Status: In process. Kind of slow but getting there. :D

I Was Always a Biter

26. We'll Be Alright

****************
Alpha’s POV

“Hey you, get me Brendon.”

The Dandie looked at me from the hall and gave me a blank look, “Pardon?”

I let out a hiss, “Go get me Brendon. Are you deaf?”

He took a step back and nodded. I stepped back into my room and pulled the edge of the dress down desperately wishing for it to grow longer. I hadn’t worn a dress in such a long time that the bare skin felt so exposed.

I had my hair up and away from my face but simple. I didn’t want to go overboard. I very rarely had my hair up but I at least wanted to try something different. Thankfully I had found a hair tie to keep it in a bun.

“You called for–?”

I turned to Brendon as his words fell away. He was wearing a typical dark blue button up shirt and black slacks. He was leaving it untucked and the top couple of buttons undone. It was attractive none the less but still an enemy.

“Well, you clean up well.”

I glared at him, “Oh shut the hell up.”

He chuckled and came a little closer, “I mean it.”

I rolled my eyes, “Look, just keep me away far from Ashley alright? I don’t want to see her tonight.”

He furred his eyebrows, “Why?”

I threw my hands in the air, “You’re helpless. She’s the reason I’m stuck in a room like if I was in prison! Hello?!”

He continued to chuckle and grabbed one of my hands, “Fine. It’s not like William would trust you near her anyways.”

It didn’t take us long to get down into the dinning hall. It was rather nice to walk there. I finally got to stretch my cramped up legs and be in a different room for once. Though, I started to feel nervous in the presence of all the Dandies. Half of them had their eyes on William but the rest on me and my men. Brendon kept me on the side behind most of the people but I could still see Ashley and William.

She didn’t seam to like the attention on her but was willing to give it chance. I could see she had different body language with William then she did with Gabe. She let William close to her. If Gabe even set a foot near her she’d freak. Which this meant she trusted William more then Gabe.

Regardless, it was interesting to watch.

Brendon had me sit down next to him and my right hand man next to me. I felt a little more secure. He asked how I was and I felt better just talking to him. I told him so and Brendon let me talk to him as if he wasn’t even there.

Now I was kind of surprised when we were given food. We were capable of eating human food but it wasn’t necessary. So I didn’t mind when we had such small portions. It’s not like I was even hungry. Well, not for what was on my plate.

That’s when the glasses came around and I could smell the blood fill the room. We all did. We all stopped mingling for a few seconds as each glass was filled. Even Ashley picked up on it.

By the time the waiter had back off the glass was in my hand and near my lips.

I nearly spit it all up, “What is this Brendon?”

He snickered before taking a sip, “What do you think it is?”

“I don’t know.” I looked into to glass, “There is blood in it but–”

Brendon turned to me, “Jess you alright?”

I felt myself get dizzy and lightheaded. I place my glass down and tried to focus on a spot in front of me. I hadn’t felt something like this since Gabe and I had our fist telepathic talk.

“Yeah.” I grabbed onto my head and spoke through my link with Gabe, “What the hell are you doing?”

“You weren’t answering me.”

I had to bit my lip to stop myself from screaming out in pain. What ever he was doing to me was starting to hurt more then I could take. I didn’t even know he was trying to get a hold of me. I was beginning to wonder if he was doing this as some kind of punishment or something.

“I’m kind of busy and in front of all the Dandies you fucking prick!”

I felt another jab of pain and let out a small squeak as he talked, “Don’t talk to me like that. It’s your own fault for not responding.”

“You never said anything!”

I could hear Brendon next to me, “Alpha? What are you talking about?”

I tried to push Gabe from my head and looked up at the table I was at. They all had their eyes on me. At least they were my own men and a just a few Dandies here and there so I wasn’t too worried. Though, I wanted to stay quiet so William wouldn’t notice. I looked past the people sitting in front me and could see William and Ashley still mingling.

I felt Brendon tug on my arm, “What the hell is going on?”

I looked at him, “Nothing.”

He looked me right in the eyes, “That was not ‘nothing’. It was something and if you don’t tell me I’ll make life hell for you.”

He was so serious. But I couldn’t tell him that I was having conversations with Gabe. That would ruin anything I had built between us to get Brendon’s trust. I couldn’t let this fall apart because Gabe felt he needed to be in control of everything and know exactly what I was doing.

I could hear Gabe clear as day, “I’m not done talking with you yet.”

I closed my eyes and responded to Gabe, “Gabriel you’re hurting me!”

“You’re doing this to yourself sweetie. I just wanted to keep updated and you kept shutting me out.”

“With a good reason! They’re keeping tabs on me. I don’t need them finding out about our bond or I’ll lose any creditability I had you idiot.”

Brendon pulled me back, “Jess!”

I looked at him still trying to push Gabe away, “Yeah?”

