City of the Damned

Chapter 9

I was just gonna let it bite her. I wasn't even gonna attempt to stop it. How heroic am i?

But just as it was about to bite her, someone fell through the door after it. She swung an axe down into its head, decapitating it. Tess screamed as the blood poured over her head. Gerard rushed to her side and picked her up. The blonde haired girl that had saved the day (corny i know) ran up to Frank and jumped into his arms. The colour came back into his face and he looked happier than he had done all day. When they kissed, my heart sank. I really liked him aswell. I pretended not to notice. I made my way, slowly to the bar. I needed a drink. They all crowded round her.

'Emilee!' shouted Gerard before hugging her. She hugged everyone else in turn. I just turned away. Why was i so jealous? Get over yourself a voice in my head laughed. I simply sighed and went back to my drink. When everyone was talking again, like nothing had happened, Emilee came over to sit next to me. I smiled politely. She smiled back at me. We sat there for what seemed like hours, smiling like idiots. Suddenly she started laughing and couldn't stop. I raised my eyebrows. I'm glad one of us was finding this funny. She looked up at me and started laughing again. I started to get irritated.

'What?' i said, rather annoyed. She stopped laughing.
'Sorry, it's just i've being eating skittles,' she giggled. I coughed. She smiled. 'Is that a polite way of saying i'm mad?' I nodded. 'Want some?' She handed me the bag, and we sat for about half an hour sharing them. We were disturbed by Gerard shouting. 'What the fuck do you mean you've lost it?!'
Caz stood there glaring at him.
'I didn't fucking lose it, it was stolen you total moron!'
'Hey!' shouted Tess.
'How the fuck was it stolen, you were fucking sat in the thing you stupid bitch!' Caz's eyes clouded over and she slapped him. Tess darted forward.
'Leave him alone!' she screamed at Caz. I looked at Emilee, who was laughing again. I shook my head and jumped off the bar stool. I went over to the three of them.
'Look, guys i...' They all ignored me and carried on arguing.
'You wanna do that again,' he said calmly, taking a step forward. Frank stepped between them both.
'Gerard, don't.' He looked up through his eyelashes and wrapped his arms round the taller one's middle. 'Please?' Gerard smiled and hugged him. Caz glared at them both and walked out.
'Oh dear,' Kellie spoke up. 'I better go see to her,' she sighed and jumped off Mikey. It went silent for a moment, before Emilee spoke up. 'Anyone want skittles?'

TESS'S P.O.V

I can't believe she slapped Gerard! I knew it. I knew she was jealous. She used to go out with Gerard about two years ago. She's jealous cos' i go out with him. I giggled slightly. But i can't believe she'd lost the SUV. It had all her equipment in and everything. Bob sighed.
'What we gonna do now?' he looked round the room. 'We've got no mode of transport and the tracker was in the SUV.'
'I can get a new tracker but it would take a couple of days to be delivered,' Ray said, scribbling a quick map on the back of someone's birthday card.
'We don't have a few days,' came the muffled voice of Frank. He was still hugging Gerard. Gerard nodded. 'He's right, sixteen hours is all we have. And that was about two hours ago. Fourteen hours to prepare for something that we don't have a clue about,' he sighed and shuffled over to the sofa awkwardly, Frank still attached.
'Frank, can you let go, please?'
Frank shook his head. 'Your warm,' he mumbled. Gerard sighed.
'So, Plan B?' he asked no one in particular. Everyone looked blank. No one had any ideas. But the weirdest idea came into my head, just as the SUV was drove through the outside wall, causing the whole club to collapse on us all.