Status: one-shot :)

Cop Car

Blue and Red lights, burn my eyes

"Kim? It's... Hey, it's me..." I heard Jack say on the voicemail he left me only minutes ago.

I rolled my eyes and listened as he continued to speak, "Listen um... I'm siting in the backseat of a cop car right now... I- I know I should've called my mom... But, well, fuck... Instead I called you..." he sounded drunk, and he must've been if he was in a cop car right now.

He was right, he should've called his mom, because I didn't give a shit if he was under arrest right now... We broke up three weeks ago. 

"And this... This is how I cope with losing you... Cuz you pulled me down Kim, and I... I don't know how to get back up... I've been stuck in this rut, for I don't know how long now... And it's hard to sleep, because I think too much all the time... Baby, I... I can't get you off my mind... So," I heard him chuckle softly, "I'll be in jail tonight... I'm sitting in the backseat of this fucking cop car... Shit... I should've called my mom... But instead I called you..."

I bit my bottom lip, I did feel a little bad for him... Jack was a good person... He liked to get drunk, but he was a genuinely good guy. I had been dating him for almost a year. Why did we break up? I can't really answer that... Jack and me, well, we just have different futures ahead of us... We both applied to college at USC... They accepted me and not him... I'm leaving in the fall, without him. I couldn't stay with Jack, long distance relationships never work... As much as I love him, I couldn't do that to him, to myself... It would be too hard.

"Do you remember... Remember that dance in the high school gym? When we stayed out till like, 3 AM... And we swore we would never change when we graduated... But then... USC... They... You know, they accepted you and didn't me... But baby, now I'm working at a place... We used to go... That one... Ah you know... Uh... Dammit... Everything here reminds me of you... My car still smells like your perfume... You used to wear it out on dates, and it'd drive me insane..." he said softly.

I heard him sigh heavily and someone I'm assuming was a cop tell him to hurry it up. He mumbled a reply before he started talking again.

To be truthful, it hurt to hear him say all of this. I know he meant it all. I know he misses me. I miss him too. More then I can even begin to explain. I try my best to act like I don't care, like me and Jack were just a fling... But I know it wasn't nothing... I know what we had was special. They way he made me feel was like... Like I could do anything, we could do anything together. He made me smile when no one else could. He never ceased to make me happy... But I broke up with him. And for what? So I wouldn't have to get hurt if things didn't work out in the end. Because I'm selfish, that's why. The truth is, I want more than anything to be with him this very second. For him to hold me in his arms and tell me that he loves me. That's all I really want.

"So here's my one phone call... And maybe I completely wasted it all on calling you... But it's okay... Because I need you to know that I still love you Kim, I love you so much... Please... I'm so sorry... I need you baby..." He pleaded into the phone and I felt my eyes brim with tears.

"I should've called my mom... But instead I called you..." he said into the phone again before hanging up.

I pressed end and sat on my bed, contemplating what I should do next. Should I just go get him? Tell him how I really feel? Tell him I love him too? And I miss him like crazy? Or should I be a complete bitch and let him sit in jail? 

I decided I needed to follow my heart, and my heart was with Jack. I quickly put on some vans and grabbed my wallet and keys and headed for the door.

I sped downtown, ironic, I know, and all I could think about was what I would say to him when I saw him again. I just wanted to kiss him and never let him go, but considering the fact that I broke his heart, I wasn't too sure how well that would go. Oh yeah, and plus he's wasted right now... 

I got to the county jail and rushed inside. I filled out the paperwork and gave them the money, 800 dollars cash, money I barely had, but it was okay, I really didn't give a shit about the money.

The guard led me down to the holding cells and I imediantly saw Jack sitting on the bench inside the cramped space, his head in his hands.

"Barakat," The guard said and Jack looked up, his eyes bloodshot. 

When he saw me, his mouth dropped, he got up quickly and pressed his face to the bars, "I thought I wasted my last call..." he said, still in shock.

I bit my lip and smiled slightly.

"You made bail," the guard said unlocking the cell.

Jack staggered out and came up to me, he looked at me skeptically, not sure what to do next. I opened my arms and hugged him tightly. He squeezed me back and sighed, "But you bailed me out after all..."

I laughed quietly and smiled, nodding, "I'm so sorry, Jack... I... I still love you." I whispered, kissing his cheek softly. 

He sighed, "I love you too... Does this mean...?" he questioned, letting his sentence trail.

I nodded and laughed a little bit, Jack may be stupid when he's drunk, but when he does sober up, he remembers everything that happened when he was wasted, luckily.

"Can we go home now?" He asked, still holding me tightly.

I pulled away and took his hand in mine, "Of course."

We walked out of the jail, both of us happy, despite what he had just been through. I had my boyfriend back, who I loved dearly. That's all that mattered.

He called me, and luckily not his mom, his last phone call wasn't in vain.
♠ ♠ ♠
It was simple. Short. Cute. I have ftsk to thank entirely for this one... It laid out the entire story for me, haha :) I hope you liked it, atleast a little bit.Ps: I'm changing the name, it's not gonna be Blake, so the first person to comment, tell me your name and I'll change it to your name! :)