There's No Turning Back

Let the Show Begin

"Wake up!" someone yelled and I felt my bed sink with tremendous force - up and down and up and down it goes. "Wake up!" I heard them again and then came a second voice.

Opening my eyes, I peaked out from under my blanket. Both David and Cheyenne were jumping on my bed, laughing and being annoyingly loud. Groaning, I kicked my legs in hope of getting one of them to fall off. It didn't work though.

Cheyenne took my blanket off of me and David picked me up, standing high on the bed and throwing me back down as I screamed upon feeling the feel that you get when you go down a huge slope of a rollercoaster.

"What?!" I screamed, sitting up straight and my hair immediately flew into my face.

David chuckled, "You gotta get up. The bus will be here soon."

"Oh yeah." I got up and got the clothes that Sebastian had laid out for me to get changed into - along with some necessities needed for a shower.

"Are you all packed yet?" he asked me before I left the room.

I nodded. "Yeah, have you and Annie packed yet?" I asked Cheyenne and she nodded. Today was the day that the one to two weeks tour started and the bus was arriving in about two hours. Everyone spent last night packing their belongings and anything else they would need. Simple Plan went back home for a few hours last night to get their already-packed luggage and bring it over to my place since they had told the bus driver person to pick us all up here.

I got into the shower and did what was needed. When I got out, I got dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans and a black and white striped polo shirt.

"Is everyone here?" I asked, walking out and into the living room where Pierre and David were setting everyone's bags near the front door.

"Yeah. The girls are here and they're all in Annie's room." Pierre told me and left to go get more bags.

I nodded and skipped into Annie's room. "It's the day!" I yelled, jumping into the room as the girls cheered.

"This is gunna be so much fun." Ashleigh said, adjusting herself on the floor into a sitting position against the edge of Annie's bed. "But what about your work?"

"I told my boss about going on the tour with the guys. He said that he's not technically giving me a break." I explained. I was about to open my mouth to say more but Jamie interrupted.

"It's like, you can take pictures of the scenery - of the cool places we'll get to visit - and pictures of the guys. Kind of like a 'behind the tour scenes with Simple Plan' kind of thing."

"How do you even do that?" I asked her, amazed that she stole the words right out of my mouth.

She shrugged. "I guess I'm a good mind reader."

"That's how she knows I'm the best man for her." Sebastian proudly pointed to himself, doing the whole 'raising eyebrows cockily' thing.

"Oh yes darling." she rolled her eyes and I laughed at them, sitting down next to Nicolette.

"Hi!" she exclaimed, waving at me enthusiastically.

"Hi.." I waved back, unsure of what to do in response.

"She's like that." Ashleigh told me and I nodded, my mouth forming an 'o' shape.

I heard footsteps running towards our direction and I turned to the doorway right when David ran in. "The bus is here!" he skipped over to Ashleigh and picked her up bridal style, skipping out of the room with her giggling along.I felt a pang hit my lower intestine.

"Let's get going." Alice said, getting up and grabbing her purse. We all started filing out the door, one by one, me being last since I was the one with the house key.

I stood at the door, waiting for everyone to go out before locking the place up. Shelby had already taken Annie out with her. Cheyenne stayed behind with me though.

"Mom." she threw me a look and a smirk.

"What?" I asked her, oblivious to what she was thinking.

"You better be a good girl on the bus."

"What do you mean?"

"You know he has a girlfriend so you can't do anything." she said in a sing song voice and I stood in place for a bit, trying to think of what she was trying to tell me.

"Wha -- NO! Cheyenne just - ugh no!" I whined, shaking my head. "That's just wrong."

"Hah I'm just kidding." she laughed. "But really, don't get involved with him."

"And why not?" I asked smartly.

"Se --"

"I'm just asking for a reason. Just hypothetically." I cut her off before she could make any comments.

"Well, I can't give you a reason yet." she replied to my question. I bet she hasn't even come up with a reason yet.

I shook my head at her. "You ain't got a reason now huh?" I asked knowing all too well.

She lamely shook her head. "But just wait until the tour is over. I'm sure I'll get a reason by then."

"Yeah sure." I rolled my eyes and advanced towards the band's bus, Cheyenne running behind my heels. I walked on board the bus and was nearly hit with water. I let out a small squeak and looked up.

David held a water bottle in his hand and Jeff had him in some kind of a body lock, both of them looking at me with wide eyes. But in a second, David poured the remaining of the water on Jeff's head and escaped, running behind me.

"I'm so sorry." he hid his face in my shoulder. "It was all Jeff's fault!" he cried dramatically, pointing accusingly at Jeff who slowly backed away.

♥ - ♥ - ♥

We spent the first day getting to and hanging out at the first location Simple Plan was supposed to be playing at. During the evening, the band and sound crew people made sure that all the equipments were ready and instruments were in tune.