He looked me in the eyes once more and looked like he was searching for something, “You have a bond with Gabe don’t you? Or at least now you do.”

“No. He’s tying to create one.” I let one of my hands hold onto my head, “It hurts so much.”

I felt Brendon’s hand on my back, “Jut close your eyes and try to push it all away.”

I did so and was surprised he was being so kind and not running straight to William. The fact that the Dandies around me were sticking by the table worried about me made me feel a little safe. I really didn’t want to piss William off while he was trying to charm Ashley.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Ashley’s POV

“Is everything good?”

I looked up at William from looking at my salad he had the waiter bring me, “Yeah. It’s good. Why are you doing all of this?”

He took a sip from his glass, “I wanted to show you I wasn’t a bad man and I do care about you. I don’t want to give you the impression that I just have you here as livestock.”

I leaned closer, “I don’t like all the eyes on me.”

He smiled weakly, “They’re just curious to see you. They won’t hurt you. I promise. Being next to me is the safest place in the world.”

“If you say so.” I picked at the salad in front of me, “Thank you for the food though.”

“Is it honestly alright? I tried to get something that would be satisfying but something you’d like to eat.”

I nodded and took another bite, “I do. Better then what Gabe was trying to feed me. This actually looks top of the line and not just from the store a few days old.”

William chuckled and I called him on it asking him what was so funny, “I find that so amusing that he can’t make you a decent vegetarian meal seeming the fact he was a vegetarian before he was turned.”

“Was he really?”

William nodded taking a sip of his drink, “Indeed he was. He was a decent human when he was alive. I don’t know what happened though. Things seem so different now.”

I had asked him about Gabe being turned and he really couldn’t tell me anything. I figured he didn’t know or he just didn’t want me to know so I didn’t push it. I wanted to ask him more about Gabe but I didn’t push it. He was in a good mood and I didn’t want him to go sour.

“Are you the same as you were?”

He looked at me and furred his eyebrows, “Pardon?”

“When you turned did you become different?”

He shrugged and looked away, “I don’t think so. It has been a long time though.”

He didn’t seem to be the type that liked to talk about his past. I didn’t blame him. I was the same way but it was interesting none the less. I wanted to say it appeared he was hiding something but I barely knew him. So maybe he is hiding something but I honestly didn’t know.

I didn’t know if I should ask him about himself or not. I thought it could be a great conversation starter. Though, I’d have to tread softly and quietly. I didn’t want to poke the bear. But like I said, I barely knew the guy.

“William?”

He turned to me from dropped the conversation he was having with the few Dandies around us, “Yes?”

“Uh. Never mind.”

He smiled lightly, “No, what is it?”

“I was thinking, I don’t really know anything about you.”

He looked around him and I could see some of the Dandies look at him. He didn’t say anything after he finished his glass. Which I think had blood but I didn’t want to know. I mean, I was happy he wasn’t feeding off a human in front of me but still.

He stood up and offered me his hand. I took it and he pulled me up and led me out of dinning hall. I felt a little relieved that there weren’t all those vampires looking at me like I was some kind of nice juicy steak. He led me through a few halls and out a glass door.

I stepped out and William followed. We were in some kind of garden in what I was assuming the backyard. His voice was soft, “I don’t like talking about myself in front of my men. So I figured we could talk out here.”

I nodded and walked over to one of the rose bushes. I smelled a couple of the roses blooming with such life and nearly fainted in joy. These had to be the most amazing roses I had ever seen. They looked so taken care of.

I turned around to ask William a question when he appeared in front of me holding a dark red rose. I took it from him smelling it and realizing how breathtaking this garden was.

“I grow them myself. It’s a lot of work but it’s worth it.”

I smiled at him, “They’re so beautiful William.”

“Isabelle loved them. I started growing them for her.”

“Was she your wife?”

I could see William turn away from me, “What did you want to ask me and can we restrain it from too far in the past?”

As much as I still feared the vampire in William I went over and placed my hand on his shoulder, “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have brought it up.”

He looked over at me and placed his hand over my own, “It’s alright.”

My hand was released and I let it fall back to my side and William turned back to me. He leaned forward and kissed my cheek. I felt myself blush slightly at the gesture and took a step back. He smiled weakly before leading me to a bench.

I think things were going to be alright.
***************
♠ ♠ ♠
So guys, I know. Its been a while. We've both been busy and I've been going through college stuff. Go figure. I'm kind if excited for college. lol

Please comment and subscribe. We LOVE feedback. Tell us what you think and what you think will happen. :) And thanks to who do so every time. You guys are amazing.

Also, if youre looking for a new read Summerlin and I have a new story out. It's Called Creeping In My Soul . Check it out if you're curious. I also have a new Brendon Urie one shot that could use some love and wishes of good luck. I entered it into a contest. :D

Love you guys!