Status: In process. Kind of slow but getting there. :D

I Was Always a Biter

1. Jelly legs and suave men

**************
Ashley’s POV

I had never been out so late in my life. Maybe ten o’clock isn’t late for normal people but for me it’s horribly late. I was terrified of these streets at night. Chicago was never safe and especially not at night.

My hands wrapped even tighter around my violin case. It was almost slipping from my fingers because of how much I was sweating. I stopped and swung the strap over one of my shoulders to make it easier to hold. Now my back would support the case.

I have seen enough of the news to prove to me that these streets weren’t safe. People were being shot, raped, beaten, robbed, and killed. Not my idea of a fun time. Not to mention the drug busts continuously.

I was coming home from a school instrumental concert. We had them about three times a year. It was always a lot of fun because students actually came to see us. So I felt really nice taking the time out to help make it perfect. I also helped clean and make sure our instruments returned to safety. So here I am now, alone in the dark, walking home.

“My my my, what do we have here?”

I hadn’t noticed the two males walking towards me. My eyes locked with the sight in front of me and I stopped walking. They were right in front of me blocking my way. There were in fifties suits I swear. I haven’t seen any like the ones now. So that was my guess. I mean ‘retro’ was in.

The bowler hats almost made me jealous. I used to have one myself but I couldn’t find it any more. The one on my right was some what tall. He had brown hair just past his ears with some coco brown eyes. He had lips to die for. His bottom lip so full and demanding in its sadistic curl.

The other had matching color hair with it shorter. His brown eyes where staring at me with great interest. They circled around me and I tried to walk past them. The one that spoke walked in front of me again.

His hand was held up to stop me, “Where are you going?”

My voice had some kind of strength, “Excuse me.”

The other male chuckled, “She speaks.”

I took a step forward and the male in front of me pushed me back, “We just want to talk so relax.”

I stumbled backwards and caught myself with the help of the other male. The one in front of me tilted his head to the side with a smile, “You are beautiful.”

I felt the heat rise to my cheeks. I was not only scared but I wasn’t one to take compliments well. I was already shy and then try to add a complement on top just didn’t help.

“No thank you?” The male behind me spoke, “I believe when a man compliments a woman she says thank you.”

“Ross! Urie! What are you doing?”

There was a third male that came into the picture. He was at least six foot. He was dressed like them but he seemed to take it do another level. He was the one with the cane, the fur scarf that was probably real. His white gloves seemed to glow in the dark. His hair seemed long enough to brush his shoulders.

When he came up to us I nearly fainted. He had such an angelic face. His lips were thin and his nose was pretty much perfect. His brown eyes seemed to know the deepest secrets.

“What do we have here? A girl out so late?”

I looked away from him. I couldn’t bring myself to look at him. He was so attractive. I mean there weren’t any guys at my school that could top that. I felt the heat continue to make my cheeks red. My heart was going to beat out of my chest.

Why wasn’t I running? These people are probably killers!

“She was walking home when we found her. I’m assuming coming from a concert. She has a violin case.”

“Oh?” The new male sounded intrigued, “I see.”

I watched his feet come closer to me and he stopped near me. He moved to be in front of me and the other males back off. I felt something cold against my chin. Next thing I know my chin is being forced in a direction towards this new male.

I locked eyes with him and tried to look away. I backed away from him and tried to run. My legs felt like jelly. I couldn’t run if I wanted to.

“You don’t have to fear me child. I won’t hurt you. They might but I won’t.”

One of the malesspoke, “She’s uber shy William.”

He sounded annoyed, “Well what do you expect. She had two creeps walk up to her. I would be shy too.”

“No. I can sense it.”

“Enough with your game Brendon.” He looked at the one of the males and looked back at me, “Now tell me. What is your name?”

“I…uh. Look, I just want to go home.”

I still hadn’t looked at him and he continued, “Well dear, tell me what I want to know and you can go. I promise.”

Maybe he wanted to know where there was a decent drug dealer or something.

I looked up at him and he smiled, “You can trust me. I’m a man of my word. Now tell me; your name?”

“Ashley Becks.”

He looked at me confused and then surprised, “We have similar names then. I’m William. William Beckett.”

When he said his name he grabbed onto my hand and kissed it softly. I pulled my hand away and wanted to be in my safe room. I’m sure my parents were worried by now. I wanted to leave these freaks alone and move on with my life.

He patted the top of my case, “How long have you been playing?”

“A few years off and on.”

“I can play myself. I think I’m fairly alright. Ah. I haven’t played in years. I must pull mine out tonight. Maybe sometime we can do a duet.”

“Well, well, well, Mr. Beckett just can’t seem to control himself can he?”

I heard William grow and we both looked over to the small group of males. There was a guy in the front chewing on some gum. He was tan and about as tall as William. He was dressed in a modern day suit and had a bit of a New York accent on the edges of his words.

“Saporta.” There was pure hatred there, “I suggest you leave if you value your life.”

The ‘Saporta’ guy walked up to William and smiled, “You’re one to talk. You know I’m stronger then you. You should just give in. Makes life easier.”

I started to move forward away from them all as I continued to watch everyone. I was hoping they’d let me leave. I watched the ‘Saporta’ guy keep and eye on me at all times.
He ran his hand down William’s chest and back up across William’s shoulder, “And who is this pretty lass?”

He walked past William and started towards me. William spoke, “Ashley. She’s coming home from a concert. She’s mine.”

Saporta laughed, “Now William. That simple won’t do. We all know I’m the one who makes the rules. If she is yours then she is mine. It’s how it goes. You think your Dandies are so strong but we could so simply steal all of ‘your’ things.”

They were some kind of gang? What is this world coming to?

“Gabriel? You’re dreaming. Go back to South America and take your so called men with you. We don’t need you in the states.”

Gabriel Saporta and William Beckett. Then it’s either Brendon Urie or Brendon Ross. I still didn’t know which one was Brendon but I at least had names for the cops.

Gabriel continued to laugh till he reached me. Well, appeared in front of me. He just appeared. I mean literally. I stepped back and he smirked. He licked his lips, “I’m going to like you.”

“I told you, she’s mine.”

Gabriel sounded playful, “Want to fight for her?”

I walked past him and he grabbed my arm. I looked at him and he spoke softly, “Don’t run far. I hate the chasing part.”

He let go of me and I stood there. Was he letting me go? I felt a little joy. I found the strength in my legs and I ran as fast as I could away from them. I continued to look back and they started to get physical.

I turned the corner and I felt like my heart was going to explode. I could feel the blood in my legs as my feet pushed off the cement. I was trying to take the shortest way home. I was having trouble thinking. I couldn’t’ concentrate. I mean, what was all that about?

What’s going on in the streets of Chicago?
**********
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe. I could use it. :D Thank you for reading.

I aslo have a new Synyster Gates werewolf co-written story also that could use some support. Better Off Dead

I also have a one shot that I'm wondering if I should make into a story: Wrong Place At The Almost Right Time