Status: WE'RE WORKIN' ON IT!

Lovely.

Hannah.

“Just pick a movie, would you?”

I pouted as I continued my search for a movie on demand. The both of us were having a wild Friday night at the house, with just ice cream and popcorn for company. We sat on the couch in the tv room as our eyes bored into the television screen.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World wasn’t that bad,” I commented.

“Saw that more than once.”

I kept going down the menu; not one of the movies caught our interest. She wanted to see a horror film but I refused to. Instead I wanted to settle for something on the romance section.

“What’s Hard Candy?’”

“Oh, God,” I rolled my eyes. “Chris and I watched that before. It was terrible.”

A few more minutes passed and she called out, “That!”

I stopped on Nightmare on Elm Street. “I’m not letting my mom pay $5 for a movie if I wouldn’t even watch halfway through it.”

I scrolled down more and after arguing what movie to watch (I wanted to see The Breakfast Club. Georgia, however, wanted to see The Lostboys).

In the end we settled (despite my fears) for a Korean movie called The Wig.

Immediately I grabbed a pillow and cowered behind it, glancing up at the screen every now and then. If there was going to be a pop-up, at least I was prepared. Looking over at Georgia I saw that she was calm.

Halfway through the movie, I was practically crying. I was screaming every now and then when there was a gory scene. And each time Georgia would throw a pillow at me.
“Hannah, it’s just a movie! Calm the fuck down! Look, nothing is going to—holy shit.”

Towards the end I had bitten almost all my nails and my ears hurt from covering it too hard to block out the sound. Georgia had stolen the remote from the beginning to make sure I didn’t turn the volume down.

We didn’t even get to the end until Georgia lay on the couch, yawning and suggesting that we should change the movie.

“You don’t like it?” I scowled, grabbing the remote from her hands.

“This movie isn’t scary at all. And it’s really confusing.”

“That’s it. We’re watching The Breakfast Club.”

Two hours later after the movie was finished, we flipped through the channels. Both of us weren’t ready to go to sleep yet and there wasn’t anything to watch. Not much of a surprise; there really isn’t anything entertaining on television at two in the morning. Except for porn movies but we certainly weren’t going to dwell on that consideration.

Every now and then I would constantly look at my phone in case I had missed a call or a text from Chris. The thing about him was that we never exactly fought. We had our catfights when we were younger but now I didn’t mind him. Every time he was around we would always pull pranks on David, our older brother. Sarah, our little sister, was still young. Sometimes Chris would bring me to the studio, let me meet his friends, and would often bring me to shows. He smoked weed and often drank, sometimes even cursed in every sentence.

Nevertheless, he was a good brother. He’d take me everywhere and offered me advice. Listening to his music and CDs, it made me admire him; seeing him actually doing something he loved.

Mom and dad weren’t always in a good relationship with him. Chris had gone through a lot of things that they weren’t approved of his behavior.

That was why Chris didn’t visit often. It would be the first time in five months I’ll get to see him but for only two weeks.

We settled for That 70’s Show and dug through the bag of Doritos. By this time Georgia was laying on the couch while I lay comfortably on the blanket on the floor. I propped up my elbow and rested my chin on my hand.

“That new guy who replaced Eric has no place in my heart,” Georgia muttered.

“Want to watch something else then?” I rolled over and laid my head on one of the many pillows Georgia had thrown at me. “Sarah has a bunch of Disney and Pixar DVDs in her room.”

Georgia shrugged, pushing the half empty bag of Doritos away on the near table, “I’m actually getting a little tired.”

After that silence ensued and I fidgeted under the blanket. The only reason we were sleeping downstairs was because a) My room was a complete and utter mess b) My mom had wanted us here because she believed there were ants infested in the corners of my room and c) It was pretty small anyway.

With my eyes half open, I noticed that it was quiet. I turned around and saw Georgia sleeping. Turning off the television, I pulled the blanket over my head and closed my eyes.

I didn't realize how tired I really was until I did. No sooner than later I was knocked out. But unfortunately, sleep didn't last long. It felt like it was only five minutes when I heard a yell.

”What the fuck!”

Startled, I woke up and sat up quickly. Looking over at Georgia, I gasped.

Chris was standing over her, a bucket in his hand. Taking in the scene, my brother had apparently made quite a good first impression on her. Georgia’s hair was matted with water; her face of both shock and anger.

From the windows, I could see that it was way too early; too early that the sun wasn’t even out yet. I groped around the blankets for my cellphone. I opened it and saw I had three texts and one missed call, all from Chris. It was five in the morning. I groaned. Clearly I was not a morning person.

“Oh shit!” Chris looked at Georgia then at me. “Wrong person! Sorry!”

I rolled my eyes and stood up. Punching him in the arm slightly, I complained, "You fucking woke us up so early!" But then I smiled and tackled that sucker in a bear hug. He patted my head and I sniffed his hoodie, wrinkling my nose.

“You smell like cigarettes.” He wrapped his arms around me, chuckling.

“Ahem!” Georgia glared over at us. “I’m sorry to interrupt the whole reunion but I’m still pretty wet here.”

“Sorry,” I laughed as Chris broke away from me. He didn't say anything; he went off downstairs to the basement. “I think my brother is getting a towel.” I sat on the other couch, still giggling at Georgia and sure enough, Chris came back with a yellow towel in his hands.

He threw it over at her. She mumbled a small “thanks” and began drying her face and hair.
Grabbing the remote from the floor, he sat next to me and turned on the television.

“Surprised me in the shower once I got home.” He looked at me and smiled slightly. I laughed. True to my word, I had taped the poster of Justin Bieber in the bathroom once everyone had gone to bed.

“Still pulling pranks on me, huh, Han?”

“So that’s why you were trying to dump water on my face while I was sleeping?” I raised my eyebrows.

He ruffled his untidy hair. That’s when I finally noticed his appearance.

Chris was a lot skinnier than before and he had bags under his eyes. Other than that, he looked the same. He was wearing a fleece hoodie and light-blue ripped up skinnies. His bare feet shone his tattoos.

“I thought that was you on the couch.” He looked at Georgia apologetically. “And it was too dark to see. I’m sorry.”

“She’s Georgia by the way,” I beamed. Georgia waved the towel now on her lap. “Georgia, this is my second older brother Chris.”

“Nice to meet you,” Chris grinned, saluting.

And Georgia smiled.

“Likewise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it!