Status: Active

Scream Me a Dream - Deleted Scenes

Extended Scene: Tell Me Something:

November 23, 2010
1:00am


“Tell me something I don’t know.” Ville said, his fingers tracing the blank space over her shoulder blades that would soon hold her new tattoo.

“I despise Josef’s cooking.” Soya laughed, turning her face to lie on Ville’s pillow. “The man can survive on oatmeal and protein shakes, a girl just can’t live that way.”

Ville laughed. “Soya.”

Soya sighed and turned around to rest on her back, Ville propping himself up on his elbow as he lay on his side next to her. “I wrote you a letter when I first left.”

“Did you?”

“I did.” Soya said giving a slight nod.

“I never got it.”

“Because I never sent it.” Soya said looking up at him, moving to mimic his position, propping herself up on her side.

“Why not?”

Soya shrugged. “I wrote it, put it in an envelope, even addressed it and thought about sending it, before just stuffing it in one of my desk drawers and forgetting about it.”

“You forgot about it?”Ville teased.

Soya rolled her eyes at herself. “All right, tried to forget about it.”

“What was in the letter?”

“Mmmm, let’s see, I’m pretty sure it said that I missed you, and that I never wanted to leave home in the first place, and not to feel as if it were your fault that I got sent away.” Soya said with a slight frown, only to laugh. “And oh yes, I’m pretty sure I wrote my undying love for you in the letter as well.”

Ville laughed as he moved her so she was lying on her back with him hovering over her. “Really?”

Soya laughed at herself, as she thought about the unsent letter. “I’ve told you, I had the biggest crush on you, so when I wrote the letter, I wanted to tell you that I loved you.”

“What happened to it?”

Soya frowned as she thought about it, before remembering. “I was packing up my things; it was the last night I was going to be spending in the Juilliard dorms as I was going to be heading back home for my first tour.” She nodded as she remembered what had happened. “I had argued with my mother that night, she kept going on and on about how when I went home I was to rehearse, eat and sleep in that order. I, on the other hand, wanted to have a life outside of dance. I wanted to see you. I wanted to see Linde and Mige. I wanted to see one of your concerts, as you’d gotten ridiculously famous by then.” She teased, rubbing her thumb down his cheek as he grinned.

“What happened?”

“My mother told me I wasn’t allowed any place other then with the company, and if I disobeyed she would know, I went back to my dorm, angry, frustrated with the situation and myself.” She shook her head. “So I started packing up my desk and I found the letter.” She sighed. “I opened it and reread it, got even angrier, ripped it up and threw it away.”

“Why did you do that?”

Soya shrugged. “I convinced myself that even if you had liked me the way I had liked you that you’d wouldn’t want to be with me. So I told myself that it was just some puppy crush and if by chance we did see each other again when I got home I’d be content in just being your friend. Which is what made me angry again because I figured you didn’t even want to be my friend, and that’s when I ripped the letter.”

“The mind of a young girl is mindboggling, I hope you know that.”

Soya laughed. “I do.”

“But you went to go see my parents when you came back didn’t you?” Ville asked, “That’s how you ended up with the picture of us.”

“I snuck off and went to see them, yes, they took me to lunch and told me that you missed me just as much as I missed you.”

“Did they also tell you that I cared for you just as you cared for me?”

“They did.” Soya laughed. “But I didn’t believe them.”

Ville laughed, kissing her forehead. “What I felt for you then,” Ville shook his head. “I liked you far more then I should have Soya, but it’s not until now that I really realize what ‘love’ is.”

Soya wrinkled her nose at him. “It wouldn’t have worked with us back then, Ville. We weren’t ready for each other. Your turn.”

“My turn?”

“Tell me something I don’t know.”

“What do you want to know?”

Soya rubbed his back, as he rested his weight on her. “Tell me what made you get sober.”

“You’ve read the interviews.” Ville said with a shrug.

“But I haven’t heard it from you.” Soya pointed out.

“When blood starts coming out of every orifice, it’s time to go to rehab.” Ville said, kissing the center of her chest, before resting his chin there. “As a Fin, you drink, mostly because there’s nothing to do other then drink, mix in touring and free alcohol; it’s easy to lose yourself. It’s easy to self destruct.” He closed his eyes when he felt her hands run through his hair. “It’s hard to admit you have a problem, but when everything starts to fall apart around you and when a doctor tells you that if you keep drinking the way you do your heart is going to fail, you learn to do it.”

