There's No Turning Back

Maltese, Surprise Surprise

I sat down on the couch next to Jamie and turned my body to face her, "The time's almost here. Are you excited?" I asked her excitedly.

She nodded her head ferociously, "Of course I am. Only a few more weeks and I'm getting married!" we both squealed. "But tell me - I've been dying to know; what's up between you and David now?" she winked and I shrugged.

"I'm not sure. I haven't heard from him in a few days."

It's been days since the kiss and I haven't heard much from him - neither did anyone else. It's almost like he disappeared off the face of this planet. Just then, the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." Jamie got up, out of her seat and left me to go answer the door. She came back a few moments later with David by her side, "I'll go tell Seb." she stated and ran upstairs towards the bedroom she shared with Sebastian.

After she left, David came over and pulled me into his arms for a hug. He then sat down next to me on the couch as I turned my body once again to face him.

"So David, talk to me." I simply said and he gave me a look.

"What?"

"I haven't talked to you in a while. So tell me, what have you been up to these days?"

"Nothing." he said and I gave him a skeptical look.

"Are you sure on that?"

He let out a soft laugh, looking down at his hands and then looking back up at me, "No. I was planning some things out."

"Like what?"

He shrugged, "You'll find out soon enough."

"Just tell me."

"No; you'll just have to wait," he leaned over and placed a kiss on my temple. He stood up, "I'm going to see if they have any sweets here or not," he left and went into the kitchen where all the junk food and snacks were.

I sat on the couch alone and played around with the zipper that was randomly sowed to my pants. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I looked up and saw both, Sebastian and Jamie, walking down the steps hand in hand.

"Where'd he go?" Jamie asked and I pointed in the direction of the kitchen.

"Went looking for some snacks."

"No!" Sebastian leaped off the remaining steps of the stairs and ran to where David was. A minute later, Jamie and I heard the sound of a body hitting the tiled floor.

"Okay," Jamie said slowly, letting out a slow laugh as well, "How about we go out and away from the madness about to come?" she suggested to me and I nodded. I grabbed my jacket and threw it on, walking out towards her car. "We're going out, you lazy bums!" I heard her call back into the house one last time before locking the door behind her.

♥ - ♥ - ♥

I got out of Jamie's car, the both of us still giggling like mad, and I waited at the front door for her to come and open it.

"I can't wait to see the look on his face," I giggled some more and she did too.

"I know," she said, "This is gonna be fantastic." she opened the door and walked in, holding the door open for me.

The moment I walked, I let out a scream and fell to the ground on my back as something small jumped out at my leg and caught me off guard. I closed my eyes as a small creature climbed on top of me and attacked my face in small little kisses.

I opened my eyes and saw a little white, Maltese puppy in my lap with it's tail wagging, mouth open, and it's hair tied up to the top of her head in a pink hair rubber band.

I let out a high-pitch squeal, "She's so cute Jamie! I never knew you had a puppy."

Jamie gave me a frown, "I don't have a puppy..." she said slowly and sighed, "Damn Seb; must've stolen the poor puppy." she came by my side and sat down next to me, examining the puppy. "She doesn't have a tag or anything." she said as I continued to play with the puppy.

"Maybe Sebastian decided to buy you a puppy." I told her, smiling as she rolled her eyes. Her gaze then shifted down to the puppy's hind leg.

"There's a note attached to her leg," she pulled off the piece of paper that was tied to the puppy's hind leg with a pink ribbon. "It seems like it's addressed to you. Maybe you should read it." she handed off the note to me and I took it.

I started to read it out loud:

Lianne Lefebvre,
Jamie sure is a great actress - but the puppy, she's something else. You can keep her; name her whatever you want - she's all yours and so am I,
If you agree to be my girlfriend.
xoxo Petey Leanda Desrosiers


I finished reading the letter and looked up at Jamie, squinting my eyes a bit at her. She looked around, playing off innocence as she smiled and tried to compliment on the note. I started to laugh and gave her a shove to the shoulder.

"What are you laughing at?" I heard David casually ask and he walked into the room, taking a seat on the couch.

"Oh nothing, just this sweet ol' note Petey wrote me," I told him, "Where is Petey anyways?"

"Why would you want to know?" he asked childishly and I got up off the floor, walking over to him and taking a seat. I was practically leaning on him.

I wanted to thank my boyfriend for the lovely puppy." I told him and he smiled, pulling my chin closer to his face as he laid his lips upon mine once more.

I heard clapping and I looked up on the second floor. "Aw that was cute but how sappy are you guys," Sebastian said, pretending to wipe away a single tear before letting out a chuckle. He came down and took a seat on the floor next to Jamie, who still held the new little puppy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw =]<3