Status: In process. Kind of slow but getting there. :D

I Was Always a Biter

18. Only Goes So Far

***********
Alpha’s POV

“I’m sorry.”

The vampire that had brought me here and disappeared quickly and I soon realized I wasn’t in Gabe’s little hideout. I silently cursed at myself. I knew I wasn’t where I was supposed to be and I had a feeling I was somewhere with the Dandies. I could smell them.

I started out of the room I was in and looked down the hallway. It was dead quiet and I started down the hall way. When I reached a set of stairs leading down I could hear a lot of noise. It sounded like arguing.

I slipped down the stairs as quietly as possible. I could see the door that probably would lead me out of here. Which I needed to get out of here. I didn’t want any of these vampires trying to interrogate me. I was hungry and a little weak.

“Well look what the dogs brought in.”

I whipped around and there was a Dandie looking at me. I kept my ground and I growled. I wasn’t going to let him get in my way of leaving. I had a feeling I had a traitor in my clan now. He must have wanted to be with the Dandies or something. At least he had the decency to say sorry.

“Beckett!” Another vampire appeared in front of the door.

I cursed and started to walk around them. I needed to found a way out and quickly. But it didn’t take long for my arms to be grabbed onto and me kicking and screaming. I was one hell of a vocal person and I didn’t care what words I used.

Beckett soon came into the room with Brendon on his tail. He ordered me to be chained up to a wall in the basement. What a gentleman he was and as I was taken down there I felt a few hands grab onto me which was not in the appropriate ways, resulting into more of me yelling at them.

By the time I was dragged to the basement I had taken out a few Dandies. They were really struggling on keeping a hold of me. They tired so hard to hold me down but I wasn’t having any of it. Well, until William grabbed me.

He pulled me away from the reaching arms and held my arms behind me. He made the Dandies leave and Brendon stayed. I had a feeling that the integration from these two wasn’t going to be pretty.

William threw me to the center of the room and I caught myself. I made sure I kept equal distance from both of the men. I didn’t trust them. I wanted to dematerialize out of here but I had a feeling if I tried they would stop me way before I had a chance and I didn’t want to lead them to Gabe or my clan.

William smirked, “Looks like one of your vampires fell far from the tree.”

I spat back at him, “I’m sure he was guided.”

William shrugged, “Sometimes things get out of control.”

I stood up straight, “I’ve never had problems with my newborns until today. They have always been well behaved and do exactly what I say. No matter what. Not to mention mine can control their hunger.”

William took of his coat and threw it to the side. I was a little worried now. He started to roll p his sleeves and I didn’t like how quiet it was. I looked over at Brendon and he was staring at me intently. He was waiting to see what I was planning on doing.

William starting talking again after he was done rolling up his sleeves, “My newborns are capable of control.”

My eyes narrowed in hatred, “They just choose not to control themselves?”

He didn’t even acknowledge me, “I am sorry for the damage they did to your clan of vampires and I think tonight was fair. Though I assure you if anything happens to Ashley while she is in Gabriel’s care I will be taking it from your skin.”

I batted my eyes at him in a sarcastic manner and told him he wouldn’t do anything like that. He was too much of a gentleman. I heard Brendon snort behind me and William seemed amused by my behavior.

Next thing I knew I was against the wall of the basement. It was cold and felt slimily almost. Like a thin film of glue was placed against the wall. I struggled under his hold as I tried to push off the wall.

“I am a gentleman to the deserving women. I would be to you but you took something of mine so chivalry to you is dead.”

I managed to shove him away and I rubbed my throat, “Like you? Besides, I made an offer to you. You refused to answer.”

William looked over to Brendon and Brendon still looked pissed off that he was almost traded to me. He looked over at William for a second and returned his look to me, “What do you even want me for?”

I shrugged, “I like your ass. It’s a cute apple bottom.”

Brendon looked at me like I had taken his arm or something. I mean it was a compliment. I couldn’t help but let out a smile with a few giggles. His face was priceless and I wish I could take a photo of it.

I looked over to William, “Well, I told you why I want what I want. How about you? What is so special about this Ashley girl?”

“That is none of your business.”

I rolled my eyes, “Geeze. No need to be modest about it William. I’m sure you’re just using her as a mate.”

His fists clenched, “Don’t you dare talk about her like that.”

I found a soft spot about William. He was in love with her but didn’t want to think anything more then he needed. He reminded me of a teenage boy afraid to go as out a girl on a date. He was even protective about her.

The conversations turned into taunts and William getting more and more upset with me. Eventually I did get hit by William. The little brat smacked me and it hurt. I was thrown around the room a few times and I was sure I had a bruised rib.

He started asking what I knew about Ashley and why Gabe would want her. I kept it pretty simple and told the truth. I didn’t know why Gabe wanted her. I assumed he liked her like he did. I mean I just got back into town.

My wounds and all my sore parts were staying the same way because I hadn’t feed tonight. I was still hungry and if William kept pushing me around I was going to bite him. He wasn’t going to like it either.

I was on my hands and knees. I hurt all over but I wasn’t bleeding much. A few scrapes here and there. William took his chance and grabbed my hair on the back of my head and lifted me up. I hissed and reached for him. My nails pieced his skin and were leaving trails of red raised skin from my scratches.

William didn’t believe a word I was saying and this wasn’t going to end pretty.
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Gabe’s POV

I was worried. Alpha hadn’t appeared back here yet. I paced in front of Ashley as Ryland went out to go look for her. I ended up calling all of Alpha’s clan into the living room I was pacing in and asked them who was missing and what else they knew about her disappearance.

I had a toll of who died, who was feeding right now, and who didn’t check back in. There was one that didn’t check in and the other vampires weren’t to happy about him. They said he was into the Dandies and didn’t really like Alpha’s lifestyle, which was stupid to me because she was so laid back.

The tracker that helped before offered to go look for her. I sent him with my Nate to go on the search. I felt a little safer knowing that we were looking for her. I was just worried on what William was going to do to her if she was indeed with him.

Ashley looked terrified and in shock. She was sitting on the couch with her knees pulled to her chest. I had dismissed the vampires and she seemed to calm down a little. I tried to reassure her she was safe but she wouldn’t even look at me. It broke my heart because I did care for her.

I scooped her into my arms and she didn’t fight me. I dematerialized and appeared into my bedroom. I placed Ashley on the bed carefully before pacing my room. Ashley turned on her side away from me and I silently cursed at my self.

I loved Jess more then anything. She was a wonderful friend to me and her not being here was starting to get to me. I was actually scared of what William might do. He wouldn’t think twice about killing her.

But I couldn’t give up Ashley for her. I loved Ashley too much. She was mine. Not William’s. He could keep dreaming because he would never lay a finger on her. Not in a million years.

I tried to think if I had anything that I could bargain with William for Alpha. I had a feeling I could just have to break in there and get her. Just like I did with the hunters. I was beginning to wonder if I could lead the hunters to William’s house to cause a distraction as I grabbed Alpha.

That was a plan that could work.

I sat down on the edge of the bed and started thinking of different ways I could get Alpha out of there if I needed to. I was sure I was. Besides, I was going to need Brendon for Jess anyways.

This was going to be interesting.
************
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. This chapter was by me. I know, weird pattern change. XD
PLEASE comment and subscribe. Pretty please? Show us some love. Please don't be a silent reader.

Thanks to all those who do comment. <3 We love you.