Just for a couple of hours, I’ll try and be as quick as possible, my father’s fine with it. It’s just he’s in Sipoo right now and I don’t want him to come all the way down here just to pick her up.”

“Soya.” Ville looked over at the couch, before pulling Soya into the kitchen, not wanting Aida to hear his hesitancy.

“I mean, Linde’s told me you’ve watched Olivia before, and you told me that you’ve had Impi for weekends while Rosalind and Jyrki go out.”

“Because I’ve watched Olivia and Impi grow up Soya, I know how to take care of them. I’m their uncle Ville. I don’t know Aida, and Aida doesn’t know me.”

“Then this is a great time to get to know each other!” Soya grinned.

“Soya, she can barley look me in the eye, let alone talk to me. I’m pretty sure she hates me.”

“No! She doesn’t hate you! She likes you, she’s told me so!” Soya assured. “She just doesn’t know how to interact with people she doesn’t know. She’s shy, like me! And you like me shy!”

“Well yes, Soya, but that’s different.” Ville sighed not sure why he was bothering fighting it. At the end of the day, no matter what Soya asked of him he’d do it. “Fine.”

“Really?”

“Just put in a movie right?”

Soya nodded. “Right. She’s in the living room coloring, lunch is ready so whenever Aida gets hungry just feed her.” She went over and hugged her boyfriend. “Thank you so much Ville.”

Ville nodded, kissing the top of her head. “Of course.” He let her go and watched as she left the kitchen to go to her room, leaning against the jamb of kitchen entrance watching as Soya came out of her room, her purse over her shoulder, kissing him one last time.

“I’ll try and be quick.”

“It’s fine, Soya.” Ville assured, watching her give a small smile before going over the couch and leaning over the back of it to look at her sister.

“ Aion mennä töihin vähän, jooko? Ville katsella sinua, jos tarvitset jotakin vain hän tietää, okei? Rakastan sinua” (I’m going to go to work for a bit all right? Ville is going to watch you, if you need anything, just let him know all right? Love you.) Soya said, kissing her sister before looking at Ville.

“Go, we’ll be fine.”

Soya nodded once more before leaving the apartment, leaving Ville and Aida alone. Ville sighed before going towards the couch where he saw Aida laying with a coloring book in front of her and a box of colored pencils on the floor next to her. She looked up briefly, before looking back down at her coloring book and picking the pink pencil up.

“All right.” Ville said, walking over to the entertainment center looking at the movies Soya had. “So, Aida, have any movies you want to watch?” he asked, looking over his shoulder at the young girl who kept her eyes on her book.

Ville sighed as he looked through the DVD’s, usually when Olivia and Impi were being difficult and indecisive he’d put in a scary movie, and after five minutes they’d finally choose a movie they wanted to watch. He had a feeling it wouldn’t go over really well with Aida. “Soya has Cinderella…want to watch that one?” he asked, looking back over at Aida, who was going through her colored pencils that sat on the floor.

Ville sighed and moved towards the couch, crouching down next to her. “I know you don’t know me.” He said softly. “And you really don’t even have to talk or look at me, but at least help me out with a nod.”

Aida finally looked up at him with a frown, causing Ville to frown back only to wince when he realized he’d been speaking English, he and Soya switched back and forth with such ease that he hadn’t realized that he’d been speaking English, when Soya had spoken Finnish to Aida earlier. “ Anteeksi. Soya kertoi et ymmärrä paljon Englanti.” (Sorry, Soya told me you only understand a bit of English)

He watched as Aida bit her lip, a small smile crossing her lips before she looked down at her coloring book. “Se on okei.”(It’s okay) she said so softly he nearly missed it. She crawled off the couch and went towards the entertainment center, opening the bottom drawer below the TV and pulling out a movie. She brought it back to him causing him to raise his eyebrow.

“Madagascar?” he said with a smirk, looking at her.

“Se on ainoa soija on suomalainen.”(It’s the only one Soya has in Finnish.) Aida said quietly climbing back onto the couch, laying on her stomach and looking back at her book.

Ville nodded knowing that Soya had the second one in Finnish as well. Standing up, he put the movie in the DVD player, letting it play before sitting on the couch, resting his feet on the coffee table and grabbing the remote from the cushion by his side.

He turned to Aida before he pressed play. “Mielestäni Soya popcornia, haluat minun saada sinulle?” (I think Soya has some popcorn, do you want me to get you some?)

Aida shook her head as she looked down at her box of pencils and thumbed through them looking for another color.

“All right.” Ville nodded, pressing play and letting the movie run as he rested on the couch. It was amazing how nervous he was just babysitting Soya’s eight year old sister. It wasn’t until that moment that he realized just how much Aida’s opinion of him mattered. Sighing, he closed his eyes as he leaned his head back on the couch, trying to figure out a way to get to know Aida without pushing her to much, because if Aida was anything like Soya, pushing wouldn’t get him anywhere.

“Olet Moto-Moto.”(You’re Moto-Moto) Aida said quietly, causing Ville to open his eyes and look over at her, only to find her staring back at him in interest.

“Olen”(I am) he said slowly, wondering where the little girl was going with the conversation.

