City of the Damned

Chapter 1

When i woke, it was dark. But my clock read 9:30am. Still it was the middle of winter, so it's bound to be a little dark. I rolled out of bed and went into my bathroom.I ran the water for the shower and left to grab some clean clothes. When i went back in bathroom, i put my hand under the downfall of water. It was ice cold. Strange. No one said the hot water was going off. I'd have to do without a shower for today. I shoved on some deoderant and clean clothes and headed upstairs. I flicked the switch for the kitchen. Nothing. I sighed. Today was gonna be a long day. I checked all the other lights just in case. Still nothing. I had to rummage around in the dark to find all of my things. My jacket was black, so that didn't help. But i eventually found it hidden behind the sofa. I had the feeling i was gonna be late for work. I worked in a big office block in the middle of Chicago. I still wasn't exactly sure what i did there, but hey, it payed the bills. I glanced at my watch. it read 9:45. 15 minutes to get into work. I hoped i could make it. My boss was very big on time keeping. It annoyed me though because half of the time, he was late. If you told him that, he'd fire you. He was a crazy bastard, but then again, so am i. I grabbed my car keys off the side board and opened the front door. What met my eyes would scar me for life. I let out a scream as i saw 3 bodies laying in front of my house. Their throats ripped out, it wasn't a pleasant sight. I realised why it was so dark. The sun was nowhere to be seen, but the moon was out, big and mocking. Daylight was gone. Hell was here.

Ok really short chapter, but nevermind.
I need close friends or possibly girlfriends for the rest of the band. If you don't know who the band is, then read my profile and i'm sure you'll realise