Status: In process. Kind of slow but getting there. :D

I Was Always a Biter

17. Hit and Miss

*********
Gabe’s POV

“She doesn’t like chocolate? I used to love chocolate. You gave me the same thing when I was upset with you.”

Jess had returned with me to my house to the room Ashley was kept in. I nodded and one of her vampires appeared. He took the bag of M&M’s and smelled them. He nodded to her left. She looked around the room and I decided to sit on the edge of the bed.

“Was he a tracker?”

She nodded as she moved to look out the window, “One of the best. I trust him over anyone else I know.”

I rose and eyebrow, “Even me?”

She looked over her shoulder, “Well I don’t trust you at all. You took me and turned me.”

I smirked and stood up, “But look at you now. You’re beautiful and powerful.”

She stayed quiet and I shuffled around, “How long till he comes back?”

She still hadn’t looked at me, “Not long. He’s a fast one.”

I walked up to her, “Do you still hold it against me?”

She turned to me, “Hold what against you?”

“Me turning you.”

She shook her head, “Nah. I never really did. Got me out of that crappy life. Like you said, look at me now.”

Her vampire reappeared, “I know where they are. The other vampire clan is there. They’re fighting hunters.”

He told us the address of the building and I went down to my foyer. I called my vampires together including my newborns. I gave them orders of going to the address and not wasting time. I told them we needed to get the girl in one piece before William could take her.

The hunters could either be killed or spared. I didn’t care. Our main target was catching Ashley and returning her here. I needed her here so I could keep and eye on her. I wanted her and I wasn’t going to let William win this easily.

Jess got some of her boys together and said she’d meet me there. I wasn’t worried. I knew she wouldn’t let me down. Besides, I knew she wanted to check out the Dandies. I did promise her one of them. I was a man of my word. She would pick and I would deliver.

When I appeared at the address I was met with a fight. The three human hunters were fighting off William’s men as they were trying to fight their way in to the house to get Ashley. It was a pitiful site but nice none the less. It was kind of nice seeing them so weak.

Ryland appeared next to me, “Sir?”

“Keep the Dandies out of my way. I’m going in.”

He nodded and started barking orders. I moved past the fighting vampires and let my group handle them. They were strong enough. I wasn’t worried. It’s not like William’s men could do any damage.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Pete’s POV

“You can’t have her William.”

William started to laugh, “Come on Pete. Look outside. You’re out numbered. Give her back to me and I’ll leave.”

I moved to be in front of Ashley, “You can’t have her.”

He went dead pan, “Then I’ll kill you and take her anyways.”

William disappeared and appeared in front of me. I told Ashley to run and not look back as I head butted William. He wasn’t expecting that. I sent us both into the wall and crashing William through the plaster. The one thing I was grateful for, my vampire powers.

I was pulled off William and thrown back. Another vampire had grabbed me. I got up and William did as well. I lunged for the vampire that came to William’s rescue and I grabbed his head. I turned his head as far as I could and could hear it break. I dropped him and he exploded into ash.

I looked up to see William and he had disappeared. I growled and booked it out the door. I needed to find Ashley and I needed to find her now.
**************
Alpha’s POV

I walked around the scene and a few of my newborns were begging to get into the fight. I didn’t mind. I let them loose. They were in need of exercise anyways. I started to watch the Dandies. Gabe said I got to pick and I wanted a strong one.

One caught my eye, “There are other vampires here. Kill them.”

I pushed a Dandie out of my way to get a closer look. He was about five foot seven with brown hair coming out from underneath his white bowler hat. He was barking out orders like he ran the group. He looked too young to run them all.

I grabbed a Dandie away from one of my boys and turned him the man who caught my attention, “Who is he?”

He struggled under the choke hold I had him in, “Bitch please, I’m not telling you anything.”

“You have an awful mouth for someone who has so called class. Now is he? Tell me before I rip you to shreds.”

I gripped onto him tighter and he gasped under my digging nails, “Brendon. Brendon Urie. He’s our leader’s right hand man.”

I rose an eyebrow, “Oh really?”

I shrugged and tightened my grip hard enough to crush his throat. I ripped his head away and let the ash fall away. He was pretty much useless. I hadn’t even hurt him yet and he told me the answer I was looking for. What kind of vampires was this guy raising?

I moved closer and say Gabe make his move. He was killing a few vampires on his way but he was heading towards the house. Once he entered I took my chance to join him.

“Gabriel.”

He whipped around, “Shh. I don’t want them to know were in here.”

I rolled my eyes, “I know which one I want.”

“It’s Urie isn’t it?”

I huffed, “How did you know?”

He shook his head, “I knew it. I knew it was going to be him. You’ve got to be kidding me. Go for the aussie at least not boring old Brendon. He’s not even submissive.”

