Status: Coming Very Soon (After Prologue)

Starlight

One

Three years later...

"Roman, stop!" I giggled as I put my arms up, shielding myself from the flash and unforgiving lens of his camera.

"Nope, looks like you're going to have to take it from me," he challenged while lifting his arm up as high as he could above me, camera in hand. I put my hand on my hip and scratched my head, thinking of an easier way to end this photographic torture. There was only one way.

I took a quick and clumsy leap but just ended up crashing into Roman, forcing him to fall backwards onto the couch.

"I think I love your clumsiness," he said with a cheeky smile.

"Whatever gets me on top of you, right?"

"Exactly," he replied as he snapped other photo.

I hit his arm playfully, "You could have at least turned the flash off, ass."

As I regained my vision after practically being blinded, I made my way into the kitchen.

"I know photography is your passion, but do you really need to take photos of me every second of every day?" I asked as he got up from the couch and made his way over to me.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck softly, "Of course I do. If I didn't then I wouldn't be taking advantage of having such a beautiful girlfriend."

I smiled and turned around to face him, "Good answer."

Roman and I have been dating for almost two years. He's the best thing that's happened to me since...him. He doesn't know I dated Fernando and if he did he would probably call me a liar. During the World Cup I had to endure the most painful heartache and anger. I wanted to yell and scream "fuck you" to the screen every time he was on it, but Roman wouldn't understand and I didn't want to delve into the subject.

The lights were off and I was about to fall asleep when Roman suddenly blurted out something no person in a relationship ever wants to hear.

"I need to talk to you."

I felt my heart beat a little faster but I tried not to psych myself out. Knowing Roman, he probably just needs me to get more shampoo or another minuet thing like that.

I rolled over to turn the lamp on my nightstand on and faced Roman with curious but hopeful eyes.

"About what?"

"There's this job. It's a really great opportunity, babe," he paused, trying to find the right wording to whatever it was that he was trying to say. His hands framed his face as he was deep in thought before he intertwined them with mine. His eyes were focused on me.

"It's a job to photograph a highly respected team in the EPL. It's such an amazing opportunity. It's something I've always wanted to do," he gushed. I admired his drive and passion, it was something that always attracted me to him.

"Then what's stopping you? Go for it," I smiled. His happiness was always contagious.

He took a deep breath and tightened the grip on my hands, "I have to move to England."

I felt a lump start to form in the back of my throat. Roman's grey eyes were locked with mine but his didn't show disappointment.

"How are you not upset about this?" My voice cracked. It seemed like yet another guy was walking out of my life and there was no sign of remorse.

"Because you're coming with me," he replied, nonchalant.

I bolted upright in the bed and threw my arms around him. "Are you serious?" I squealed.

"Only if you say yes," he answered.

"Wait," I suddenly realized that there was a problem, "what about my job?"

"Cam, with the money I'll be making, you won't even need to work," he smirked.

I let out a small chuckle, "All right. So, when is this happening? When are we starting this new life?"

"Late October, early November. It really depends, but either way we're going to be together and our life is going to be much better."

I sighed and looked around our apartment. The roof leaked every once in a while, which is more than enough times for the average person, and our wooden floors creaked like hell. It was time for a change. I looked back up at Roman and saw him smiling at me, his crooked white smile radiated charm. I think the word swoon could define the way I felt at this moment. Or, any moment when he smiled at me.

"I'm so lucky to have you, Roman," I murmured as I moved closer to him, outlining his wide frame with mine.

He grazed my shoulder with his arm and pulled me just an inch closer. "No, I'm the lucky one."

I kissed his jawline; my lips felt a slight burning tingle from his stubble. It would only be a couple more months until everything would fall into place. My life would turn into what it was supposed to be.

I woke up to the smell of a homemade breakfast flirting with my senses. I pulled the comforter off from on top of me and made my way into the kitchen. Roman had already set the table and put an assortment of delicious foods on plates. I could feel myself drooling.

"This smells and looks so amazing, Roman. But, what's the occasion?" I asked.

He turned around, spatula in hand, and simply said, "Does there need to be an occasion?"

I shrugged in agreement and took a seat at the table. I was soon joined by Roman and his chipper demeanor.

"You're in a great mood today. I love it," I told him as I took a sip of the freshly brewed espresso he had made.

"I have every reason to be. I have my dream job, my dream girl, and now I'm going to have the dream life. There's nothing not to love about it," he replied, winking at me.

"I love you," I said as my hand rubbed his knee.

He put his hand over mine and caressed it tenderly, "I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Sorry for not updating as consistently as I should. I had written a new chapter for Vita Bella but I accidentally exited out of the window without copying/saving what I had written. Needless to say, I was upset, haha. I know this chapter probably won't make up for the lack of updates because there is no Fernando but don't worry, he's coming! New Vita Bella should be out within the next week.

Anywho, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! All of your comments mean a lot to me so thank you all who are doing it<3

Happy Holidays!
xx