Status: I know all Author's say this but please comment. I'd like your imput into where you'd like the story to go too.

Mr-My Dreams.

Max.

'Ugh. I hate him.' Lola scowled as she and Maxine strolled along town during their lunch break and on their way back from Reeve's.

'I think he's gorgeous. And sooo sexy...' Maxine grinned, picking apart a cheese straw from her heated bag full of them. She raised her hands in surrender at her friend's raised eyebrow. 'Okay, fine. Maybe he was a little stuck up and full of himself but we're gonna be running the new magazine with him. We might as well focus on his good points.'

'He has none.' Lola muttered darkly.

*******

'Hello again Miss Poppy.' A tall, gorgeous man greeted them as the girls came back into work later that afternoon.

'Don't call me that.' Lola snapped. 'It's not my name so just stop it!'

'But this morning you just "popped" in and you're so bright and... Poppy.' He grinned, sending a warm feeling through the pit of her stomach.

She hated this and scowled in response as Maxine settled herself in one of the free cubicle seats, grinning and snacking on her cheese straws as she watched the envitable fight unfurl.
This man ran his hand through his dark, tousled hair deliberately as one of the sexier receptionists walked past, a twinkle in his eyes.
He had strong, sharp facial features and was tanned, tall and well-built. His muscles were evident as he moved about, even through his suit, they were defined and toned. He was so typically charmig and dashing that most women loved him, Lola found him attractive but was smart enough to work out what sort of man he was.

'Fine, I'll call you by your personality then.' She smiled, suddenly flirtatiously. He raised an eyebrow, not sure if she was making fun of him or not.

'Go ahead.'

'Okay then Mr Cocky.' She smiled, bending into her bag and taking out some papers before pushing them into his hands. 'These need filling out by Tuesday, and if you're going to work with us; you'll need to get used to deadlines being in before the actual deadline.'

Then Lola made as if to walk off, but leant back as if a thought had just struck her.

'Oh, and that can be taken in a number of ways; the literal sense, the intentions behind the literal sense and of course, your stuck up personality.' She smiled sexily before patting his smooth cheek and strutting back down the hall.

Maxine snorted.

'Oh man, have you got it in now. Better watch yourself around her honeybun, bearing in mind that she is totally in love with her boyfriend and doesn't appreciate men like you.'

'Oh, but do you darling?'

'Okay, listen to me... "darling", and listen to me good; I don't appreciate men like you hitting on me one minute so that you can cheat on me the next. I decide which guys I like, they don't decide that they like me until I say so, got it?'

'Oh perfectly.' He grinned lazily, leaning against the desk. 'So when am I allowed to like you?'

'I'll get back to you on that one.' She stood up and leant over to him, so that their lips were an inch away from touching. 'I'll tell you what; you buy me dinner, when you learn to fly.' She told him, before standing up and follwing her best friend along the cubicles.

'Oh come on!' He called after her, grinning. 'That's a little unfair, don't you think?'

'Well, you seem to be pretty perfect otherwise so you'll learn one day I don't doubt.' Lola called from where she was waiting for Maxine. Maxine laughed and linked her arm through Lola's, they both set off again, giggling.

'Hey Max.' The receptionist smiled at him again as she hip-waggled past in the opposite direction.

'Hey...' He replied distractedly, shaking his head after the two girls in amusement, before standing up properly and picking up the papers again.

As he stood, Max frowned slightly. He'd never known a girl to be so disinterested in him as Lola.
Maxine was great, fiery, his usual taste, but Lola. He licked his lips as he thought, he was more than just a little interested in her, and for once, in a way more than simply sexually.
♠ ♠ ♠
I will be writing more on Lola's life generally too as well as how she progreses with Max so the whole plotline will come together. Again, please comment and let me know what you think.