Status: UNICORNOIS!!

I'm Not Insane

22 of 22 (Epilogue)

Sitting in my room, I choking back the sobs that racked my body. I was surrounded by all of my bags. Everything I had ever owned, was packed into my suitcases. Everyone was gone from my room, it felt as if I had abandoned everything and just left. I sighed as I thought of everyone's reaction. They all placated me and told me that they were proud and happy for me.

I brought my knees to my chest and buried my head in my hands. My tears leaked down creating black smudges on my cheeks. All I could think, was if my grandparents would be proud of me or if they would want me to stay and be with everyone.

Hearing footsteps and my door creak open, I just tightened my hold on my knees. The mystery person walked over and pulled up the desk chair to where I was sitting on my bed. The slightly coarse hand pushed my bangs away. The hand slid down and cupped my face pulling it upward.

I was met by the familiar startling blue eyes that had grown to aggravate me over the past few months. Ripping my head out of his hand, I heard a sigh. More tears leaked out and the hand reached again, as if to brush them off. Not letting him, I rolled away and onto my back. Another sigh and the bed shifted.

"What the hell do you want Andy?"I asked, growling a little bit.

"I want to apologize for the way I've acted and I.."he said trailing off. "Never mind,"he said.

"No Andy, what were you gonna say,"I said as I cocked my head back to face him.

"I love you," he replied, locking his eyes with mine.

Our faces gravitated towards each other and our lips met. The kiss was slow but full of passion. The kiss turned heavy and we pulled away. He pulled at my shirt and his eyes asked for permission. I had lost control of my actions and reasoning and all I could do was just nod. Soon our clothes were on the ground. Everything happened so quick.

I knew it was his way of trying to make me stay, but he still has a girlfriend and this wasn’t changing anything.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*NEXT MORNING_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

I didn't sleep a wink last night. I pulled from Andy's tight embrace. Ripping a piece of paper from the notebook under my bed, I wrote:

Dear Andy,
No matter what happens, last night didn't change anything. By the time you read this I'll be gone and you'll still be in Huntington. I have changed my mind and you can tell everyone, but I have changed my mind from New York. I wish you a happy life and I hope the best for you. It is time for me to leave.
Love Vee.

Folding the note half and then half again, I set it on the nightstand. Sighing, I grabbed my bags and I left. I grabbed my passport and called a cab. I walked down to the end of the driveway with all my bags.

As soon as I slid into the backseat of the cab I heard someone scream my name. I didn't look back as I told the driver to keep going. Turning on my ipod, I muffled the tears in my sleave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment what you liked, disliked and/or what I could've done better.

and don't forget to read the sequel. It's ten times better than this story, or at least I think so.