There's No Turning Back

Gotta Have Coffee

|| Several Weeks Later ||

"If they're under water, then why do they constantly have fire for a camping trip?" I questioned dumbly and tried to get warmth from the red and grey plaid blanket that was wrapped around me. I watched the yellow sponge and pink starfish dance around the television screen, singing the "Campfire Song", with Cheyenne and Annie, who sat on the ground playing with her dolls.

"Because, it's water-proof fire." Cheyenne answered, giggling and I shook my head.

"Smartbutt; I'm leaving before I become brain dead." I commented, getting up and starting towards the kitchen, "Anyone want tea?" I called back but received multiple 'no's'. "Fine then," I mumbled, "Coffee for me." I poured the warm brown liquid into a mug and sat on the table that faced a window looking out into the street. It was unfortunately quiet.

I thought back to how things had been in the past month. Life had been boring and un-lively without David; things were quiet and left untouched. The days weren't filled with much laughter, and no screaming little kids. There were no questions asked that made you really have to think; it was something that I had once grown used to, but now, I felt slightly uncomfortable and bothered by my own home.

I was pretty sure that everyone else who David had a great impact on life in, felt the same way. Life just wasn't the same. Though he was here with us physically, it felt as though he was permanently gone and disappeared off the face of this planet.

I rubbed my eyes tiredly and laid my chin down against my forearms, still staring out at the street down below us. It isn't such a great feeling knowing that your boyfriend is in the hospital, in a coma, for the past five weeks and you don't really know what's going on inside of him.

I heard a high beep go off twice in the living room and I groaned, picking myself up off of my seat. I dragged the blanket that hung around my shoulders with me as I went over to the couch that I previously sat on, leaving my mug of coffee behind. I plopped down on the couch and picked up my metallic orange EnV phone, looking at the text message that I've just received.

From: Jamie
Subject: Come?

Would you like to come with me over to visit him? I don't wanna go alone =/ I'll pick you up if you come :]

I sighed and chuckled to myself, replying back to her with the obvious answer.

To: Jamie
Subject: Re:Come?

What do you think I would say; no? Of course, I'll come babe :]

After hitting the 'send' button, I awaited for a reply. A reply came just as quick as I sent one out, saying that she would be here in fifteen minutes. I got up and walked towards my bedroom to get changed - since I had already taken a shower that morning.

I pulled on a pair of fitting skinny jeans and a warm, black long sleeve shirt along with a sleeveless puff vest jacket that had faux fur lining along the hood. I pulled on my calf high boots and a pair of fingerless gloves. Applying a thing layer of eyeliner, grabbed my handbag that contained my money, keys, and such other belongings, and stuffed my cell phone inside.

"Where are you going?" Cheyenne asked when I walked out, all ready with five minutes left before Jamie would arrive.

"I'm going with Jamie to go visit David," I walked over to her, giving her a hug and a kiss on the head, "Want to come?"

She shook her head, "Hospitals make me queasy and I know how long you guys like to say." she smiled softly and I returned it, nodding my head.

"I wanna go see daddy!" Annie piped up from her spot on the floor and I looked up at her. She had grown accustomed to calling him her father for a while now - after the whole incident though. I had told her not to be so sure on calling him that - at least not without his permission - but she insisted to go on with the behaviour.

Everyone thought that it was adorable so I guess it was okay...

"Are you sure, kiddo?" I asked her and she nodded vigorously. "Alright then, let's go." I went over and held her hand, helping her up after she had ran and gotten her shoes on. Just then, I heard a car honk down in the streets and a vibration coming from within my handbag; I knew that it was Jamie telling me that she was here.

I turned back to Cheyenne before walking out the door, "Will you be okay by yourself?"

"Yeah." she nodded.

"Alright; I love you." I opened the door and closed it behind me after hearing a reply being called through the living room.

♥ - ♥ - ♥

"This is quite sad." Jamie said, sitting on the couch that pulled out into a bed that was placed in David's room in front of the window pane. I nodded in agreement with her, "What was he thinking when he got himself into this situation?"

I sighed, tapping my fingers on Annie's little knees. This was a conversation that we went over many times when we're here, and obviously, it was a topic that we often talked about because it was so hard to believe to the others. To me, it was just traumatizing to actually having to be a part of the incident when it occurred.

"Obviously he wasn't thinking about the fact that he was vulnerable to injuries." I replied. It made me sound ungrateful that he had saved my life in turn of his own, but really, who wouldn't be grateful? There's a rare amount of people in the world who would actually physically stand up to the pain and risk their life at any given moment.

Many back out when the time actually comes - with their mental conscience of what they'd have to face interfering in the way.

I stared at the body that lay on the bed, face pale from the lack of sun contact. His arms laid limp by his side as his chest rose up and down steadily to his breathing. I noticed that his hair was still growing - now slightly longer than it had originally been, in which I thought was a bit creepy in a way.

Nothing was different from the last time I had visit, which was a few days ago. Even then, it was the same as the first day I've seen him in here - except his wounds had come to heal, now leaving an ugly scar on his body.

"This is depressing me," I stated, getting up and allowing Annie to run over to Jamie, "I'm going to head down and get some coffee." I stifled a yawn from the lack of sleep I received last night.

"Didn't you have one this morning?" Jamie shot me a confused glance and I nodded.

"Barely though, before you texted me." with that, I left the room and down a flight of stairs, continuing down the hallway to where I knew the cafeteria would be.

I had barely got out of line with a paid cup in my hand, pouring some coffee and milk into the plastic cup when two screaming voices sent me into alert. "Lianne!" one screamed, and I recognized the voice to be Jamie's.

"What?" I asked, alerted, careful not to spill the brown liquid that was in my hand. But the answer in reply that came to me, made me forget about the object in my hand, causing it to slip through my fingers and spill all over the white-tiled floor.