He opened his eyes and smiled lightly at her. “I’m healthy now, have been for a four years, I’m still a miserable fuck a lot of the times, but I’ve found a way to deal with my issues and…” he kissed her chest again. “I’m a lot happier now.”

“What happened before you went to rehab?”

Ville chuckled lowly, leaning down to kiss her stomach. “You wouldn’t have asked if you don’t already know.”

“Ville.” Soya said tugging lightly on his hair.

“I wanted one last good binge before I went off to rehab and sobered up. Bam was up here visiting and humored me; we drank everything we could find, I took more than a few pills as well. Scared the shit out of Bam when I started having an asthma attack, he called an ambulance, I went to the hospital, next morning I was released and I went off to Promises and got sober. Your turn.”

Soya laughed knowing Ville wouldn’t say more on the subject and also didn’t want her pity so she allowed him to change the subject. “All right, what do you want to know?”

“Tell me about high school.”

Soya groaned. “Of everything I haven’t told you, you want to know about my horrible years in high school?”

“You’re so silent about your first few years in the states, I want to know why.”

“Because they’re not the greatest years.”

“Tell me why.”

Soya sighed as she thought back to the horrible years that were high school. “I never had any free time while in high school, I went to class, after class I went to Juilliard where I again went to classes, didn’t get out until around 10, then went back to my dorm and did my homework. If I wasn’t exhausted after my homework was done, I’d go to one of the studios and dance.”

“This doesn’t explain why you don’t talk about high school.”

“I’m getting to it.” Soya laughed, motioning him to move as she sat up wrapping the sheet around her body as Ville lay on his back looking up at her as she sat cross legged on the bed pulling the sheet around her.

“About a month after I started my new school, my books started disappearing from my locker; I didn’t think much of it, just thought it was a silly little prank by the older students as I wasn’t the only person it had happened to. By the end of the day they would either reappear back in my locker or I’d find them in random places around the school. Then a few months later, my bag ripped in the middle of the hall as I was rushing to class, it was a brand new bag that Josef had bought me to make up for dropping me in one of our dance classes and when I looked at it at the end of the day, the bottom seam had been ripped.”

Soya rolled her eyes at herself. “I thought I had caught it on something and when I told Josef about it, he thought it was a bit suspicious but let it go and bought me a new one. That one didn’t last but a week before it ripped again. Again I told Josef,” Soya laughed at herself. “Really I was in tears when I told him that I had ripped another one.”

“What type of bag was it?” Ville asked sitting up in bed, covering up with the comforter as he leaned back against the headboard.

Soya frowned as she thought about the bags Josef had bought her, “The first two were a gray canvas backpack that Josef had gotten from, god I think it was a Nordstrom. Then the last was dark brown leather backpack. I really wasn’t fond of the leather, but Josef said that it was the one he was getting for me so I took it.”

“That one ripped too?”

Soya nodded. “It did, when I took it to Josef, we figured out that the bottoms of my bags were being cut.”

“I’m guessing Josef was pissed.”

So angry.” Soya laughed. “But very protective, he asked if I was having any issues with any of my classmates. And I told him that I barely knew my classmates names to have problems with them, I never talked to anyone at school or got to know anyone because I focused on school more than the people around me. So we both shrugged it off as some older student picking fun at me. So I took to carrying my books to class.”

“Sounds…”

“Tame.” Soya finished with a nod. “It was at first, until the harassment got a bit more vocal. Things would be murmured when I walked down the hall; I was being called stuck-up as well as a prude, though that one didn’t bug me as much as Josef called me that all the time. The pranks got a bit more vicious, I got locked in a girls stall once, it took me a few minutes while the girls laughed for me to figure out I could just crawl under the door.”

“It wasn’t until I came back to the dorms late for my dance class soaking wet that Josef finally got fed up and made me tell him everything that was happening.”

“What happened?”

“I was so exhausted from my schedule that I made the mistake of falling asleep in one of the chairs in the library during my free period. A few of the girls that had been harassing me, saw me, grabbed me and took me to the pool where the proceeded to throw me in fully clothed into the deep end.”

Ville narrowed his eyes. “I thought you didn’t know how to swim.”

“I didn’t…” Soya muttered, “I guess another student saw them carrying me, told a teacher and the teacher pulled me out.”

“You passed out didn’t you?”