Aida nodded slowly. “En tykännyt Moto-Moto”(I didn’t like Moto-Moto)

Ville felt himself deflated as he heard her quiet voice, knowing that in kids’ minds, when they didn’t like a character it usually meant they didn’t like the person. “Oh.” he said quietly, looking back at the TV, though he felt Aida continue to stare at him. He heard her sigh only for him to look back at her.

“Sisareni todella rakastaa sinua ,vai?” (My sister really loves you, huh?)

Ville raised an eyebrow, not sure what it was with the Toivonens and using the word ‘love’ when it came to his and Soya’s relationship. “Haluan luulee välittää minulle paljon” (I like to think she cares for me a lot) he answered carefully.

“Rakastatko häntä?” (Do you love her?)

“Ah...” Ville chuckled, knowing there really wasn’t a difference with kids between the word ‘love’ and ‘like a lot’ “Saan siellä.”(I’m getting there) he said vaguely, although he smiled lightly at Aida.

Aida nodded slowly as if contemplating something before she looked back up at him. “Valehtelin” (I lied)

Ville frowned at her. “Mistä?”(About?)

Aida sighed. “I can speak English.”

Ville laughed. “Can you?”

“And I did like Moto-Moto.” Aida said with a roll of her eyes.

“Good to know.” Ville chuckled.

“You’re not mad?” Aida asked with a frown.

Ville shook his head. “Why would I be mad?”

“I lied.”

“You didn’t lie, I assumed.” Ville shrugged. “It’s not like speaking Finnish is that hard for me.” he turned and winked at her. “I also grew up speaking it, you know. As for lying about not liking Motto-Motto,” Ville shrugged. “Honestly I’m more worried about you not liking me.”

Aida frowned at him. “But Soya likes you.”

Ville chuckled. “Sure, but Soya isn’t you.” he looked at her and could tell that much like Soya, Aida acted much older than she was. “Can I speak freely?”

Aida eyed him before nodding slowly. “Okay.”

“You mean a whole lot to Soya, you know that? No matter how old you are or where you are, you’re always going to be a large part of Soya’s life. It’s something that cannot and will not change, you know that, right?”

Aida frowned but nodded. “I know.” she said quietly.

“And I want to be a large part of Soya’s life as well.” He said carefully. “And I know that in being in her life, I need to get to know you, I want to get to know you.” Ville shrugged. “I’m just hoping you give me that chance.”

He watched her carefully as she tugged her lower lip into her mouth, much like Soya would when she contemplated something, before giving a small nod. She got off the couch and went towards the door, picking up a pink backpack that sat near the doorway and bringing it to the couch. She unzipped the bag and pulled out multiple coloring books setting them on the coffee table and sitting in front of them.

Ville frowned at her, not sure what had just come of their conversation, only to smile when Aida looked up at him and nudged the box of pencils towards him. “Wanna color with me?”

“Sure.” Ville said setting the box on the table and picking through the coloring books.

Two hours, one large veggie pizza, four cokes and two movies later, they both looked up when Soya walked in through the door.

“I didn’t mean to take so long.” Soya said instantly dropping her purse on the ground and closing the door behind her. “Did you guys order pizza?”

“We left you some.” Aida said getting up from the floor. “Want me to get it for you?”

“Would you sweetheart? I’m starving.” Soya said, kissing the top of her sister’s head as Aida went to the kitchen and Soya fell onto the couch behind her boyfriend. “Had fun today?”

“Aida’s a sweet kid, we had fun.”

Soya grinned and looked at the table where Ville was still coloring with Aida. “She must really like you.”

Ville frowned. “Why do you say that?”

“Aida doesn’t just let anyone color in her books.” Soya said with a grin, kissing his cheek. “She’s a perfectionist when it comes to her coloring books; everything has to be inside the lines and the right colors. She must really like you to let you color in her books and let you color the duck red, that’s huge.” Soya laughed. “I’m sort of jealous; she doesn’t even let me color the ducks red.”

Ville grinned. “I’m just likable.”

“Soya? Do you want water?” Aida asked.

Soya groaned as she got off the couch. “I’ll grab it.” Soya called back, before smiling down at her boyfriend. “You are very likable, love. See? I told you it wouldn’t be so bad.” she teased before going towards the kitchen.

Ville looked down at the coloring book with a smile. It was a small act on Aida’s part, allowing him to color in her books, but it meant so much to him. He looked back up when Aida and Soya came out of the kitchen, Aida sitting next to him while Soya took a seat on the couch behind him.

”What’s next?” Aida asked. “The movie’s over.”

Soya swallowed the piece of pizza she had in her mouth before nudging Ville’s side with her shoe. “Pick a book and read.”

“Really?” Ville asked.

“Oh yes!” Aida said getting up. “I’ll pick it! Soya, where’s the one about the pig and the spider?”

“Charlotte’s Web.” Soya laughed “and it’s in the guest room where you left it last.”

“Can you read that one?” Aida asked Ville.

“Sure, go get it.” Ville nodded, watching as she rushed out of the room.

Soya grinned, leaning down and kissing the side of his neck. “I’m glad you guys get along.”

Ville turned and kissed her lightly. “Believe me when I say, I’m glad too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
And here is the deleted scene of Ville babysitting Aida. Just wanted to show how Ville charms his way into Aida's good side :P

Hope you all enjoyed! Can't wait to see what you guys thought!!!

-Kassandra