Status: In process. Kind of slow but getting there. :D

I Was Always a Biter

16. Hide And Go Seek

*******
Gabe's POV

I was thrilled to be working with Alpha again. I knew her clan was strong and with both of ours joined together, we could accomplish anything.

I now realized Beckett wanted Ashley badly, it's like he couldn't live without her. He wasn't going to be able to control himself any longer. So maybe, I thought, I'll just let him have her and watch the damage that could be done. Not that I wanted the girl hurt, but it was the only option for her to gain trust in me.

I just needed to get her back from the hunters.

"Alpha", I called out, "We need to find out were the hunters' location is. Up for a game of 'Hide and Seek'?"

"Sure, why not.", she paused for a moment, "Saporta?"

"Yeah?"

"Why does Beckett find this girl so interesting?", she laughed and I saw her fangs perk out, "You guys keep fighting over her like it's your last chance to find a mate. If that's how you want to word it."

"To Beckett, it is. There's something about her that attracts us to her and to be honest, I don't know what. Beckett loves her smell though, it is rather appetizing.", I chuckled.

"You know, Gabe", she began, "That's just how you men are. I remember how you acted towards me when you first laid eyes on me.", she snickered and rolled her eyes, "You were so infatuated, as was I, but I was just a young human then and didn't know any better."

I shook my head, "I remember."

She used to have very dark brown eyes and long brown hair. Glasses and a well-tanned body. She was very shy when I first met her, but that memory soon faded when she became a vampire three years ago in August. Her eyes, now a very light shade of blue and her tanned body had lightened to a white, but she was still my little Alpha.

-x-x-x-x-x-

Pete's POV

Finding proof of vampires wasn't a difficult task, since I was one, it was just a matter of keeping this girl calm and collected. Most who ever learned about vampires tried to tell everyone and warn everyone to watch out and stay away. We killed her off then, we didn't want to reek havoc.

"What's your name?", I questioned her.

I could tell she was very shy. I guess I didn't have to worry about her telling anyone. "Ashley", she muttered, "Look I don't care about any of this. I just want to be home. Why don't any of you understand? That's all I ask!", she hollered as her voice cracked.

I nodded my head, "I understand that, but you can't go home now, you'll put everyone you know in danger.", I warned her, "Vampires are not ones to let you have mercy and if it's William that wants you, you're stuck with that."

She glared at me, "What do you mean 'I'm stuck with that?' "

I let out a deep sigh and continued, "He's not going to give up just because you want to and want to go home. To him, his home is your home. He has a thing for you."

"But so does that Saporta guy.", she interjected.

"Yes, I realize that. That's what makes it harder on you. The are competing clans and what one wants, the other wants as well."

She sat there quietly and didn't make a sound, "Ashley, do you know what a vampire is and what they can do?", I questioned her.

She rolled her eyes, "No, I don't, but I'm pretty sure it's not a good thing."

"Well, then let me show you.", I got close to her neck and smelt it. I knew why Beckett wanted her now. My fangs came out and I backed up to show her. She went quiet.

"Are those real?"

"As real as they'll ever be."

She looked at the ground and tucked her knees up to her head, "This is unreal, it can't be happening."

"Whatever you do, Ashley, do not let them bite you if they get to you. Once they do that, I can no longer help you, unless we kill them."

I went to turn around and there was Patrick, "What's up, Trick'?"

He started to load up his gun, "We've got vampires, many of them. A mixture. I can't define them. Must be newborns of Beckett's."

I sighed, just what we needed. I hated dealing with newborns, they never gave up and I didn't want Ashley out of my sight if they were Beckett's, "Get the guys and get them ready. This isn't going to be easy." I turned to Ashley, "Under no circumstances will you leave this room. Unless I tell you to, got it?"

She nodded her head, "Yeah."

I looked out the window and guns were already firing. I could see Beckett standing across the street. He laid eyes on me and dematerialized. This was not good, "Ashley, when I tell you to run, run."

I heard the door creak open from behind me and I took a defensive stance. My fangs bared and I hissed, "Beckett."

"Nice to see you too, Wentz. It's lovely out isn't it? Fine day for a fight.", he glared at me.

"So it is."

*********
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. :D
Please comment and subscribe!

And thanks to those who comment every time. We love it.

Ok, this chapter was by Ashley.
Still working on the account thingie. :/

Predictions?

Btw, I sound awesome in this. I wish I was as cool as the Jess in this. *dreamy sigh*