Status: In process. Kind of slow but getting there. :D

I Was Always a Biter

15. I Have A Best Friend

**************
Gabe’s POV

Once I was on the streets I could think. I knew I wanted to feed but I wanted something easy. Something quick to end the pain of hunger. I knew the easiest way to get someone was to get someone that was intoxicated. I mean they’re easy and they can’t fight back.

I headed to a local bar near the hideout and went inside. I was surrounded with the smell of sweat and alcohol. I made my way through and noticed a few pairs of eyes on me. A couple of human females at the bar. I smirked and made my way over to them.

This was going to be too easy.

They tried not to look at me as I made my way over there. I got to the bartender and he asked what I wanted. I asked for a shot of tequila and was quickly receive it. I paid him quickly and the girls got quiet.

I put on a smirk and looked over to them, “And what are you two lovely girls doing in a place like this?”

One girl started to blush and I could sense her heart beat has increased. I tried to calm myself from lunging at her. She was a cute little blonde. The other, brunette, seemed to want to play hard to get but I could see a little of tinge on her cheeks trying to start.

The flushed one spoke, “We’re looking for a good time.”

I shrugged, “This place is alright. The music is decent.”

The not so flushed one looked me up and down, “What brings you here?”

I drowned my tequila, “The same as you.”

I winked and returned the glass to the bar. I had a feeling the blonde flushed one would be the one I would have to take. She was out of it and was the easier target. The other didn’t seem too impressed by me.

After a few minutes of talking the brunette excused herself to use the restroom and I took this time to seal the deal. I moved closer to the blonde with my arm on the table and I swear she blushed more.

“So what is your name?"

“Laura. You?”

I didn’t care if I was coming off sleazy; I was hungry, “Gabe. Gabe Saporta. The one and only.”

She giggled, “It’s a real pleasure Gabe.”

I looked around, “Look. Normally I don’t do this but I know a better place down the street. Wanna join me?”

She looked reluctant at first but I knew the liquor in her system was taking over, “My friend is still here though. But I want to.”

I looked her in the eyes, “Come on. She’ll be fine.”

She nodded, “Ok. I have my phone. She can call me.”

I grabbed her wrist and started to pull her away, “Of course. Let’s go.”

When I got her out of the building we started walking down the street. I was waiting for a person to turn the corner before I did anything. I didn’t want witnesses. When the person did turn I lead Laura into an alleyway. She didn’t seem to protest.

I quickly pressed her against the wall. I covered her mouth with one of my hands and brought my mouth to her neck. I didn’t waste any time ripping the skin open and taking all the blood in. God, I was so hungry. She was fighting against me the whole time. I didn’t care. She was my meal and nothing was going to stop me.

After I had drained her I let her body fall to the ground and backed up. I was still hungry. I needed another human and quick. I tried to calm my self down before I stepped back out into the street.

I heard her phone ring and I backed from the body. I peaked around the corner and her friend was heading this way. This was too easy. I mean really? I was about to get my second human in less then thirty seconds.

Her friend had made it down to me and I grabbed her and dragged her into the ally. She screamed but I drove my fangs into her throat. This time, I bit into her vocal chords. I knew what I was doing. She couldn’t scream now and I got the blood I needed

After I finished I let her fall down next to her friend. I used my hand to clean off the blood on the edge of my lips and chin. Now I felt better. My body was relaxing and adjusting. I was rather surprised that I needed two humans.

I heard a few ‘tsks’ fall from a mouth behind me and I turned around, “You’re always so messy when you feed.”

I smirked when I recognized the voice, “I was just talking about you tonight. I’ve been wondering what trouble you’ve been causing.”

Jess stepped into the light near me and she smirked, “You always said I was psychic.”

I pulled her into a hug, “What are you doing here?”

“Business. A vampire clan around here did some damage. They thought they were going after your boys,” She jabbed me in the chest with her thumb, “But they got some of mine instead.”

“Let me guess, fools in suits?”

She pulled away, “You know them?”

“Dandies. Run by William Beckett. I’ve been having some trouble with him. I have the girl he wants at my place. Thinking of some bargaining.”

She snorted and stepped over the bodies towards the street, “You? Bargain? They’re not even on the same universe.”

I laughed and followed her, “Ah shut up. And what about you? I mean, are you still a weak little thing?”

With in seconds there was a vampire in from of me and he gripped onto my neck. He was smaller then me but he easily lifted me off the ground. I could feel the tips of my shoes brush the ground. The vampire hissed and barred his fangs, “You will not speak of Alpha in such a way.”

Jess turned around and put her hands on her hips, “I don’t know. You tell me. It’s alright Luke. Let him down.”

The vampire pulled away and I rubbed my neck, “Geeze Jess.”

She shrugged, “What can I say, I love my men strong.”

The vampire disappeared and I caught up with her, “So, how is your ‘clan’ so to speak?”

“They’re alright. I have quite few newborns looking for a fight. They’re so anxious lately. So I came here to see you and what do you know. We get attacked. I thought it was you at first but then I realized there was no way it could be you. I mean the nineteen fifties wasn’t your style. Though, I’ll admit he’s got a few cute ones.”

I rolled my eyes, “Please, they’re filth.”

She ran a hand through her dark hair, “Hey now, the can be on the other team and still hot.”

“Please tell me it’s not Urie. Anyone but Urie. Or Ross; it better not be Ross either.”

She furred her brows, “Who?”

I shook my head as we past the bar I was just at, “Look, how about we team up like old times. You can make the bargain even if you want to. Gives you a chance to scope out the boys. I mean, you owe William anyways for him attacking you.”

“You know me Gabe; I don’t do things for free.”

I smirked, “I know that well. How about this, you help me and I’ll get whatever Dandie boy you want.”

She put her right hand out towards me. I shook her hand and I leaned down to kiss her cheek. We were so close she wouldn’t mind. To her it was considered another way to seal the deal in her eyes.

“Now Gabanti,” I hated when she called me that, “Where are some fun spots around here. I’m looking for some fun. Besides, I want to meet this girl you’re keeping-”

That when Ryland appeared out of no where, “Gabe!”

I sighed, “What?”

“She’s gone! Ashley’s gone! The hunters ambushed us and they took her.”

Jess turned to me, “Hunters? There are hunters here?”

I nodded to her and looked over to Ryland, “Pete Wentz and his crew?”

Ryland nodded, “Yes, and I have a feeling they’re going to tell her about us.”

Shit. That was great. Now I had to go get the brat from the hunters before William did. I sighed and Jess was still looking at me. I had to look down at her because she was so small. I laughed at her height tried to focus other then thinking of how the hell Jess could win a fight. Granted I knew she kicked quite a few asses in her prime human life.

Now that she was teaming up with me this was going to be interesting. Or so I hoped. She exchanged a few words with Ryland and I started to think of places where the hunters could have lived. I was going to need some vampires and some of Jess’s.

We could do this.

No problema.
*******
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. Please comment and subscribe. It might not matter to you but feedback for us is kind of important. We want to know what you're thinking when you read.
But a MAJOR thank you for those who do comment every time and give us a lot os support.

So predictions? Is Jess good or bad? How is Ash going to handle the hunters. How is Gabe going to handle the hunters?