There's No Turning Back

Epilogue

"Jason!" I heard a shrill voice boom through the house. I sighed, rolling my eyes and shaking my head before returning my attention back to carefully slicing tomatoes for the salad I was preparing for our early dinner. I heard two pairs of feet running down the stairs, their feet slapping against the cold white tiled floor. They bounded into the kitchen, still screaming.

"Jason! I'm gonna kill you; give it back!" a fifteen year old Annie ran in, chasing her little nine year old brother around the island. The little hazel-eyed boy ran around, squealing, thinking that the whole thing was a joke, with an oversized beanie hat attached to his brunette head. He hid behind me, hugging onto my legs and jerking around; I had to settle my knife safely down in the sink.

I groaned to myself as he pushed my away, running back out of the kitchen and back up the stairs. Annie released a scream slash groan as she stopped, frustrated. "You're such a little brat!" she exclaimed, her voice echoing throughout the entire house. I heard another pair of footsteps trudge down the carpeted stairs. Annie clenched her fists, "I just wanna --"

I interrupted her mid-sentence, grabbing onto her arm and pulling her back before she can stomp out after him. My head dropped back into a tilt as I groaned inwardly to myself, a small smile on my lips, "Ann," I laughed out, "Don't say that."

"But it's true; he's a little brat!"

"He's just having fun." I told her, leaning back against the counter, "He looks up to you. He only does it 'cause he loves you." she narrowed her eyes at me; I can see the corner of her lips twitch, fighting back a grin. "Think of Cheyenne. Would she ever want to wrap her hands around your little neck?" I joked, fighting back a giggle.

She sighed, rolling her eyes but the grin broke out as she stuck her tongue out at me, "I guess not. It's just so annoying sometimes."

"Oh, like you weren't when you were young?"

She reached into the fridge for a can of soda, "This isn't about me, it's about Jase." she quickly changed the subject, dashing out.

"What was that all about?" I heard a male's voice and my head whipped towards the other doorway entrance, where David stood, leaning against the white doorframe - which lacked a door, may I add.

"Oh, nothing." I sang. He smiled a crooked smile as his eyes rolled to the side; he pushed himself away from the frame, taking large steps towards me. I giggled while he placed his hands on both sides of my hip, leaving me no other choice but to wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him in closely.

He placed his lips on my nose, kissing it before he moved onto my ear, kissing loudly. I laughed loudly, tilting my head away and tucking it into his chest; my arms hid my ears and neck. His hands moved away from my hips and were replaced with his arms wrapping around me. He held onto my tightly, kissing the top of my head.

"What are you doing tomorrow night?" he questioned, his voice muffled by my hair. I toyed around with the ring on my left hand, contemplating on whether or not I have any plans for tomorrow night.

I shook my head, "I don't think so."

He nodded, "Good."

I pulled back and looked up at him, "Why? What do you have planned?"

"Oh I was thinking," he purposely allowed his sentence to hang, looking towards the ceiling. He bit his lip to hide a smile that was beginning to form, "That Annie can stay home with Jason for the night- Sebastian can come over and watch them just in case -and we can go out, have dinner-" he looked down at me, "-go to a nearby hotel..." he hinted.

I giggled, shaking my head as a slight blush came to my cheeks, "That sounds great." I got up on my tiptoes and placed my lips quickly on his, pulling away shortly. He pouted before leaning down for a real kiss, letting his lips linger on mine for a few seconds before he pulled away.

"I love you." he said and I smiled to myself.

"I love ice cream." I joked and he faked a gasp, pretending to forcefully push me away.

"Oh that's it, that's not right." he held his hands up in the air, facing his back to me, beginning to walk away.

"I'm just kidding," I laughed, "I love you!" I called out after him after his foot stepped outside the kitchen doorframe.''

"Too late!" he stopped under the frame and turned around on his heels, "I don't deserve this!" he cried out dramatically and stalked off into the living room. I chuckled to myself, shaking my head while I stared after him.

After ten years of meeting, he still has the ability and mentality to act in such ways.

David Desrosiers; what anextraordinary man. The love of my life.
I owe everything - the life I have now, the events that have happened. I owe it all to him.