Status: Coming Very Soon (After Prologue)

Starlight

Prologue

I woke up after another restless night spent tossing and turning. I had been dreading this day ever since I heard the news. The sun tried to peek through my eyelids but I closed them tightly. I wasn't in a hurry to get up but we had a big day ahead of us. I rubbed my eyes, regaining my vision.

"Fernando," I turned over and ran my hand gently through his hair, "it's time to wake up." He let out a groan and pulled me into him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck. I closed my eyes, saving this moment forever. I didn't know when it would happen again.

"We have to get going, your flight leaves soon," I whispered. I felt his grip around me tighten and I chuckled softly.

"Shh," he purred. He kissed my neck and left a trail of innocent pecks down my arm. I felt my skin get goosebumps. I was always victim to his touch, he had a way with his hands. Well, that or I'm just completely vulnerable to anything he did to me. Most likely the latter.

"I'm going to miss you so much," he said in between kisses. I smiled even though my heart was being ripped apart. "Me too," I sighed. We had spent the last three years attached to the hip, but now he was leaving for Liverpool.

He let me go and got himself out of the bed. I watched his toned body walk over to the bathroom. The sun shined through the window, illuminating the room and making his tanned skin glisten. I admired every sculpted muscle as he began taking off his boxers. He tossed them onto the floor carelessly and turned the shower on.

He caught me staring, "Are you gonna come in here with me or are you just going to lay there and watch?" I smiled coyly and slipped out of my panties and bra.

It was unusually hot today. My legs stuck to the leather seats of Fernando's car and my hair clung to the back of my neck. I poked my head out of the window and let the wind blow through my hair.

I had a hard time imagining what was going through his mind at this point. I knew he was going to miss Spain but the opportunity to play for such a great club doesn't come often. This was what was best for him and he had to go through with it even if it wasn't the best for us.

Fernando switched the radio on and our song was playing. I glanced at Fernando and saw him smile. I grabbed his hand and placed it on my knee. He squeezed it tenderly and kissed my hand. The car ride was silent but there wasn't anything we could say that would make his leave any easier.

We pulled up slowly to the airport. I helped Fernando get his luggage out from the trunk and followed him until we reached security. I didn't want to say good-bye.

"I love you," he cooed, cupping my face with his soft hands. I looked down and bit my lip, trying to stifle my tears. I could feel them forming and as Fernando lifted my chin with his finger, a single hot tear fell.

"I love you too," I murmured as more tears stained my cheeks.

"Don't cry, Camila, I'll be back before you can even miss me."

I shook my head, "I miss you already."

He frowned and pulled me into his warm arms. I couldn't imagine not seeing him for a year--or even longer. I looked up into his honey eyes. Only his eyes could twinkle under shitty airport lighting. I'm definitely going to miss those eyes.

Fernando leaned down and teased my lips, brushing his against mine ever so lightly. I put my hands around his neck and drew him even closer. Our lips touched and it was like I was kissing him for the first time again. Except, this kiss was filled with affection and longing. Our eyes were still closed when we pulled away. I opened my eyes and wiped away a stray tear.

"Call me when you get there, okay?" I said while caressing his cheek.

He took my hands in his and kissed them, "Of course."

He let go of my hands slowly and kissed me one last time before walking to security. He turned his head back to me, his eyes showed immense hurt.

"I love you," he mouthed. I smiled and blew him a kiss. I watched in sadness as he went through security and headed towards his terminal.

I could already sense a hole forming in my heart. We wouldn't be the same after this.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Let me know! Thanks to those who have already subscribed to this story, you're the best<3

Thanks for reading and any comments are appreciated. :)

xx