Status: In process. Kind of slow but getting there. :D

I Was Always a Biter

25. It's A Regular Thing

___________________________________

Gabe's POV

I walked the streets of New York City that early morning. I was hungry, I had to admit it. I didn't care what or who it was. The anger inside of me was building up. Whatever I saw was what I would get. I walked inside a local bar and took my seat, soon to be approached by a waitress.

She flashed one of those flirty smiles at me, "What would you like, sir?"

I looked up at her and stared for a moment, I thought I might take her later, after her shift of course. When know one was watching, "A water."

She walked to the back of the bar to get me a water while I looked around at every humans body. Tall, short, big and small, not one of them caught my eye, not even their scent attracted me. The sober ones were harder to get, since they weren't under the influence. The drunks, well they came to you, as stupid as they were.

I sipped my water in disgust, I didn't mind in normally, but I wanted blood. I couldn't wait any longer. I flashed the waitress a smirk and walked into the back then into the alley. She soon followed. It didn't take long into our conversation until I grabbed her by her throat and pushed her against the wall. As woman do, she screamed as I bit into her neck. To my surprise her blood wasn't that bad. I let go of her and watched as her limp body fell to the ground. Her heart was still beating, so I let her be.

My men were waiting for me on the corner of E. 11th Street, we didn't care to been seen. It was three in the morning. I started talking to Jess through our telepathic link, "How're they treating you?"

I could hear her soft sigh, "I'm fine, Gabe. If I need to talk to you I will make sure to do so. I've been locked in a room most of the time. They don't want me near Ashley."

I nodded to myself, "Yeah, I knew they wouldn't let you near her, but it's a good thing."

"How?"

"She'll know you're on my side, Jess. And William will kill you in a split second, but I won't let that happen. I promise."

"Gabe, I have to go." And just like that, she shut me out.

We returned to our newest hideout, it was better renovated then the old. And Beckett knew where the old one was, but then again, the Dandies mansion had never changed. It had been the same since the early 1800's. I had been there a few times during those years, only to confront William before we became enemies.

He always wanted what I had. Or vice versa. It was a child's game between us, one that needed to end.

It was the truth that I wanted to kill William. Having his clan and mine joined together, we'd be unstoppable. It would be an idea to work towards, but it would certainty be a while.

But then again, would it?

__________________________

Brendon's POV

I watched as William opened the door to Ashley's room. He went in there quietly and shut the door before I could even reach him. I stood next to the door and listened.

William was the first to speak,"You know we aren't going to hurt you here, right?"

I could sense her body tense up as I assumed he got closer, "I-I know, but that doesn't mean I trust you. You're a vampire. Period."

His voice got softer, he was so gentle when he wanted to be, "Ashley, I didn't take you from your family to torture you. It was not safe, Gabriel is one to play games. He's the one you need to worry about."

I backed away from the door after he had spoken that. I wasn't sure if that was true. I knew he loved Ashley, but William had a temperament problem. He never had much patience for humans, which was why we were all astonished when William fell for her. He had only one love before that, her name was Isabelle. She died in the late 1860's due to child birth. William hasn't spoken of her since.

I returned to Jess's room and sat next to her on the bed, she was silent, but she didn't turn away from me. Which was a good thing.

She turned to face me and stared at me, "I can read your thoughts, Brendon. I trust you, okay?"

I nodded slowly and blocked my thoughts from her. It was an old trick William taught me to do. To my surprise, I looked over and felt pressure on my shoulder. She leaned her head on it. I started stroking her hair. Saporta was holding her back from a life she could have, and I did not like it.

Sisky soon entered the room, which took me by surprise. I stood up and went over to him, "Yes?"

"William suggests you and -"

"Jess", I interrupted.

"He suggests that you and Jess get ready for dinner in the dining hall."

I looked confused, we had eaten there in years, only because we went out on the streets to eat, but then I thought back to Ashley. He was trying to impress her, he had done the same thing with Isabelle.

I walked over to one of the closets in the room and pulled out a short, grey silk dress. It was perfect for Jess. I handed it to her and she smiled slightly, "Your smile is beautiful you know. Show it off more often.", I grinned and left the room to freshen up for diner.

I thought tonight would be a perfect calm night, but then again, I could be wrong. A Dandies lifestyle is never easy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Chapter and banner by Ashley!
Please comment and subscribe guys! We love to have feedback! We may be busy with updates but we love to give you what we can.