“I swallowed a lot of water.” Soya nodded. “When I woke up in the nurse’s office instead of freaking out over having been nearly drowned, I started freaking out because I was late to my dance classes.”

“Only you.” Ville chuckled.

“When I told Josef what happened, he went down to my school looking for blood.” Soya rolled her eyes at her best friend’s behavior. “I guess he ran into the girl that had told the teacher what was happening and she told him why I was being harassed.”

“Which was?” Ville prompted wondering why girls would harass a classmate they hadn’t even talked to.

“I guess some of the girls thought that I was acting as if I were above everyone, with the way I never interacted with anybody, left right after school and got teacher permission to do group projects on my own. So they thought they were bringing me down from a high horse that I was never on. Josef was pissed to say the least and went off on this girl.” Soya shrugged. “I guess it scared the girl so much that she spread it around school that I had a big bad boyfriend and after that no one really outwardly bothered me.”

“But…” Ville hedged.

“But I would still get nasty notes in my locker, looks when I walked down the hall.” Soya shrugged. “I never really took an interest in people at school, mostly I just wanted to get in and out and make my years in New York go by fast so I could just go home. I always figured that if I did exceedingly well in school and my dance classes, my parents would see and allow me to study dance back at home.”

“And that didn’t happen.” Ville sighed.

“But in my defense, no one ever stopped to talk to me at my school. I got along better with the people at Juilliard then I did with the people at my prep school. No one at school really asked why I left right after school, or why I focused so much on my studies or that the reason my teachers gave me permission to work on group projects by myself was because the only time I’d be able to meet with a group would at ridiculous hours of the night or early morning and I didn’t want to put any of my classmates in that position because I didn’t have a flexible schedule.” Soya shrugged again. “So there you have it, my hellish high school years.”

“Is that why you freaked out at Bam’s when he and his friends dumped water on us that one morning?” Ville asked, remembering how fast Soya had jumped out of the bed and towards the door, which had in turn caused her to twist her ankle.

“Ah, part of it,” Soya laughed. “The other part was that the older girls in the dorms use to dump water on the younger girls to wake us up on the weekend, I took to waking up a lot earlier then I needed to or not going to sleep at all to avoid getting water dumped on me. Again, my hellish high school years, but without them I would never have gotten Rosalind and Josef as my best friends, so in a way, I guess they were good years as well.”

“I’m not sure that’s a good thing either.” Ville laughed, causing Soya to laugh as well.

“All right your turn.”

“All right.” Ville nodded.

Soya bit her lip as she taught about what she wanted to know about Ville. Truthfully most of everything about his life she’d read in interviews or were publicized in the Finnish magazines she’d read while in New York. And everything about his life in the past from before they met to when they’d parted she’d already known because they’d talked about their lives every time they met. But the nosy part of her knew what she wanted to ask.

“You’re thinking pretty hard over there.” Ville teased.

“I’m thinking of a way to ask this question without sounding accusing.”

Ville shrugged. “Just ask.”

“I read that you broke up with Jonna in a phone call.” Soya said. “True or false?”

“I’d also read a text.” Ville laughed. “False, I was on tour and we’d been arguing a lot. We had some pretty nasty fights over the phone, and I got tired of it so we agreed to talk when I got back home. We did and we broke it off, I’m not saying everything went wonderfully, we didn’t have a good break up or relationship by any means, but we did break up in person, though I wish we’d done it over the phone. Was that all you’d wanted to know?”

“You know I don’t like talking about her, I just…”

“You were curious; you have the right to be.” Ville said with a shrug. “I don’t talk about my past relationships out of respect for you, but if you ask I’ll answer. I have nothing to hide; you on the other hand, hide a lot.”

“Like what!” Soya asked with a gasp. “I may avoid talking about things but I never hide anything.

“What about when you first met The Dudesons!”

Soya groaned, “Okay that I hide, do I really have to?”

“Go on, tell me what happened.” Ville teased.

“This doesn’t leave the room Ville!”

Ville nodded with a grin. “I promise.”

Soya sighed. “They gave me a laxative.”

“What?!” Ville laughed, looking at her in shock as she crossed her arms over her chest and glared at him.

“You heard me. Jarppi swears it was a mild one, but I have my doubts.”

“What in the world happened?” Ville laughed.

