There's No Turning Back

Jealousy is the New Trend

"Thanks for being here for me." I heard David say softly. I looked up at him and he stuffed his hand into the pocket of his pants, looking around the store some more.

"Of course; Always." I said and went over to him, giving him a hug, "You don't have to act all shy and stuff. It's okay to thank a girl." I teased and he made a face at me before picking up stuffed zebra.

"How about this one?" He held it up to his face with a cheeky smile and I scrunched up my face.

David got this brilliant idea of buying a stuff animal - to make it as his onstage buddy. But he wanted it to be an onstage buddy chosen by both him and I.

I picked up a panda bear and held it up next to my face with a grin, mocking him, "How about this one?"

"Why that one?" he asked with a scrunched up face that I had on seconds ago.

"Because," I started, "For one, it's still black and white like your zebra; two, you cannot say that this face isn't adorable. And three, it actually has arms as a buddy to play your bass." I stated.

"Zebra's can play bass too," he defended.

"They have hooves, not fingers David." I said smartly and he pouted, putting the zebra back on the stands and taking the panda bear from my hands with force.

He started to examine it, turning it this way and that. "I'll name you..." he paused, "Petey Panda!"

I rolled my eyes, "That's very original."

"Fine," he huffed, "Petey Leanda."

"I didn't say that you have to change it --"

"I said Petey Leanda." he stuck his tongue out and I sighed, defeated.

"Fine. But why Leanda?" I asked him as we went up to the register. I pulled my wallet out as the guy began to charge me.

"Because, Lean is part of your name and Da is part of mines - not to mention it's part of Panda too. He has both his own name, and mommy and daddy's name!" David said childishly and took the bag from the cashier person after I was done paying and merrily skipped out the door.

"But Petey's practically someone else's name." I laughed.

"But it's been chosen specifically for him."

"Are you gonna introduce him to people?" I asked, trying to stifle a giggle from surfacing.

He nodded happily, "In our next photo shoot, our next interview, our next show, our next blog, and the next few people we'll see on the streets!" I shot him a confused look and right then, he heldhisour panda up next to his face and said 'Have you met Petey Leanda?' to the next few people who passed us.

I rolled my eyes, "You're such a dork." All he did was stick his tongue out at me.

♥ - ♥ - ♥

I let out a shrill scream as I felt my body - mostly from my stomach and below - hit the cold water. "David, you're such an asshole!" I whined as I scrambled to get out and away from the beyond-freezing-cold water.

He continued to laugh as I let out another muffled scream the moment I stepped out and the cold air blew on me. We were walking along the streets - it was near nightfall - and we passed by a water fountain. David thought it would be funny to push me in.

I took Petey from his loose hands as he struggled to regain his breath. I held Petey above the water, "I'll drop him." I threatened,

"No!" he dove for Petey and I planned on yanking him out of the way so that David would fall into the water himself but he was too quick for me. He landed on the floor with Petey pulled up to his chest.

I huffed, "You care about that panda more than me!" I stomped away, pretending to be mad, and made my way to my car which was a good twenty minute walk from where we were. People stared as David pushed through them and ran after me.

"Where are you going?"

"I demand warmth from my car." I said, quickening my pace in hope to turn the twenty minute walk into a fifteen minute one.

"Your jacket isn't warm enough?" he asked, placing his arm around my shoulder and pulling me in close as I continued on with my fast pace.

"Yeah but what will I do with my freezing bottom?" I asked, sticking out my bottom lip as he chuckled.

"Might as well just run to the car." he said sarcastically and I stopped in my tracks.

"That's brilliant." I pointed at him and took off running.

♥ - ♥ - ♥

"I'm home!" I called throughout the apartment as I walked in the front door with David tagging behind me.

"And so is Petey!" David shouted after me. I shutted the front door while he continued on to the living room where I heard Annie squeal, 'David!'

He picked her up as she ran to him, Petey in one hand. "Anyone want to meet Petey Leanda?" he asked excitedly to Annie and Cheyenne. I walked by and Cheyenne shot me a look as she looked at David holding his panda bear.

I shrugged and continued past the living room, "Where are you going?" Cheyenne asked and I turned around.

"To my room to change out of these wet clothes." I said, glaring over at David at the last part as he flashed me an innocent smile. I shook my head and went into my bedroom.

After everyone had went to bed, only David and I were still up, sitting in the lowly lit living room with Petey in between us, watching a movie that was playing on television. It must've been around midnight.

David stood up, "I better get going." he said and I nodded, getting up as well to show him the way to the front door.

I unlocked it and he stepped out, turning around to face me, "Lianne, you're seriously the best." he simply said.

"How so?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"I thought that this would be a horrible day for me but you turned it into a terrific one," he smiled and I returned it, "Anyone else who goes through a breakup, I should send them to you." he joked and I let out a weak laugh.

"I should start charging people for that." I said and he nodded.

He turned around to leave but he stopped himself, turning back around to face me, "What were you saying earlier? Would you tell me now?" he asked and I tilted my head, "That thing you said after I told you what she told me?"

"Oh, that." I nodded, "Yeah, that's nothing." I stalled.

He leaned against the doorframe in front of where I was leaning and gave me a look that clearly gave me no choice but to tell him.

I sighed, "Fine. The reason why I said it was because, I don't see why she should be jealous. I'm the jealous one." I reluctantly told him.

"What?"

"I like what we have," I admitted, "But she's the - or she was - the lucky one. She gets to actually be with you - call you her's. I don't see why she'd be jealous of what's between us." I concluded quietly and I saw a smirk grow across his face.

I raised an eyebrow as I looked up at him. He placed his fingers under my chin and lifted my head up towards him. He slowly leaned down and before I had time to react, his lips were upon mines and I was too shocked at first but in the end, I kissed back.

He pulled away, his smirk now replaced with a gentle smile. He waved and walked down the empty hallway, soon out of sight.

I was shocked - really, I was. We were friendly - cheek-kissing friendly like all the other people here in Canada but, since when had we ever gone this close before?