Status: Active and New. :)

Screams in the Dark

Chapter Twenty

They'd both passed out from exhaustion. Jack was sleeping on the floor where he cried hours before. Zack was on the couch.

It wasn't til the sun peered through the window, shining into Zacks eyes, he finally woke.

He felt around for his phone. His eyes struggled to read the time. 12:37.

"Fuck!" he yawned.

Stretching he sat up. Looking around.

"Jack! Jack! Where are you!" he was sent into a panic.

Not again, he thought. Please he begged, he hoped he didn't sleep through another one of his friends abductions.

"Yeah, I'm in my room!" he called out.

Minutes later he walked in to where Zack was.

"Why are you wearing that?" he said looking the boy up and down.

"You saw the others, I'm giving him what he wants. Today's the day Zack. I'm not waitin any longer." he said rolling up his sleeves of his old costume.

Zack nodded.

He wasted no time of grabbing his keys and running to the car.

Today's the day. He's saving her. His Emily. And he's getting his friends back.

"You ready for this?"

Jacks voice broke his train of thought.

"Uhhh yeah. As ready as I'll ever be." he said.

"I feel a lil sick." he winced.

"Its gonna be ok bro. We're doing this." he said patting his friend on his back.

"Yeah. Sure." he sighed starting the car.

"Well where too?" he asked looking ahead.

"Old dirt road by the apple fest. Bout two miles down. You'll stop bout 50 feet back. Then I'll do my best. And you watch ok?"

The boy nodded and started to drive to the destination.

---

"Here. Here, stop here." Jack said looking at his surroundings.

"Get out and follow me, stay in the woods though, and you come in as soon as you can when he takes me in."

Zack nods.

Jacks sighs.

"Game on?" he smiles

Zack can't help but laugh.

"Game on."

He sighs as he watches his friend hop out of the car and run towards the building.

He does what he's told. He stays back behind a tree, watching Jack through rocks at windows and at the doors.

"Come on fucker! Why so fucking serious?! Huh!" Jack screamed.

"You need a joker don't ya?! Come on you piece of shit! I'm here! You know you want me!"

Zack saw the man appear before Jack did. He ached to tell his friend to watch out, but he couldn't, it'd ruin the plan. Instead he sat there. Watched the man swing a bat to his friends knees.

He watched as he pulled his friend into that hell, screaming and cursing.

-----

"Ow! Seriously you douche-fuck! You had to drag me down the steps!" Jack spat as he was thrown to the concrete.

"Jack!"

"Kase don-" he was cut off as the man kicked his ribs.

He spit up some blood, wiping it away, he prayed Zack would come soon.

He heard kaseys cries, emilys screams, but he didn't hear Rian or Alex.

He looked up to see them bound and gagged.

Just then there was another kick to the ribs.

"Fuck!" he cried

"Come on you Pansy! Ain't ya gunna fight for your pretty little lady?" the man laughed delivering more kicks.

"Youre going to fucking die!" Jack laughed spitting more blood.

The man paused.

"What are you going to do? Hmmm? I think I'm in control of who dies here." he said digging his foot into the boys ribs.

"Thats what you think."

The mans face went blank. He turned to see Zack. Before he could comprehend anything a crowbar was swung to meet his head.

He stumbled, taking the blow hard.

Emily and Kasey screamed.

Zack continued swing and jabbing the man with his weapon.

"You like this? Huh? Asshole! Fucking touch my friends!" he said bringing the bar to the mans ribs.

The man fell unconscious.

Zack scurried around looking for the keys before he found them on the table.

He unlocked Rians and Alexs cage first. Unbound them and helped them take off their gags.

He reached over and undid kaseys next.

The girl ran to Jack and helped to support him.

He unlocked Emilys cage, and ran to her. He took her in his arms and held her.

"I am so sorry Em..." he said when their eyes met.

She shook her head

"Its ok...you saved us!"

"I'm not trying to be a dick here but can we please get the fuck out of here?" Alex groaned

They all nodded.

Rian helped Alex walk out, Zack picked up Emily and carried her, whispering I'm sorry over and over.

Kasey ducked under Jacks arm, and wrapped her arm around his waist.

"Come on, let's get out of here, and burn these fucking costumes." she said.

No matter how much pain he was in, Jack couldn't help but smile.

---

Zack cuddled Emily in his arms in the back of his car. There wasn't enough room for everyone so Zack volunteered to just hold Emily in the back seat. He tried to get them both situated with the seat belt, and he just couldn't hold it in anymore.

"I'm sorry Emmy, so sorry," Zack mumbled into the frail girls shoulder. She just sighed and buried her head into his shoulder, not bothering to mind if her blood got on him.

"I shouldn't have left you alone, I should have woke up! I should have done something, just look at you! You're injured and, God, this is all my fault! Please forgive me! God, please Emily.."

Zack was cut off when Emily's lips found their way on top of his.The girl was sick of his blubbering. Honestly she didn't blame him in the least, she just didn't have the voice to tell him that. So she came up with the next best solution, she kissed him.

The girl moved her head back and placed it back on his shoulder, a smile playing on her bruised face. Zack just smiled finally silenced and relaxed in the seat.

Now, it was time for them all to start over, and try to forget all that had happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter!

Thanks to Everyone!!
We're working on the sequel tell US what you want to see in it!