Soya rolled her eyes as she told the story “Hannu convinced me to help them with this skit they wanted to do, so after one of our dance classes during one of my very rare free afternoons I agreed to let them use the studio that Mr. Jolien would let me practice in. When I first met them, they seemed nice enough if not a bit hyper, but they were friends of Hannu’s so I couldn’t judge, since Hannu could get just as riled up. About an hour later they finished whatever it was Jarno wanted to film and invited me out to lunch.”

“You didn’t see what they filmed?”

Soya shook her head. “No, I went into another studio to practice.”

“So you went to lunch with them?” Ville prompted.

“I didn’t want to; I wanted to get home, relax a bit before they got home, but Hannu insisted that he wanted me to get to know his friends. He’d been trying to get me to meet them since I’d met him, so I changed and went out to lunch with them.”

“And they gave you a laxative?”

Soya sighed. “We were talking and I saw Nathan outside the restaurant we were in, waiting for me, so I excused myself and went out to talk to him. According to Hannu, while I was outside talking to Nathan, Jarppi, Jarno and Jukka thought it would be hilarious to put half a laxative in my food. It wasn’t.”

Ville rubbed his mouth to keep his laughter in, though by the glare Soya was giving him, he knew he was failing. “Sorry, sorry, so what happened?”

“Well what do you think happened!?” Soya asked throwing her hands up. “We finished lunch, I left because I wasn’t feeling well, Nathan drove me home, and I spent the rest of the night in the bathroom.”

“That story is better than I could have ever imagined it.” Ville laughed.

“Jerk.”

“HP said you got them back.”

“Technically I didn’t get them back; Hannu got them back for me. There’s video of it somewhere in Jarno’s collection of video.”

“What did he do?”

Soya bit her lip as she hid her smile. “Uh…you’ve seen their movie right?”

“I have.”

“You know when they light Jarno on fire?”

“I do.”

“Yeah…HP did that to all of them…just in a region, much more south.”

Ville winced. “That’s just mean.”

Soya shrugged, but the smile on her face showed that she was anything but indifferent. “I felt it was just, they messed with…my southern regions. HP messed with theirs.”

Ville laughed. “I guess it is just.”

“They’re fine; I mean if Jarppi is able to procreate then I’m sure the rest of them are too.”

Ville laughed. “True.”

“Speaking of procreating, your turn. How many kids do you want us to have?” Soya said, leaning towards him and resting her chin on his chest as his arms circled around her waist.

Ville chuckled, kissing her temple, as he thought about how big of a family he wanted to have with Soya. “I think two is a nice round number. That way they don’t outnumber us.”

Soya laughed. “One for each of us?”

Ville nodded, “I think so, why how many did you want?”

Soya shrugged. “Five or six.”

Ville laughed, “I don’t know who your having that brood with, but it’s not me.”

Soya laughed, kissing his chest. “I’ve always wanted a big family, even a stupid little mutt of a dog running around.”

“I think I can only handle three at maximum Soya, no more, that’s midway between the six you want. A nice compromise.”

“We’re compromising about how many kids we’re going to have?”

“I think we are.” Ville nodded.

Soya sighed, “Fine, I can deal with three, but I want to have them at least a year apart from each other.”

“I’ll keep that in mind when we start the process of procreating.” Ville said with a roll of his eyes. “Your turn.”

Soya laughed. “All right, but it’s nearing three so make this questions quick.”

“Given the chance would you have taken Aida to New York with you.”

“Without hesitation, yes.” Soya said, leaning up to kiss the bottom of his chin, before climbing out of bed. “I’m going to go brush my teeth, be right back.”

Ville nodded, watching as she gathered her black nightgown from the floor and made her way out of the bedroom, down the hall to the bathroom. He laid back on the bed, his arms crossing over his arms resting over them on his pillow. He stared at the ceiling, his eyes drifting closed in sleep. He felt Soya come back to bed, curling herself to his side, her arm wrapping around his waist. He absently dropped his arm around her back, his fingers dancing along her hip.

“Hyvää yötä Ville, rakastan sinua.” She whispered.

“Good night Soya, love you too.” He whispered back to her, kissing the top of her head. While their pillow talk was in no way conventional, he couldn’t help but love their midnight talks. There were no judgments, just questions and answers. He kissed the top of Soya’s head and closed his eyes to sleep, deciding that this was definitely the best close to one of his birthdays the he could remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all enjoyed this little Ville/Soya scene, it was a fun and quick one to write!!!

Just note, that any information about Ville I put in here I got from interviews I had read of Ville as well as video from him.

-Kassandra