There's No Turning Back

Come Out Alive

| Lianne's P.O.V. |

Bud started to slowly inch his way towards me but I stepped back, staying silent and contemplating on what to do; I was trying to buy time until David actually came to conclusions to call the police. I noticed a slight movement on the railing above Bud and it caught my attention. My eyes bulged out of their sockets at the sight of David swinging a leg over.

Was he out of his mind or was he just utterly stupid, trying to play superhero?

I shook my head with my mouth slightly hanging open but within a split second, David was in mid-air and coming down upon Bud. The sudden impact caused Bud's knees to give out as he collapsed onto the asphalt. His arms released Cheyenne as he instinctively reached out to the cold, hard pavement to break his fall.

Cheyenne grabbed a hold of Annie and fled towards me. I held onto Cheyenne tightly as Bud struggled to get up with the weight of David on top of him.

"David!" I cried out as I saw Bud reach his pistol. I attempted to do something until David shot me a look.

"Just go; go far away!" he shouted to me and forcefully grabbed onto Bud's arms, pushing his face down to the ground.

I hesitated on leaving him there but with another 'go!' command shooting my way, I nodded and took Annie into my arms. I took off, pulling Cheyenne along with me. I turned around the corner where the car was but ran on; it would be no use escaping by car. We ran and ran, out of the parking lot and into the dark road when...

| David's P.O.V. |

I felt the sweat drip down my forehead as I struggled to keep Bud in place - tossing him back down to the ground with all my strength whenever he was able to get up and run away - until I was certain that Lianne and her girls were far away enough.

"Get off of me," he snarled through gritted teeth and elbowed me in the guts, causing me to double over in pain and roll off of him, "How dare you get in the way." he went in for another kick but I rolled over once more, just in time.

"Weren't you the one who said I should be here to protect her?" I questioned smartly with a frown, getting up.

"You weren't supposed to show up. I could have gotten what I want -"

"By killing two innocent little girls?" I interrupted him in disgust, "Just leave them alone, there's obviously someone else out there for you-"

"I'll do what I want." he pointed his handgun at me, finger on the trigger.

"Go ahead; the cops are on their way. You're caught no matter what. Quit while you're ahead; what do you see is left for you anyway?"

"This is none of your business," I heard him mumble.

He then took off, running, in the direction the girls had gone. My heart rate quickened and the sweat continued to seep out of their pores as I demanded my legs to move after him, fast. Each step brought us closer and closer to the end of the parking lot. I pushed my legs to their limit as I got a few inches closer to him.

I dived at his feet when it felt like I couldn't go on any longer; my arms hooked around and pinned them together, causing him to fall down once again. We both tried to scurry up to our feet, swinging and turning around in circles. He pulled me down along with him when my foot accidentally got behind his and tripped him.

In a mere second, I felt a cold, hard metal against my chest and then a piercing pain.

| Back to Lianne's P.O.V. |

Sirens came from one end of the street as red and blue lights lit up the dark sky. I ceased my running when I noticed one of the black and white cars pull over to me. A tall man, fit man got out of the car and walked over to us while a few other police cars pulled to a stop around us.

"What's going on Ma'am?" he asked, sticking his thumbs into the front pockets of his uniformed pants.

I sighed in relief, "Oh please help us; my boyfriend's over there with a psycho man and he's got a gun --"

"Whoa whoa; slow down there ma'am," he interrupted me, raising his palms up to slow me down, "What exactly is going on here?"

I sniffled, trying to hold the tears back; I felt Cheyenne tighten her grasp on my arm, "This man won't leave me alone for the past few weeks. He kidnapped my kids and told me to meet him here for them; he held them at gunpoint --" I paused, letting out a scream. The feeling of surprise and fear rushed to me as an ear-deafening noise disrupted the quiet nighttime air.

I spun around quickly, facing the building. My expression clearly showed panic as the police dashed towards them; some went on foot and others went by cars and motorcycles.

"Stay here," I whispered to Cheyenne, handing Annie over into her arms. She nodded, stepping over to a nearby street light pole where there was safety with another woman officer. I dashed back to the direction I had previously come from, running after them.

My heart rate sped up as an image of Bud bending over one of the police cars, bounded with handcuffs came into view. I looked around frantically in search of David, my eyes scanning all over the area. I rushed over to a far corner near the building where a bunch of the men and women scattered and hovered around.

I stretched my arms out in front of me in attempts to squeeze in through the crowd of officers but I was pushed back as a team of paramedics pushed through with a stretcher following behind them.

"David?" I yelled out in a panic, struggling to stand up on my toes to overlook the shoulders of the officers taller than me. I took a few steps back when I saw them begin to clear way. I watched them hopelessly from the side, staring at the blood that trailed behind them on the asphalt. I felt sick to my stomach as my eyes made their way up to the stretcher where another puddle of crimson red began to form on the blanket that covered him.