There's No Turning Back

Fights, Fists, and Teasing

"What the hell's going on over here?" David asked, frowning at Bud and pulled me over near him by the waist as I stumbled back.

Bud laughed, "See Lianne? I told you; not what I see." he repeated, a smile on his lips. He turned his attention over to David, shaking his head, "So, I see lover boy finally came to the rescue."

I saw David raised an eyebrow at him, sending him a questioning look. "Leave him out of this," I snarled and sent another glare his way.

"Why are you standing up for him, Laney?" he asked in a high tone, seeming to become angrier. My grip on David's shirt tightened at the use of my nickname.

"What have you got against her?" David shouted angrily.

Bud crossed his arms across his chest and his brows arched together, "Maybe the fact that she left me, in pain," he glared at me and looked back at David, "And as an added plus, it seems like you have stolen her from me forever."

Both, David and mine's mouth dropped open in surprise - but David seemed to be in a bigger shock, "Stole her from you? Why are you bringing me into this?! I don't know who you are and you don't know me; and already, you're accusing us of being together?" David let out a little snicker and was about to continue when I stepped in.

"Just stop it." I tried to stay calm.

"Well, now aren't you guys all lovey dovey." Bud scoffed, "You can do so much better Lianne." he rolled his eyes and I nodded.

"Yeah, I can do so much better; better than you." I spat.

"What does he have that I don't?" he started to advance towards me again, "Do I have to grow my hair out like all the others?" he took a step forward, "Do I have to start wearing makeup for you?" he took another step forward, "Do I have to start wearing tight pa --"

"I told you Bud; Leave him out of this." I snarled once again through gritted teeth once it came to me that he was trying to describe David.

"Wait wait wait," David walked up between us, "You're Bud? The Bud?" he asked and Bud smirked.

"I see I'm still mentioned." I rolled my eyes.

"The bastard who left her with the kids." David stated one last time before shoving him. Bud regained his balance and sent David a glare. "So my theory was right earlier," David smirked, an evil smirk, "She could do way better than you - whether with me or someone else. I am so sure that they'll treat her with more respect than you ever will."

I stood up straight with wide eyes, in shock that David was trying to start a fight with this guy - or at least he made it seem like it. Just then, Ashleigh came up behind me. "What's going on?" she asked in a small voice, staring at the two men.

I saw Bud's fist curl up into a tighten ball. He gritted his teeth and the next thing we all knew, he swung at David - but that didn't seem to affect him at all; he just swung one right back at him. Ashleigh and I gasped as the scene before us turned into a full fist fight.

We both ran over to them and tried to pull them apart from each other but it was no use. It continued up to when I got fed up with everything and kicked Bud on the side. It caught him off guard and I used my leg to forcefully push him off of David. Right then, I saw security guards run over.

Bud got up on his feet and brought his hand up, bringing it down hard across my face when I wasn't paying any attention. I gasped and held onto my cheek as I stared at him straight in the eyes. On instinct, I brought my foot up and in between his legs right when the security guards finally reached us. I felt them pull me back, roughly pick Bud off the ground, and drag David off from the floor. They all brought us to the outside of the mall.

I held the cheek that was stinging in pain the whole way and sent my anger in the form of glares down at the ground, watching our feet move rapidly.

This whole thing wasn't supposed to turn out like this - David wasn't supposed to get involved and hurt; and Ashleigh wasn't meant to come and witness all this. I was pretty sure she stood off to the side the whole time when we were talking.

Otherwise, instead of speaking softly, she would've yelled when she came up to me and the guys started to fight; it wouldn't have been so awkward as we hovered closely together, watching in horror as they swung at each other with full force.

I'm pretty sure she heard it all - I know she heard it all; and now, she'll take it the wrong way. I can just sense that this would be the end of her and David. He'll get his heart broken and torn into pieces, all because of Bud and I.

Man, this will surely build up on me when the news come.

The guards roughly let go of us and put on their tough countenance. They started to demand the truth and sort out what happened. After arguments after arguments and more yelling, it was decided - to them - that this was almost unsolvable, or it was with Bud. So, they decided to just let us go, but they didn't leave until they were sure that we were separated off from Bud - far away as possible.

"I am so sorry," I apologized, sighing and placing my head in my hands as I leaned against my car. I slapped my hands on my thighs in frustration and exhaled, looking at the couple in front of me with their hands entwined.

I looked up at the apartment building before me. I could here music coming from inside so I knew that Cheyenne and Annie were home from school already. David had insisted on following me home behind my car, just to make sure that I got back safely despite the fact that it was still daylight out.

"I didn't mean for anything to happen," I quietly said.

"Was that why we had to duck and quickly get out of the music store?" David wondered and Ashleigh gave him a questioning look as I nodded.