The next day - which is today - was spent exploring the surroundings of our first location. Shopping centers, photography, a lot of confusing directions given by people. Now, it's night time - or barely even 6:30 p.m., and Simple Plan is getting ready to play their first kickoff show.

I leaned against the makeup vanity counter, watching Sebastian get ready.

"Have you ever tried wearing makeup during a show?" I wondered to him out loud, tilting my head to the side.

"Nope." he replied, fixing his hair while looking in the mirror. "Have you ever tried not wearing makeup during a show?" he counteracted.

I scoffed. "What kind of a question is that?"

"Well what kind of a question was yours? Asking me if I've ever tried wearing makeup."

"Mr. Attitude." I stuck my tongue out at him right when the door opened and in came David.

"Lianne," he laced his hands together in front of him, rocking back and forth on his heels with a sheepish smile playing on his face, "Do you happen to have eyeliner with you? I can't find mines." he started to pout. I nodded and reached into my back pocket for my eyeliner pencil - in which I have no clue why I even have it there with me. "Thank you!" he happily said and went to the other side of the mirror, starting to apply the eyeliner on himself.

"See Sebby? He wears makeup for shows." I pointed at David to Sebastian.

"'Cause he's David." Sebastian rolled his eyes at me. "He wears it regularly."

"And there's a problem with that how?" David spoke up.

"Absolutely nothing." I shook my head. "It just shows that you're a manly man; unlike someone." I started laughing as they stared at me in amusement. "What are you staring at?"

"Your face."

"Your mom."

"Your dad."

"Ew Seb. . ."

"Eww!" Sebastian screeched. "You're so gross."

"You are!"

"You guys, we gotta get going." Chuck knocked on the open door to get our attention. The two nodded and followed closely behind Chuck. I decided to take a different route and explored the hallways, looking for Annie.

"Mommy!" I heard a little voice cry behind me after I had passed one room. I stopped and walked backwards back into the doorway of the room I had just merely passed.

"Baby!" I mocked her, going into the room and crouching down as she ran to me. "How is my little darling?"

"I'm having fun!" she giggled.

"Oh really?"

She nodded. "Are you having fun mommy?"

"Yes I am darling."

"Let's go watch the guys." Alice said and got up from sitting on the floor next to me. "C'mon Annie, let's go." she held her hand out to Annie and she happily grabbed it, running out the door with Alice.

"C'mon girls, let's go!" Annie ran back and stuck her head in the door, yelling and telling the other girls to go with her. Laughing, they all laughed and stood up. I walked slowly behind with Jamie.

"So how are you and Sebastian?"

"We're great." I saw her smirk out of the corner of my eyes. "Got your eyes on any man yet?"

"Maybe, maybe not." I answered, a small smile trying to form on my face.

She gasped, "Oh, who is it?" she seemed interested.

"I can't tell you who."

"You can. We tell each other everything remember?" she asked me and I still shook my head. "You can tell me." she whined, walking backwards in front of me. "Who can it be that would make it so bad?"

I thought things over in my head. I know I like a guy but I wasn't sure who until now. And only until now did I realize who it is, that it's gonna be a big mess, and that Cheyenne was just oh-so right.

"Because I just realized who he is and that he has a girlfriend."

"Oh now you gotta tell me."

"I can't 'cause you know both of them."

"I do?" she questioned confusingly.

"Yes you do."

"Please?" she continued to beg but I refused to. After a few minutes of her begging and me saying no, we were still no where near the stage and I was starting to get tired of shaking my head so I decided to just tell her now. "Please?!"

"Fine! I'll tell you!" she smiled brightly and stopped walking, making me almost walk into her. I looked around us, making sure that no one - especially him and her - was around to hear.

"Well, tell me." she encouraged me to go on.

I sighed and looked anywhere but her. "It's David." I heard her gasp and she held a grip on my shoulder.

"Our David? David Desrosiers?"

"Yes." I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. "Desrosiers."

"But he has a girlfriend."

"I know that!" I backed away from her and leaned against a nearby wall. "I know that and that's why I didn't want to tell you."

"This will be a big mess. . ." I heard her say to herself.

"Yeah, tell me about it." I sighed and leaned my head back. "What do I do Jamie? I feel like such a school girl."

"That bad ey?"

"Yeah." All of this is surprising me myself.

"I don't really know what to say to help you." she said and I shrugged.

"Let's just go watch the show."

"Good idea." She agreed and I got up from the wall.

We started walking down the hall, taking turns here and there, just finding our way around this new place and to the stage where Simple Plan was going to perform. We walked in silence; I started thinking to myself about everything that was happening. How could Cheyenne have seen this before me? Oh well, she probably has that almost - high school - senses.

I never knew how constantly David was running through my mind. I never noticed how unique he was. I never noticed how I always seemed to be enchanted by him - just being around him, just even thinking about him. I never realized how funny he really is - let alone, how sweet he really is.
♠ ♠ ♠
.