Status: In process. Kind of slow but getting there. :D

I Was Always a Biter

23. Sides

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jess's POV

I strode in the city streets with their dim lights flickering above us. It was a busy Friday night during the summer, which was perfect to cause chaos. I knew the Dandies would be out at this time. It was 1 o'clock in the morning. The drunks, prostitutes, whores and all alike were all out; their favorites. They were easily killed, which was probably why they were favorable.

With a wave of my hand I let my clan go out into the bars and homes. It wasn't hard to act upset because I still was, by Gabe's actions of course. I hated when he laid his hands on me like that.

It didn't take me long to spot Urie. His chocolate eyes and dark brown hair stood out unlike the others. Not to mention he was much cleaner. He kept trying to control William's clan and newborns, they were hungry. He soon released them and came over to me.

He looked at me unsure as to what to say, studying my posture and expression, "What's with you? I never see you and your clan as ravenous as this."

I turned my body away from him, "I could say the same to you", I huffed, "They're hungry. That's all."

He stepped in-front of me and, to what I thought, looked right into my eyes, "Something's wrong."

I scoffed, "Why do you care? We're 'enemies'." I made sure to make air quotes when I said enemies, because honestly we really weren't.

I watched his body become less tense as he took a deep breath, "Jess", he smirked, "Just tell me."

"It's Saporta."

He perked up when he heard his name, "What about him?"

"He's turned against me. I have no one to go to and I honestly don't know what to do. He knows me too well for me to be able to defend myself and the clan."

He looked as if he wasn't sure how to react, "Are you asking for help?"

I nodded, even though I hated being 'helped', it was the only way to gain their trus, "Listen Alpha", he began, "Get your clan together now and we'll go back to William's mansion. We'll discuss matters there. I don't like being out in the open."

He gathered William's men and dematerialized, as did I. We appeared in what I was assuming was the main hall. I could smell Ashley's scent. It was stronger then before, I got a little uneasy and worried.

Brendon had went up stairs, he was going to talk to William about my staying here and 'joining' their clan. This is where the good part comes in.

William walked down the stairs and looked up and down at me and then nodded, "Urie, she can stay. Just watch her. I don't trust her to be near Ashley right now."

Brendon smiled widened as he looked at me. he looked...happy? This surprised me. Maybe my feelings towards him weren't so absurd. Maybe he felt the same way.

I shook my head as Brendon lead me to a room, "This is where you'll be staying, Alpha. I'll come get you when we leave to feed again. Don't come out of this room until I ask you to, alright?"

I nodded and sat down on the bed as he shut the door.

Step one, make my way into the Dandie mansion and somewhat gain Brendon's trust. Check.
♠ ♠ ♠
"Shit! Sorry guys. This is realllyyyy late. I've been going through a lot of crap with grades and family. But I'm back with chapter 23! I hope you guys like it!" -Ashley

Please comment and subscribe. Send some love to Ashley letting us know you support her through tough times. Cause I do. :) Thanks for reading!