Status: Updates may be slow but i will update XD as long as i know ppls loves it and comment XD

Lustrous Dangers

Chapter 6.

Matt’s P.O.V*

I slammed the front door closed a she ran past the mid way point of our street and turned to the wall and started beating the shit out of it over and over… as I was about to throw my next punch I heard a scream that I recognised easily, it was the scream of the girl I gave my heart, and I knew it wasn’t a scream of anger or of sadness but more a scream of pain… but as I went to walk back upstairs thinking that the pain was over my stupid idiotic and screwed up actions I heard a growl right after her scream cut off…
“Vanessa…”
I whispered as I raced back down the stairs and out the front door across the road where I found her laying in the foyer with the door wide open and there was blood near her and as I looked further into the house trying to figure out where else the blood could possibly have come from because I already checked Nessa because she was my first and only priority and once I knew it wasn’t her I ventured and that’s when I found the real source of her screams it was her mother, it was Katherine or at least her body and whatever was left of stomach.
I tried to see what had caused Katherine to be in this state… and at the back door running towards the bush I saw the behind of what looked like that same wolf that Zacky and I disposed of… I ran over to the back door slammed it closed and locked it then spun back around and raced back over to where Vanessa’s still and pale body lay and Katherine’s bloody remains strewn over the hall way floor.
“Vanessa, I love you…”
I whispered to her as I lifted her up off of the floor and carried her to the lounge. She stirred slightly as I placed her as gently as possible onto the lounge and then pulled the back lounge cover that I knew from experience was extremely warm and draped it over her slim body that was stricken obviously with distraught. When she woke up I knew she wouldn’t be the same, I mean how could she when her mother just died from what I think was a wolf attack and she walked in on.
I swallowed down the vomit that was sitting at the back of my throat just from me looking at the horrid sight of Katherine. Her body just looked so sick and pale and petrified compared to the usual glow and healthy and bubbly look that she had passed onto her beautiful daughter. I knew I had to clean up a bit before the cops got here. I got some gloves that I found on top of the sink and started to clean the area up a bit like the long streaks of blood on the walls around where Katherine was obviously trying to fend off the wolf then the weird lines of blood all around the room then when that was done I tried to fix Katherine up to make it look like a suicide or something. Not really knowing or having any ideas on how to do that I put a ragged old knife into her hand and splayed it with her blood and tried really hard to make it look like she had killed herself.
When I was nearly done I heard Vanessa mumbling and knew she would awake any moment now and hoped it looked convincing to even her that it was a suicide even though she probably already knew that it wasn’t.
“Matt…”
I chuckled softly. Amazing how even after we were fighting that in times as sad and horrible as this she subconsciously and consciously needed me there for support. And believe me I will always be here for her no matter what; I just hope that she knows that…
I heard her moving around and me being the worried wart that I am when it comes to her safety got up from where I was and raced over to the couch.
“Vanessa are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?”
Hey, come on I know I checked and everything but I gotta be sure, it is the girl I wanna spend the rest of my life with after all.
“Matt…”
Her voice that was so soft normally was hoarse and dry like she had been eating sandpaper.
“Yes baby, I'm right here.”
“Matt where is my mum?”
“I'm sorry Nessa… I’m so sorry but she… well she’s gone…”
At this her eyes widened and glistened as she shot up on the couch and looked over the back of it to see the much less gruesome site that is her mother’s death. She sniffled as she turned back around to face me and threw her arms around my neck and cried into the crook of my neck.
“I can’t….believe that…she is really…”
“Shh… I know…I know Nessa… come on let’s get you back over to my house where it is safe so I can call the cops and let them find the body… hmm what do you say baby?”
She simply nodded her head seeing as she was having immense difficult speaking. So I lifted her up once more into my arms and carried her out the front door and as we were walking out I grabbed he duffle bag and carried Nessa and her stuff back to my house and when we got there I took her back up to my room and placed her on my bed where she curled up on the blankets and pillows and I turned around and put her stuff on the floor and went to walk downstairs to lock everything up and get her some bread and water to see if she could keep it down long enough and so as she got some food into her hoping it would bring some colour back into her gorgeous face again.
“NO MATT!! DON’T….”
“What?!?!”
I swung around worried and raced back over to where she had sat up on the bed and as I held her face in my hands and checked to see if she was ok my heart lunged and skipped a beat before picking up again in double time.
“Don’t... Matt please…. Don’t leave me…”
I cupped her face in my hands again and her hand came up to rest on mine as she lent her head into my hands and closed her eyes to whisper those words.
“Nessa I would never leave you… never baby… I am only going to be gone for a few minutes I promise… I'm only going downstairs to get you something to eat and drink ok then I will come straight back up here to you ok… how does that sound baby?”
She opened her eyes and looked up into my eyes and nodded. I relaxed my body and leaned forward so as I could gently kiss her smooth forehead and then her lips before I got up and raced downstairs and locked every door and every window then racing into the kitchen and grabbing the whole bread and grabbing the butter and butter knife and a glass and filling it up before racing back upstairs.
“Nessa, I'm back are you ok?”
“…”
No reply… what the? I put everything on the end of the bed and pull the covers back a bit to find her curled up into a ball and sound asleep, I heaved out an exhausted sigh before turning on my heel and removing the bread and water and butter and butter knife off of the bed and onto the bed side table. I walked around to my side of the bed and got under the covers with her and cuddled up next to her and hugged her sleeping body to mine.
This was obviously not going to be the last time we were going to encounter this wolf thing. I needed to keep a better eye on Nessa… because I know that without her I'm nothing.