Status: In process. Kind of slow but getting there. :D

I Was Always a Biter

10. Traded

Ryan's POV

This could be one of the most creative, intellectual ideas I've ever had, or the worst. But one thing was true—This was one of the tasks I had to complete. If I were to fail in acquiring Ashley, Beckett would realize what I was trying to accomplish and have me kicked out of the clan. No vampire wanted that. And if I failed to bring Ashley to Saporta, both Brendon and I would go through a severe punishment. In Saporta's way—Probably a painful, slow death.

I need to focus.

I materialized back into the mansion, luckily, it was feeding time, but Beckett surely wouldn't of left dear Ashley here alone. I ventured up into the hallway to where her door was. Surely enough, there standing was Michael. Guarding her door.

'Hey Michael, you may go feed. I'll watch over the girl. Beckett's orders.’ I told him as calmly as I could.

'No can do Ross', he shook his head; 'Beckett's orders were for me to watch the girl and me only.'

My voice rose, 'Don't make this harder then it needs to be, Michael. I am in no mood or state to hear you’re mouthing off. Beckett wouldn't want to here that now would he?'

Michael left his position from the door, 'No Ross, he wouldn't. I am sorry.'

I smiled as Michael left the hallway, he was gone. This had worked perfectly. I opened the door to Ashley's room to see her laying across the bed humming. I recognized the tune. Marching Bands of Manhattan. I only knew it because of Beckett playing it recently on guitar in his room.

Believe it or not Beckett had a soft side. A really soft side.

She sat up and it snapped me out of my day-dreaming, 'What do you want?'

I lied, 'I'm taking you home. I understand how hard it is to be here.'

'But won't William know I'm gone?', she questioned me.

I lied again, 'It will be fine just come with-'

She ran over and hugged me. Hugged me. It killed me. 'Thank you!', she said still hugging me with her head laying on my chest. I really was a heartless son-of-a-bitch.

I grabbed her hand, 'I'm sorry.' We then materialized into Saporta's view.

Saporta seemed very happy, 'Lookie what we have here! You've finally followed through Ross. Too bad I've gotten Brendon to tell me everything I need to know.' He pushed Brendon's limp body towards me and I grabbed him. The were several deep cuts into his sides, most above his waist.

My voice rose and cracked, 'You liar! You promised! We made a deal!'

'Do not raise your voice at me, Ross. Your fate will then be the same as Brendon's.' He grabbed Ashley from me and smiled, 'You knew me better then anyone, Ryan. You knew not to trust me, but you've failed to intertwine this with your younger experiences. Remember your mother and father? How we made a deal then?'

'Stop.', I commanded him.

Ashley was squirming in his grasp, trying to get away, but Gabe continued to talk, 'How you pleaded for their lives. How you got down on your knees and prayed. And then I killed them. Both of them right in front of you. How does it feel to be tricked again Ryan? Do tell me.'

I dematerialized and went back to the Dandy mansion with Brendon's body. Boy I was in for it. I hoped he was still alive.

-x-x-xx-x-
William's Pov

I turned around to see Ryan holding Brendon's body. Half clothed. I already knew this was going to happen. It was Saporta's 'dirty work'. I hurried over to them and picked Brendon up, 'Sisky, take him to his room. Make sure he heals properly.' Sisky nodded and hurried to Brendon's room. Michael then followed him.

I then turned back to Ross, 'How did you acquire him so quickly?'

Ross stood there emotionless.

'I believe I asked you a question Ryan.'

Michael ran over to me and tried to tell me something, 'Not now Michael. I'm speaking to Ryan and you will only speak when spoken to.'

His voice rose, which I did not expect. He had never risen his voice to me, 'It's about the girl!'

My focus went on him, 'What about her?'

Sisky spoke up next, 'She's gone.'

I turned back to Ryan and glared at him. My voice rose uncontrollably, 'Where is she!' I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and slammed him against the wall. He grabbed onto my arm and stood there quietly. I was choking him. I released a little pressure and then he dematerialized.

He was going back to Saporta
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe