City of the Damned

Chapter 4

I sat in the dim light of the club, trying to make sense of the books Caz had brought me. As i was reading, two more girls walked in. One had long blonde hair and green eyes and was about an inch taller than the other, who had dark brown hair, just past her shoulder and blue/grey eyes.
'Hey,' said the blonde one, smiling at me. She held out her hand. 'Tess.' I shook her hand politely. 'Ebony,' i replied. I looked at the dark haired girl.
'Kellie,' she said, shaking my hand absent-mindedly, before going to hug the guy with the glasses.
He hugged her gently back. She screwed up her face. 'Where have you been? You stink!'
'Thanks,' he frowned a little. 'I guess i do. I'm gonna go get a shower.' He still hadn't let go of that head since he came in. He threw it to Gerard, who caught it. He grinned at Tess.
'Come give me a hug, baby,' he said, the head in his hand.
'No chance!' she scoffed. He dropped it to the floor.
'How about now?'
'Ok,' she smiled at went to hug him. He wiped the blood on his trousers and hugged her. She pulled back slightly.
'You smell too.'
'I love you aswell,' She raised her eyebrows. 'Ok, ok, i'll go take a shower.' he headed in the direction Mikey had gone.
'Gerard, honey? Mikey's in the shower.'
Gerard shrugged. 'So?'
'So...... you can't go in. Mikey's in the shower.'
'I'm sure he won't mind sharing.' he smiled slightly.
'But.... he's your.... your not serious are you?'
He grinned and headed in the direction of the shower.
'He has got to be kidding, right?' She turned to Kellie. She just shrugged.
'They can do whatever they want.'
Tess looked horrified. 'But that's my boyfriend! And your boyfriend! That's just.....'
Kellie giggled slightly. 'Tess, chill. They're brothers right? They are hardly gonna do anything.'
'Wheras, i,' Frank laughed. 'Are not related to either of them, which means i can do whatever i want.' He wiggled his eyebrows. 'I'm gonna go grab a shower.' he ran off before they could object. I shook my head slightly.
'Are they always like this?' i asked.
The two girls looked at each other. They both nodded.
'Just wait until you meet the rest! Together, they are totally unstoppable,' giggled Kellie.
'What is it that you actually do?' i asked, curiously.
'We are..... we.... we don't actually know,' confessed Tess. 'But we are trying to stop Bob's hometown from being destroyed.'
'Who's Bob?'
'Just another one of us. In Chicago at the moment there is Gerard, Mikey, Frank,Tess, Caz, Ray and of course, me.' Kellie rubbed her eyes. 'There is more of us but they're still cleaning up the mess in New Jersey.'
'The mess?'
'Well, the aftermath of what happened.' Tess looked at me strangely. 'You do know what happened, right?'
'I lead a very sheltered life.' Ok, so i need to get out more. So what?
'Well, to cut a long story short, lots of creatures infested the sewers. They began to grow until there were enough of them to raid the city. We went to kill them all.'
'And what was the aftermath?'
'Dead.' Kellie replied, shortly. 'The lucky ones get to go to New Jersey to scrape the dead bodies off of the floor,' she smiled.
I frowned. 'I don't think it's funny.'
'You have to have a sense of humour in this job.' Tess grinned. 'Otherwise, you'll end up crazy.'
'Trust me, i'm already there,' i muttered.