City of the Damned

Chapter 5

Frank came out of the shower first, a towel wrapped round his middle. He winked at me. I just smiled back.
'You want a coffee before we go?' he said, pouring me one anyway.
'Do i have a choice?' i laughed. He set it down besides me.
'What do you mean, before we go?'
'Oh, yeah sorry. Erm.... we are off to..... erm.. i can't remeber,' he said, looking a little confused.'Oh, ask Gerard, he'll know.' Just on cue, Gerard and Mikey walked in, fully dressed. Gerard kissed Mikey on the cheek before laughing at Tess.
'Incest is illegal, you know?' she scowled at them. They both laughed.
'But little Mikey's so cute!' exclaimed Frank. Kellie giggled. 'But he's mine, so hands off!'
Frank sighed heavily.
'Frank, you better go get changed. We're off soon.'
'Off where?' i asked.
'To meet Bob and Ray. Then we go kick some ass.' he said, pushing Frank into the next room. 'Go get changed!'
Frank stuck his tongue out and ran away before Gerard could hit him.
'Nice to see that your all mature,' i giggled slightly.
'He's just a little scared, that's all.' Gerard said seriously.
'Scared of what?'
'Trust me, last time he went out, someone close to him got killed. He's just a little... insecure, that's all.' No wonder he was acting so hyper. That must have been hard for him. I suddenly felt sorry for them all. They were risking their lives. I shook my head. They were all crazy.
Gerard was sat talking to Mikey. They had all gone very quiet. I began to feel very out of place. What the hell was i doing? I had known these people for about an hour and i was about to go kill things with them. If that wasn't insanity i don't know what was.