"I saw him in there and if we stayed any longer, he would've came over and start a scene in the store."

"And then you sent me off to get something?"

I nodded again, "I'm sorry David; I didn't want to bring you into this whole thing. I knew that I couldn't escape him but I would have rather faced him alone than bring you into it with me." I explained and now it was his turn to nod in understandment.

"But you know, I don't care." he shrugged and I looked up at him with a confused expression. He continued on, "I wouldn't care whether you didn't want me to be in this or not, 'cause either way, I'm gonna be in it. I'm here for you Lianne, and there's no way I'm letting one of my friends deal with a creep like him by themself." he said genuinely and I looked up at him, seeing clearly that he was serious.

I smiled at him, "Thanks." he nodded, "Maybe I should just get a restraining order against him and not let him visit the kids." I thought out loud as I looked back up at the apartment building. I saw David nod out of the corner of my eyes.

He advanced towards me and pulled me into a one arm hug. I returned it, seeing as how his other hand was entwined with Ashleigh. Giving him a full hug would be awkward with her there - who, by the way, sent me a glare the moment he touched me.

"That would be a great idea," he whispered in my ear and rubbed my back reassuringly, discreet from his girlfriend's view.

"Bye David," I said and pulled away, then looked over at Ashleigh, "Bye Ash." I waved at her and she gave me a small, sarcastic smile. She pulled David towards his car and got in the passenger side, waiting for him to slowly get in the car. I stood and watched as they drove away, down the street before going up the stairs and towards my apartment.

I unlocked the door and walked in, seeing Annie playing with her toys in the living room.

"Mommy!" she squealed and ran to me. I squatted down right when she tackled me into a hug and I fell backwards slightly, giggling.

"It's nice to see you too baby." I picked her up and laid her on my hip, looking at her, "How was your day."

"Fun," she smiled, "The teacher read to us about the cow that jumped over the moon." she told me excitedly and I gasped.

"Did the cow make it over?" I asked her and she nodded quickly, slowly sliding down my hip. I let her down and she ran back to playing with her toys. I walked into the kitchen to get some water and I saw Cheyenne in there, making some easy macs.

"Bonjour Mommy," she greeted me with an added accent. She turned and faced me, her face turning into a frown, "What's wrong? You look distressed."

I shook my head and opened the refrigerator, grabbing a water bottle out. I leaned against the counter and watched her as she continued on making another easy mac for Annie. In my eyes, nothing much about her - nor Annie - resembles Bud in any way.

"Is your father good to you when he takes you and Annie out?" I asked her, tilting my head to the side.

She shrugged, "He's not that great of a dad - it's almost like he doesn't even know how to be one. But he seems fine towards Annie."

"What does he mostly do, or talk about?"

"He seems to talk about you a lot --"

"Good or bad?" I frowned.

"Erm ..." she hesitated, thinking, "Both I guess... But if he's not talking about you, then he's either talking about his wife, other women, or how he would raise us - what he would give us - if he never left us alone with you and moved in with us." she said and I felt my grip tighten on the water bottle.

"Do you really want to see him?" I asked, curious.

She shrugged once again, "I wouldn't really care if I see him again or not."

"What about Annie?"

"She'll be fine. Her feelings for him is neutral. All she really needs is someone to lead a fatherly role for her since at home, she's practically surrounded with girls." I nodded and silently mouthed 'oh'. "One of my guy friends can even come over to play that role and she'll be fine." she joked and I rolled my eyes, a smile appearing across my face.

"Oh, I really want that." I said sarcastically and she just laughed.

"Fine, we can have David come over and do that." she ran out of the kitchen with the two bowls of mac and cheese in hand. My eyes grew wide as I ran after her. She plopped down on the couch after swiftly placing that bowls quietly down on the table.

She laid down in a fetal position, shielding herself as I sprinkled the remains of my water on her. "You just love teasing me don't you." I faked a glare.

She gasped, "So you admit it?!"

I rolled my eyes, "Long ago, girl."

She scoffed, "Well, I didn't know. And besides, I'm only just kidding. Having him over is just like having another kid in the house with Annie; what difference would it make?"

"Oh, you'd be surprised at how he can be." Sarcasm was slightly mixed into the sentence. Cheyenne nodded, not really believe me. "Oh c'mon; why do you always see him as immature?"

"'Cause he is!"

"'Cause you're always around Annie, a little girl whenever you're around him." she couldn't find anything to counteract, "Hah." I laughed, "Just watch, you'll see one day." I pointed accusingly at her.

"So, I see you have had quite the time with him," she wriggled her eyebrows, "Getting close and all."

I groaned, "Shut up. I don't need this from you either." I chucked the empty bottle at her and headed towards my room, "I need sleep."