“First off, I don’t want to know how you know if he is submissive and two, you said I could pick.”

He walked past me, “Just get me Ashley and I’ll get you Urie.”

I nodded and Gabe took off away from me. I figured I could find her on my own anyways. I could smell her faintly. I appeared in a differed part of house and I could hear a fight break out. I stayed low and until a girl came running my way. She was human. I knew then it was Ashley. She saw me and stopped dead in her tracks.

I held my hands up defensively, “Its ok. I work with the hunters. I’m here to help you.”

She was terrified, “How can I trust you?”

I shrugged, “That’s up to you.”

“Well, I don’t trust you.”

I smirked, “Pity. I was hoping we could be friends.”

I appeared in front of her and grabbed her around the neck. We appeared outside and I let out a whistle. My men stopped and the Dandies even gave me their attention. Ashley tried to get me to let her go. It was kinda funny how she was trying so hard.

My voice rang out, “Where is the leader of the Dandies?”

Brendon caught my attention and moved forward, “And who are you?”

“Alpha is the name. I suggest you step back Mr. Urie or this girl is going to be a blood donor.”

“I’m Beckett.” A male walked up behind Brendon, “What are you doing here Brendon? I said stay back.”

He growled, “I’m perfectly fine. Gabe didn’t do any damage.”

Beckett was an interesting fellow. He was at least six foot one and his long russet locks almost made me jealous. Most of his facial features were feminine which surprised me. I was expecting some ugly bulky man. I was rather impressed.

I could see Gabe out of the corner of my eye. He was fighting a vampire. It looked like the vampire was working for the hunters. What a pity. I could see Gabe work his way over here and he didn’t seem too fond of the way I was holding Ashley against me. I wasn’t being too rough so he should chill.

“Alright” I fought to keep my hold on her, “Will you chill? I’m going to let you go in a few seconds.”

I smiled at William. “So you’re William. You got some scrawny men. My newborns took them out pretty easy.”

William stepped forward, “Give her to me. I don’t know what your business is here-”

“You damn well know! You killed a part of my clan. The next time you go out to attack some vampires. Don’t go after someone who isn’t an enemy.”

William shook his head, “I didn’t know.”

Gabe took her from me, “Well, too late for that William.”

William got red in the face, “She is not yours.”

I smirked, “Technically she’s mine. But I promised I would help him out because you killed a part of my clan. I may be willing to make a trade.”

I looked over at Brendon and he looked at William. William was intent on staring at the girl. She was struggling under Gabe’s hold. William looked like he was about to lunge. Thankfully one of my vampires noticed and jumped in front of William. He shoved him back and his Dandies moved in.

Gabe chuckled, “Now Bilvy, don’t hurt your chances.”

Brendon helped William up and William growled, “What do you want?”

I pointed at Brendon, “I want him. I want him to work for me.”

Brendon shook his head, “You got to be kidding. I’m not going back to Gabe.”

I rolled my eyes, “I don’t want you to work with Gabe. I said me you idiot. You were right Gabe. I should go for the aussie.”

Another one of William’s looked up and I knew then he was the aussie, “No I will never work for you.”

Gabe shrugged, “Well, there your choice William. If you want to say no I guess I’ll be taking her back then.”

Brendon turned to William, “Don’t. She’s not worth it.”

William hissed, “That is not up to you.”

“I know everything. What makes you think they won’t get information out of me?”

I groaned, “Just say yes or no. I’m hungry.”

I sighed and leaned on Gabe’s shoulder. He smiled as Ashley finally gave up on breaking away. I didn’t seem to mind. It was giving these brats a chance to figure out what they wanted.

“Gabey, make them pick. I’m hungry.”

“Shh now. Go feed off one of those hunters. They’re getting ready to attack again.”

I shrugged and pulled away as the vampire that worked with the hunters appeared in front of me. He tried to stake me and Gabe dematerialized within seconds. William yelled and the vampire was tackled. My men held off William’s men as I retreated. I spat out commands as fast as I could. William was set on catching up to me.

What I wasn’t expecting was Brendon grabbing me. Next thing I new he had me and I wasn’t getting at the hold. I glared at him and he smirked. William came forward and I struggled even more. Brendon wasn’t weak.

“What a way to treat a lady guys.”

William grabbed my chin, “Where did he take her?”

“I don’t know.”

I almost thought he was going to hit me, “Tell me.”

“I do not know. Let me go and I’ll try to find him.”

William shook his head, “Nah. I can use you.”

I smirked as one of my vampires pulled William away. I shoved my elbows back and Brendon cringed. He let go and I grabbed onto my vampire. We dematerialized and appeared into a living room. That was too close. I was almost scared.
***********
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subcribe! Thanks for reading.
And thanks to all the devoted fans!
I'll edit later.